[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on Revolution 9 Random bullshit like everyone says

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_9375.jpg (91KB, 395x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9375.jpg
91KB, 395x500px
Redpill me on Revolution 9

Random bullshit like everyone says or does it have deeper meaning for you?

Anyone here actually get enjoyment out of this piece of music? Im looking at you merbow, musique concrete, etc people
>>
it's the story of Paul's life told in bits and pieces of sourced loops
or so i've been told
>>
I have no idea about any deeper story or commentary I just like the way it sounds
>>
>>71978923
it has a unique atmosphere and i appreciate that
>>
>>71979009
Actually it was about political struggles or revolution and was supposed to simulate the horrors of war. Also the number 9 was just an eq test or something and they just added that in
>>
I'm pretty certain that it's just John and Yoko messing around.

Actually, I recently saw a very in depth look at the White Album and in a definitely unexpected explanation it turns out that the basis for Revolution came from a very loose and joking take of Revolution 1. The band was just fucking around with the song Revolution 1 and Yoko came onto one of the mics and there were other people in the studio all having fun and messing around. John and Yoko then spent some time in the studio playing around and manipulating the recording and adding all sorts of messed up things. Though it was perhaps the first sound collage or popularized the 'style' it appears to have been born out of a joke.
>>
>>71978923
The Beatles where the Miley Ray Cyrus of their day.

(not kidding)
>>
>>71979823
>perhaps the first sound collage

it wasn't
>>
Didn't Manson cite it as the reason he thought a race war was coming?
>>
>>71979874
That's the official story
>>
>>71979823
>perhaps the first sound collage

Musique concrete existed for years

fucking pleb
>>
>>71979853
>it wasn't
OK, then why don't you tell us what was. I'm curious. Don't leave us hanging.
>>
>>71979929
see: pierre schaeffer
>>
>>71979929
>>71979823
>its a poptimist is dumb and doesn't realize the French invented sound collages in the 50's episode
>>
>>71979929
You could even say Mozart.

Beatles is some fake ass shit. See: >>71979841
>>
It inspired Manson to try and race war and that's all I need in life
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.