[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unpopular opinions thread. I like this album more than 36 chambers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: wuforever310514.jpg (226KB, 998x1000px) Image search: [Google]
wuforever310514.jpg
226KB, 998x1000px
Unpopular opinions thread. I like this album more than 36 chambers and consider it their best.
>>
File: 145232823942323.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
145232823942323.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
>>71961879
I think Hunky Dory is very overrated, and is a facade of having popular, yet "good" songs
>>
My drummer friend doesn't like Hendrix. But Mitch Mitchell's on drums though.
>>
>>71961879
5/10 album. 36 chambers on the other have is at least 9/10.
>>
>>71962506
Its ok to be wrong sometimes. Every MC in the clan improved on Forever.
>>
>Siamese Dream is one of the most overrated albums of all time, it's like 6/10 at best.

>Wildflower was completely unlistenable outside of a few songs.

>Childish Gambino has done literally nothing noteworthy and doesn't deserve the attention he gets.
>>
>>71961997
Half of that album is complete shit and filler.
>>
>>71961879
Yikes
>>
>>71962692
I'd like to know what your 3 most underrated albums of all time are as we share musical tastes
>>
Wish You Were Here=Meddle > The Wall > Dark Side of the Moon
>>
File: Rocket to Russia.jpg (123KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Rocket to Russia.jpg
123KB, 600x600px
This album isn't very good. Road to Ruin is the superior Ramones album and even that one doesn't blow me away

Ramones are overrated is what I'm getting at basically
>>
>>71961879
It's a fantastic album, extremely impressive for both a follow up to such a classic (as well as a string of classic solo albums) and being a double album.

IMO it's hard to compare the two as they're so different. Though that's actually a big positive for me as it truly sounds like the start of a new era for them. I guess I have to say I think the second disc drags a bit but not to such an extent that it damages the album too badly. However you could easily edit it into a god-tier single album.

All this to say, I guess I prefer 36 Chambers but can't fault anyone who prefers Wu-Tang Forever.
>>
>>71962555
trips confirms
>>
>>71964488
It's easy to call The Ramones overrated when we grew up in a world filled with bands like Green Day, Offspring, Blink and other normie core "punk rock".

Imagine actually being a kid in the 70s and hearing generic Hard Rock, country/western, overblown Prog Rock and shitty Blooz Rock bands. Then suddenly this weird little band appears playing simple Rock and Roll tunes really fast and to the point. No frills, no bullshit, just straight and to the point. It must have been so refreshing. I try to put myself in that mindset but I can only imagine really
>>
>>71964473
add Animals before Dark Side and this is correct
>>
Radiohead is overrated

OK Computer is a decent album but vastly overrated

Kid A is better but still overrated
>>
>>71964585
I love Radiohead, but given how their fanbase is a borderline cult, I'd have to agree with you.
>>
>>71964571
I totally understand that but I don't think that necessarily makes them good. The other massive names in 70's punk like The Clash and even
>The Sex Pistols
Are much better.
>>
File: The_Killers_-_Sam's_Town.png (122KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
The_Killers_-_Sam's_Town.png
122KB, 300x300px
>>71961879
The Killers are a great band, and Sam's Town is one of the best albums of the 2000's
>>
>>71964613
If you mean they're weren't good as far you don't like them, well there's no accounting for subjective taste obviously.

But if you just mean they kinda suck and weren't talented, well I would say that was kind of the point. Although they were actually a pretty tight band and did what they did very well.

IMO The Ramones are ground zero for the Punk Rock sound. The Pistols had the attitude and the look and The Clash had the lyrics and serious message. But when listening to various Punk Rock bands from the early 80s to today I tend to hear echoes of The Ramones more than anyone.
>>
>>71964596
I can respect that you love them. I think they sometimes hit the right notes for me, and I can enjoy plenty of their music. I just hate when their fans imply that it's some hyper-intellectual stuff and I can't "understand" what they're doing. That they are some uber-experimental music, when they are really a rock band that indeed experiments, but not to the level their fans say they do. It's very accessible. Not that I have a problem with that.
>>
>>71964708
Oh yeah, Ramones are a massive influence on punk and I'm not going to deny that. I just think that compared to their contemporaries they don't even come close.

Like, I get the appeal of incredibly dumbed-down lyrics and song structures, especially in the era of cock rock. But it just gets so old so fast, not to mention that no one seemed to know how to produce them until Road to Ruin. The self-titled and Rocket to Russia both sound so bad, and no amount of remastering seems to fix that.

It is fair to say that I'm just looking at it through a modern lens, though.
>>
>>71964755
What punk contemporaries of Ramones do you like compared to them?
>>
>>71964736
To me they hit the perfect middle point of being simple to understand while being complex enough to stay interesting. Mad respect for their accomplishments and influence, but they're not the second coming of christ either.
>>
>>71964755
Fair enough. I will definitely agree they were the most simplistic of those early bands. And that a lot of their music can be pretty samey after a while. Though I would argue they have a decent amount of diversity in their catalog with stuff like End of the Century and Subterranean Jungle.
>>
>>71964771
The Clash and the Sex Pistols namely. I admit to not exactly being a punk connoisseur.
>>
>>71964838
>I will definitely agree they were the most simplistic of those early bands.

I wouldn't even go that far m8. The Sex Pistols had a pretty straight forward Blues tinged Hard Rock sound for the time. It was mainly the vocals that made them so extreme.

The Ramones whole style was completely original and weird as hell. I guarantee it would be harder to replicate Johnny Ramone's guitar playing than Steve Jones'.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.