[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Give peace a chance" >Proceeds to beat wife What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: john-lennon.jpg (96KB, 1015x1014px) Image search: [Google]
john-lennon.jpg
96KB, 1015x1014px
>Give peace a chance"
>Proceeds to beat wife

What did he mean by this, /mu/?
>>
>>71954635
2 b fair he said it after he knocked her
>>
youre such a hypocrite its kinda sick
>>
Somehow peace in war is equivalent to assaulting someone
>>
I think it's weird that we've become so obsessed as a society with spotting and shaming hypocrites. A hypocrite is literally the worst thing you can be, also it's something that virtually everyone is to differing extents.

>says it's important for weight manage to eat healthy and exercise
>eats fast food probably more than he should and doesn't exercise regularly

--this is half the people I know

>says it's important to tip well
>doesn't always tip well

>says it's important to be polite and kind
>is often inconsiderate and stubborn

>thinks it's important to floss
>doesn't floss

>wants a significant other who takes care of themselves and keeps at least their ass and armpits clean
>doesn't even always wipe to completion

>gets mad when roommate leaves dirty dishes
>sometimes leaves dirty dishes

--this is like the whole human race right here. Literally everyone is a hypoocrite, sometimes. If there's three things that unite us all as a species, it's:

1) our shared general hypocrisy
2) our universal loathing of hypocrisy
3) the shared hypocrisy of a society that ruthlessly punishes hypocrisy despite being itself composed entirely of various kinds of hypocrites

I forgive John Lennon for being a hypocrite, is all I'm saying. I'm a hypocrite, too. "Give peace a chance" means the same thing whether it's said by a hypocrite or some magical completely unhypocritical person who in all likelihood doesn't exist.
>>
>>71954812
when people start offering suggestive platitudes, they're really just talking to themselves

start appending "i should" or "i ought to" or "it would be better for me if i did" or whatever kind of grammatical quickfix makes sense to everything people say and things make more sense (you might have to remove the original subject)
>>
>>71954812
sounds like something freud would call wish fulfillment
do you know in Ashes of American Flags by Wilco
>all my lies are always wishes
i think we get mad at hypocrites when they aren't fully self-aware of their hypocrisy. You are right to say that most everyone is a hypocrite but few realize exactly what they are
>>
"Give peace a chance"
Duh, to sell records to hippies and the acid fried.
>>
>John: 'Bout time I beat your untalented, good-for-nothing ass.
>Yoko: Ono.

What did they mean by this??
>>
>>71954635
http://www.theonion.com/article/man-always-gets-little-rush-out-telling-people-joh-53190
>>
Julian Lennon,
"I've never really wanted to know the truth about how dad was with me. There was some very negative stuff talked about me ... like when he said I'd come out of a whiskey bottle on a Saturday night. Stuff like that. You think, where's the love in that? Paul and I used to hang about quite a bit ... more than Dad and I did. We had a great friendship going and there seems to be far more pictures of me and Paul playing together at that age than there are pictures of me and my dad."
>>
>>71954635
He obviously means peace between nations you dip.
>>
File: yok.png (175KB, 509x422px) Image search: [Google]
yok.png
175KB, 509x422px
>>71954996
>John: 'Bout time I beat your untalented, good-for-nothing ass.
>Yoko: *avant-garde yodeling*
>>
File: Chris Brown.jpg (122KB, 1100x619px) Image search: [Google]
Chris Brown.jpg
122KB, 1100x619px
"Did I get a pass?"
>>
File: 1486405006478.png (313KB, 602x598px) Image search: [Google]
1486405006478.png
313KB, 602x598px
>>71954996
>>
why is it that whenever lennon is discussed nowadays there's always someone thats quick to be bring up "yeah b-but he was an asshole and he beat women!". Is that supposed to somehow discredit his message and musical achievements?
>>
>>71954812
It's important to eat well. Recognizing it while not applying it is not hypocrisy, and it's already a step in the good direction. You know what breaks societies? Puritans who run around, trying to find "fake believers" and "hypocrites" because they are so autistic they can't understand you might want something while not having the means to do so/knowing how to do so.
>>
>>71955210
yeah actually
>>
File: 1468064857941.png (1MB, 1204x1204px) Image search: [Google]
1468064857941.png
1MB, 1204x1204px
>>71954635
>Give peace a chance
>Realize it doesn't work
>Realize that if you are doing anything significant you will have detractors
>>
>>71954812
>doesn't even always wipe to completion

Please tell me no one fucking does this. I am so disgusted by the thought that people I know could be walking around with shit on their ass.

I am actually so fucking OCD about this, I'll wipe multiple times even after I get a clean paper just to make sure. I've even torn my asshole once because I wipe too vigorously. Not joking.
>>
>>71955210
because lennon is unpopular here already,
nobody discredits miles davis for his treatment of women
>>
>>71955255
This is exactly whats wrong with modern musical criticism. Kindly stop being a faggot please
Also everyone knows its the only real way to keep women in line
>>
>>71954812
The most important thing is to know when you are being a hypocrite, and understand it is a part of you. Better than blatantly ignoring or denying it.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.