[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>goes back and listens to this out of nostalgia because of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 2004 - Leviathan.jpg (105KB, 770x770px) Image search: [Google]
2004 - Leviathan.jpg
105KB, 770x770px
>goes back and listens to this out of nostalgia because of all the mastodon threads
>it still holds up

how on earth can anyone defend 2010's mastodon when they made albums like this and crack the skye
>>
>>71938586
Say what you will about their newer stuff but Jaguar God is one of their GOAT tracks
>>
I mean obviously the first four albums are their best, no shit. But the 2010's albums aren't without redeeming qualities, and EoS is easily the best thing they've done since Crack the Skye.
>>
recently listened to Leviathan as well. It's a great album.

Emperor of Sand is better.
>>
>Remission - 8/10
>Leviathan - 8/10
>Blood Mountain - 8/10
>Crack the Skye - 8/10
>The Hunter - 9/10
>Once More Round the Sun - 3/10
>Emperor of Sand - 4 or 5/10
My taste is out of wack
>>
Just stopping in to say that Live at the Aragon is one of the worst albums I've ever heard in my life

Hope you enjoyed my blog
>>
>>71940455
not heard it but Mastodon are a notoriously terrible live band
>>
Just wish they'd go back to the sludge sound, but I think they "grew out" of it.
>>
the hunter would've been improved so much if it didn't have that sickly poppy production
>>
>>71940509
The drums sound fucking great on The Hunter
>>
>>71940601
they sound alright but the low end pops out way too much for my liking and everything feels way too forward, it's all personal preference in the end though. still love the album as a whole
>>
I remember when Crack the Skye came out. A lot of People said it wasn't that good. But i guess grew on people. That was they're first introduction into lightning up their sound so I get it. Then a couple albums later people want them to go back to that sound. Funny how things change

I absolutely love that album. All classics up to crack the skye and great material afterwards.
>>
>>71940438
>Remission - 8/10
>Leviathan - 8/10
>Blood Mountain - 7/10
>Crack the Skye - 8/10
>The Hunter - 6/10
>Once More Round the Sun - 7.5/10
>Emperor of Sand - 4/10
>>
i only care about the first two albums
>>
>>71938586
new album is very good
the best of the sort of arena rock-meets-sludgy prog they've done so far
it ain't no crack the skye/leviathan but the best metal album i've heard this year
>>
Worst band I have ever heard live. Total fucking mess.
>>
>>71938660
I hated their new direction to commercial radio rock when it came out but damn they're catchy and even Show Yourself got stuck in my head

now I like stuff Curl of the Burl

/my blog post
>>
I saw them live during the hunter tour and thought they sounded great, they nailed their songs. Are they normally really bad?

But they never talk to the crowd, just song after song which was weird.
>>
>>71938586
Nobody on /mu/ defends post Crack the Skye Mastodon.
>>
>>71938586
Why listen to Mastodon when you can listen to ISIS
>>
CtS = Leviathan > Blood Mountain > Remission = CotM > Drybone Valley >>>>>> everything else

fuck off
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.