[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFo BbNHvOME I cried. How is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: [email protected] (636KB, 1050x700px) Image search: [Google]
Buckethead-@-Neptune-9-15-12-dandiculous-pics-Dan-Rogers-7.jpg
636KB, 1050x700px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFoBbNHvOME
I cried. How is any human being capable of being so intimate with an instrument? How is any human so capable of expressing raw emotion through a tool? It literally baffles me
>>
he has to compensate for being unable to display facial expressions the normal human tool for emotional display
>>
>>71980248
he never got laid
>>
>>71980287
Far as I can tell the mask and outfit are intended as a sort of "non-persona". It's a completely neutral, unrelatable character that detaches the music from himself to stand up on its own.
>>
>>71980327
then why can't I stop thinking of the music as

>muh occult halloween shred-time ironic quirky bucket maymay

?

I dunno, something to me strikes me as odd when an ""artist"" keeps up the same gimmick for too long. like c'mon. develop a little past the bucket meme jesus. yes you can shred. congrats. but EVOLVE
>>
Given his output, i doubt he does anythign besides play
>>
>>71980404
If you judge his music based on the fact that he wears a mask then there's something wrong with your brain.
>>
>>71980404
>then why can't I stop thinking of the music as
>>muh occult halloween shred-time ironic quirky bucket maymay
because youre a dummy
>>
>>71980248
Can somebody give me a quick rundown?
>>
>>71980650
that's the thing though. he's wearing it on stage. how can you NOT factor it in?

I just take the gimmick a little odd to be applied to music. music is about human emotion. to say the mask somehow frees the music does not equate in my mind......its a party trick and an attempt at a persona. like any artist.

>>71980692
its also the material itself. the video posted is a VERY INDULGENT piece. not very interesting aside from the flurries of notes from the fretboard. which in itself I take issue with.

>muh shred

never impressed me. I can respect his intonation and clarity, but.........still a party trick occult man.

take off the mask
>>
>>71980752
He probably has stage fright and can only focus on his playing if he can eliminate the idea of the audience looking at him. The mask is like a security blanket to him. You know he's probably autistic, right?

His artistry is manipulating sound, not creating an image. The image is just a byproduct.
>>
But the mask is completely neutral. It's white and expressionless. The KFC bucket, how is that supposed to relate to music? It's not Daft Punk, the persona is supposed to detach completely from the music and it gives it no context like a traditional performer would which is the point. When I listen to the music there's no association to a character or persona.

Yeah the dude is scarily good at playing. Literally every note is the tone and intonation he intends. He even plays with noise like scraping and feedback the way he wants, he's as intimate with a guitar as anyone could hope to be so what's the problem?
>>
>>71980702
>Malmsteen bows to Buckethead
>In contact with chickens
>Possess psychic-like abilities
>Control Bucketheadland with an iron but fair fist
>Own chicken coops & theme parks globally
>Direct descendant of ancient royal blood line
>Will bankroll the first cities on Mars (Bucketgrad will be be the first city)
>Own 99% of chicken research facilities on Earth
>First designer chickens will in all likelihood be Buckethead babies
>said to shred at 215 notes per second, such wide range of styles and skill has never existed before on Earth
>Ancient KFC scriptures tell of an angel who will descend upon Earth and will bring an era of enlightenment and unprecedented musical progress with them
>He owns bucketbot R&D labs around the world
>You likely have bucketbots inside you right now
>Buckethead is in regular communication with the Archangels Michael and Gabriel, forwarding the word of God to the Orthodox Church. Who do you think set up the meeting between the pope & the Orthodox high command (First meeting between the two organisations in over 1000 years) and arranged the Orthodox leader’s first trip to Antarctica in history literally a few days later to the Buckethead bunker in Wilkes land?
>He learned fluent sweeping in under an hour
>Nation states entrust their gold reserves with Buckethead. There’s no gold in Ft. Knox, only in Bucketheadland
>The big red phone in the Kremlin is a direct line to Bucketheadland
>The last person who missed a call was Jimi Hendrix. He overdosed on barbiturates and killed himself out of fear.
>He is about 5 decades old, from the space-time reference point of the base human currently accepted by our society
>In reality, he is a timeless being existing in all points of time and space from the big bang to the end of the universe. We don’t know his ultimate plans yet. We hope he is a benevolent being.
>>
I've always wondered if KFC endorsed buckethead at some point. I notice he doesn't always have the logo on his bucket.
>>
>>71980248
>vapourwave in the background
>>
File: buckethead.jpg (73KB, 1024x751px) Image search: [Google]
buckethead.jpg
73KB, 1024x751px
>>71980834
>>
>>71980999
Ahahahah holy fuck he looks like he's about 12
>>
>>71980834

the overarching themes of his albums relate slaughterhouses, "bucketheadland" "twisterland", :cuckoo clocks from hell, "Gepetto's trunk", "Wall to wall cobwebs" "creaky doors and creaky floors" "the otherside of the dark" "rotten candy cane"........the list goes on.

the guy is goosebumps in a guitarist.

>>71980909
its expressionless but its still HALLOWEEN...its still the freak show circus vibe. mike myers.

he loves halloween and carnival rides and amusement park nightmare land.....

its just the whole ethos. the guy is literally a shredmaster from the 80's who fell into a goosebumps book and has been churning out so-so material for ages.

just a traveling circus act. not to me a serious artist. a technician yes.

but the ethos and general occult freak show "OOH SCARY" vibe I grew out of around the age of 11. horror types are always obsessed. not my bag
>>
File: swallow the bucketpill.png (20KB, 117x150px) Image search: [Google]
swallow the bucketpill.png
20KB, 117x150px
>>71980987
>>
>>71980248
this is just generic prog tho, what's the big deal?
>>
>>71980248
1st half good
2nd half too deedley deedley
>>
>>71981020
That's because that's not Buckethead.
>>
>>71980248
Jesus Christ, dude.

I enjoy Buckethead, but this isn't the most emotional thing ever friend. Calm down. It's a great song, though, one of his best.
>>
My friend and I went through a phase where we would get stoned and watch this all the time. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMrYSTzqFI8 this too) That was half a decade ago but this is still pretty cool. The guy is great at guitar and has a good ear for melodies and improvisation, even though his ideas of what looks cool or interesting are pretty outdated or outright bad.

I still remember playing this on Guitar Hero and having a fucking blast trying to FC it. Good song
>>
>>71980248
i remember when i was 13
>>
>>71980752
there's absolutely nothing wrong with being indulgent as an artist

and topkek if you actually thinking shredding is just a party trick. that's why he makes a milions off of his music and you're posting on /mu/

and while yes it is just a persona i dont think you understand he actually LIVES this persona all the time. its not just for the music and such

>>71981024
he's just doing what he likes which is halloween-y stuff, why do you dislike that so much. and its just the song/album names, there are no lyrics. so who gives a flying fuck, its about the music not anything else like song/album names, personality, or whatever

>>71980999
thats not buckethead dipshit, theres only like a few pictures of him unmasked, all of them long ago when he was young
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.