[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished listening to this, liked it a lot tbqhf. Why does

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 51+-+oQ3piL.jpg (50KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
51+-+oQ3piL.jpg
50KB, 500x500px
Just finished listening to this, liked it a lot tbqhf. Why does /mu/ dislike Beach House so much?
>>
>>71983309
Beach House is hated cause it's literally ''stick to the formula'' the band
>>
Anything that gains wide appeal must be inherently bad. They were loved five years ago.
>>
>>71983320
I agree but their first 3 albums are great. They've become much more glossy imo bloom they perfected it and it's all downhill from there. Both Depression Cherry and TYLS were stale
>>
>>71983309
Most of /mu/ doesn't hate Beach House

But some of their philosophy and approach to music is a bit retarded. Like Victoria saying that she hates bands that change their sound over the course of their career, and like >>71983320
said, their approach is literally "Stick to the formula"

Except for Devotion pretty much all their albums are interchangeable. Not that they're not good. They're just all the same stuff. Everytime i listen to Teen Dream i think about how i'd rather be listening to Bloom instead, because it's the same music, just with a bit better production.
>>
>>71983320
But when you listen to them enough you can actually start to tell the intricacies involved with each individual album as a whole collective.
>>
>>71983322
>>71983341
>>71983352
Anyone that actually listens to Beach House might as well just put on some Smashing Pumpkins and pretend to be depressed. Highschool isn't easy for everyone, faggots.
>>
>>71983383
Good contribution, very germane
>>
>>71983408
Grow up and listen to Picture You Staring, kiddo.
>>
>>71983433
I like tops but don't see your point.
>>
>>71983442
You wouldn't...
>>>/r/eddit
>>
Kinda feel like the first two BH records you hear are the ones that stick with you. I like Depression Cherry and Bloom but most BH fans dislike Depression Cherry.

Other bands make me excited to dig into their discography but Beach house was a shallow and enjoyable time. They're like Xiu Xiu from an alternate hyper-normie universe.
>>
>>71983360
What?
>>
>>71983450
Enlightening convo
>>
File: Beach House.jpg (53KB, 480x472px) Image search: [Google]
Beach House.jpg
53KB, 480x472px
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.