[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You really do need to get into the mindset of a Redditor to understand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 9

You really do need to get into the mindset of a Redditor to understand why this band is so popular. These people have never heard of music in their lives that wasn't stuff like Lady Gaga, it was completely alien to them. And they can't enjoy these artists because they consider these artists stupid. They want an artist that doesn't necessarily have substance or good songwriting or authenticity, but that appears to in order to appeal to their surface-level taste. Because these people live for that mindless self-validation. They don't actually understand what makes for good writing or good music, nor have they ever picked an album more obscure than Demon Days. They want to pretend they do so and circlejerk themselves, that's what matters.

Gorillaz is just perfect for its demographic: these same Redditors who "fucking love all kinds of music, rock, rap, AND electronica!". The entire foundation of the band is built upon the dichotomy between "look at how wide our genre repertoire is, we have music that sounds like hip hop AND rock AND electronica" and "LOL SILLY CARTOONS". This pseudo-intellectual "wow so versitile" bullshit that Gorillaz shits out in almost every track is what appeals to it's audience. The band doesn't actually have the tact to even begin to offer an interesting presentation and discussion of any genre, so it spouts these edgy teenage cartoons.

Nevermind the bean-headed, noodle-limbed unexpressive production, or how the substance is non-existent and only comes up when the writers beg you to feel something for these characters so devoid of substance, or how the entire band is a trendy forgettable scenario of the week memefest with just enough hip hop references to trick kids into thinking they are smart for understanding them, or how the characters have somehow been reduced to even more obnoxious caricatures than before, none of these things matter. What matters is that it appeals to the millenial redditor audience, and that's what's selling Gorillaz.
>>
This is a bait post but I completely agree with it

Gorillaz is essential teenage girl / middleschooler core, i know a guy over 21 who prides himself on his eclectic taste and his favorite artists are death grips and gorillaz
>>
File: 25.jpg (112KB, 743x695px) Image search: [Google]
25.jpg
112KB, 743x695px
>>71987072
autism
>>
File: Capture.png (196KB, 1345x660px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
196KB, 1345x660px
>>71987072
can you post it again?

https://rbt.asia/mu/?task=search&ghost=&search_text=You+really+do+need+to+get+into+the+mindset+of+a+Redditor+
>>
>>71987072
Nigga u mad af
>>
>>71987072
i like gorillaz because their music sound good to my ears :)
>>
>>71987072
>this amount of autism/highschool level armchair psychology
saged
>>
Lmao or maybe most people don't care if the music they're listening to is obscure. And maybe it's because people just like the music...but no, you're right, it's because they're all morons who don't understand "real" artistry.

Fuck out of here with your elitist pseudo-intelect
>>
>>71987099
ignorance isn't monopolized by middle schoolers. there are people who pride themselves on eclectic taste and claim their favorite genre as classic rock.
>>
File: upvoted_logo_1400.png (301KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
upvoted_logo_1400.png
301KB, 1400x1400px
>>71987100
>>71987107
>>71987125
>>71987132
>>71987156
>>
The irony is that Gorillaz was made as a vehicle to "get kids into other types of music" but now the only fans of Gorillaz are the same 20 yr olds who started listening to them and never grew out of them
And those people only listen to shit like Gorilaz

It fails on a fundamental level since the people who need some kind of push to get into other genres or expand their taste are retarded an don't give a shit about music just how its presented to them

If you're above the age of 20 and a fan of Gorillaz you're not a fan of music
>>
i am a retarded fucking. please rape my face
>>
>>71987181
haha wow what an epic comeback
you sure showed us anon haha :)
>>
>>71987223
Downvoted
>>71987241
Upvoted
>>
>>71987072
Great fucking copy paste mate. Also listen to what you want too, who gives a FUCK if some man children don't like what you listen too.
>>
>>71987072
Or you know... they have some legitimately good songs, and you're just an autist?
Anyways nice pasta. Gonna steal it for other bands.
>>
>>71987343
>>71987420
Upvoted
>>
>>71987343
>listens to kids music
>calls others manchildren
>>
>>71987072
Man it's just some fun music that you can play any time
I don't get how that makes it reddit-core, I learned about it through a friend of mine who never even has heard of reddit back in 2005 a few months after it came out
>>
>>71987223
cool post.
>>
>>71987495
downvoted
>>71987544
upvoted
>>
File: IMG_0690.png (397KB, 1125x2001px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0690.png
397KB, 1125x2001px
Is this a Gorillaz thread?

New song coming tomorrow.
>>
>>71987072
I regret creating this pasta
>>
>>71987764
Upvoted
>>
>>71987603
>how DARE you not take music seriously! You must only listen to THE most avant garde, underground, and counter-cultural albums you can find!
Fuck off and allow people to let loose every once in a while no matter how they do it
>>
>STOP LISTENING TO SOMETHING I DONT LIKE REEEE
>IF YOU LIKE THIS BAND YOURE JUST SOMEONE THAT BROWSES A WEBSITE

God forbid people listen to music.
Never understood /mu/ hatred for Gorillaz probably because it isn't some shit indie band that sells 10,000 copies.
Or perhaps they're like /v/ where anything popular is a bag of shit. Who knows.
>>
>>71987885
Hey scaruffi don't you have a child wife to take care of
>>
>>71987885
Good comeback.
>>
>>71987832
Tragic
>>
>>71987885
Spoken like a true cuck.
>>
What's wrong with reddit?
>>
>>71987125
This.
/thread
>>
>I like this band
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Really makes you think
>>
File: 2017-03-25 02.15.10.png (193KB, 546x546px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-25 02.15.10.png
193KB, 546x546px
>>71987125
>>71988071
Dude it just sounds good to my ears haha :)
>10 seconds after
>>71987832
>>71987794
DOWNVOTED I BET YOU LIKE TRYHARD POSEUR SHIT YOU CONTRARIAN FUCK

Nice double standarts you've got there redditors
>>
>>71988619
Literally a /mu/fag
>>
>You really do need to get into the mindset of a Redditor to understand why this band is so popular
When I was 9 the kids in my class were crazy about this shit band, pretty sure Reddit didn't exist for at least 7 more years.
>>
>>71988885
It's just /mu/ being fags because it's popular with everyone. They're literally /v/ of music
>>
>>71987072
Why do you care so much? If you don't like it don't pay attention. Move on, do something else
>>
>>71989323
Because people enjoying something is alien to most people on 4chan. If you enjoy something you're immediately a redditor. The whole of 4chan is literally no fun allowed.
>>
I actually agree.
>>
As a copypasta, i r8 8/8 gr8 work m8
As an opinion, i'd like to remind you that the idea that everyone is special is a bullshit fix for bullying because the truth is that some people shouldn't have been born
>>
>>71989354
Yes no fun is allowed here fuck off to reddit. If you consider circlejerking to a shitty gimmick band and making 20 threads about it everyday fun I'd prefer you to have that fun elsewhere
>>71989697
>r8 8/8 gr8 work m8
Even calling you a redditor would be a compliment
Fresh off the 9gag boat I presume?
>>
>>71989979
You literally proved my point.

Good job.
>>
>>71990487
Fuck off
Back to
Reddit
>>
>>71990630
Still proving my point.
>>
>>71990689
>I like eating shit and I find it fun
>4chan doesnt find eating shit fun wtf no fun allowed

Wow such a nice and universally acceptable point
>>
>>71990748
>It's shit because I say so.

So literally no fun allowed.
>STOP LIKING WHAT I DONT LIKE REEEEEEEEEEEE

Again you're just proving all my points fag.
>>
File: 71782030.jpg (9KB, 368x158px) Image search: [Google]
71782030.jpg
9KB, 368x158px
>>71991030
Your whole "point" is that 4chan isn't fun because people here dont share the same idea of fun with you.
Your idea of fun is not objective and repeating yourself over and over and saying that I somehow prove your points wont change this.
Are you retarded?
>>
How are y'all gonna react when you hear the lyric

"Obama is gone now who's there to save us
They say the devil's at work and Trump is calling favors"

in a Gorillaz song
>>
>>71987247
>>
>>71991317
>>
>>71987072
Thanks for some new pasta
>>
>>71987072
Pasta and all but you should really reconsider your life if you're over 15 and still like Gorillaz
>>
>>71991798
M8 most people 15 and under wasn't born when Gorillaz formed.
>>
File: IMG_0538.png (92KB, 264x228px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0538.png
92KB, 264x228px
>this thread
Stay salty
>>
>>71992534
See >>71991634
>>71991317
>>71987247
>>
I know I'm retarded, don't need some other retard reminding me
>>
>>71987072
>>71987072
>Band forms before both leddit and 4chan are created
>4 albums (not counting The Fall and G/D-Sides) over 16 years
>The first 3 albums are classics, the 4th has some ok singles but I'll reserve judgement until hearing it as a whole
>faggots on /mu/ cry reddit whenever it's brought up

what the fuck do you guys even mean when you call something plebbit? I've never seen anyone who's called a band or album that actually explain what being plebbit is and what makes the band/album plebbit

come to think of it why did OP even make this thread? what does he get out of writing 3 paragraphs that sound like they're taken straight from a neckbeards diary with no opening for discussion at all?

literally plebbit: the thread
>>
>>71992993
/mu/ hates anything popular. Much like /v/.
>>
>>71987794
>extremes
>point over head

how's high school?
>>
>>71988619
>he thinks those are the same people
i bet that strawman would burn real nice
>>
>>71992993
implying reddit mentality didn't exist before reddit ;^)

riddle me this, fagtron - how would leddit be created if the type of thinking we how associate with leddit didn't exist in the first place ;^) ?
>>
Why don't posts like this ever take specific examples and features from songs to back up their points?
It seems like the original writer of this post put some time and effort into writing this, but they've just made a few vague, unsubstantiated critiques about the music and spent the rest of the post bitching about Redditors. Like, is this supposed to be ironic or something?
>>
>>71993328
Yes it's supposed to be ironic.
>>
This is just a variation of an pasta from /tv/ about Rick And Morty.
You are arguing with no one.
>>
>>71993479
You really do need to get into the mindset of a Redditor normie to understand why this show is so popular.
These people have never heard of adult animation in their lifes that wasn't stuff like Family Guy, it was completely alien to them. And they can't laugh at these shows because they consider these shows stupid. They want a show that isn't necessarily smart or funny or well-written, but that appears to be to appeal to their surface-level taste. Because these people live for that mindless self-validation. They don't actually understand what makes for good writing or good comedy, nor have they ever picked a book about physics. They want to pretend they do so and circlejerk themselves, that's what matters.
Rick and Morty is just perfect for its demographic: these same college-age self-important Bernouts who "fucking love science". The entire foundation of the show is built upon the dichotomy between "silly sci-fi humor and references" and " things are super deep and tragic bro". This pseudo-intellectual "nothing even matters, I'm insecure about existence, we are all going to die" bullshit that R&M shits out in almost every episode is what appeals to it's audience. The show doesn't actually have the tact to even begin to offer an interesting presentation and discussion of any philosophy, so it spouts these edgy teenage catchphrases.
Nevermind the bean-headed, noodle-limbed unexpressive character design, or how the story is non-existent and only comes up when the writers beg you to feel something for these characters so devoid of substance, or how the entire show is a trendy forgettable scenario of the week memefest with just enough sci-fi references to trick normies into thinking they are smart for understanding them, or how the characters have somehow been reduced to even more obnoxious caricatures than before, none of these things matter.
What matters is that it appeals to the millenial redditor audience, and that's what's selling Rick and Morty.
>>
>>71993479
>>71993579

https://archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/76984424/
>>
>>71987072
>>71993579
I'd be baffled if you redditors could prove these wrong
>>
>>71987544
>just some fun music
>can be played any time
>doesnt get how thats bad

Fucking plebs ruining this board
>>
>>71993479
>Nevermind the bean-headed, noodle-limbed unexpressive production
I was wondering what the fuck that line was about...
>>
>>71991278
Still proving my point.
>>
File: DamienJurado0813_2703.jpg (93KB, 379x446px) Image search: [Google]
DamienJurado0813_2703.jpg
93KB, 379x446px
>>71987072
I don't enjoy their music or what they represent
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.