[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a music conservatory graduate. I spent years analyzing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 3

File: muhdeadwife.jpg (219KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
muhdeadwife.jpg
219KB, 1200x1200px
I'm a music conservatory graduate. I spent years analyzing music for grades, so when I come across something that's garbage, I know. Phil Elverum albums have the melodic complexity of a train horn (actually less; train horns often are tuned to a tritone, which seem to be absent in their music) and the lyrical complexity barely goes beyond a 3rd grade vocabulary. Not only is this music intended for ignorant audiences, it's intended to provoke ignorant young people to sleep in their beds all day and cry over their imaginary dead wife. How's that for an unpopular opinion?
>>
good meme
>>
obvious pasta but true
>>
that's 95% of popular music for ya
>>
File: Fuck.gif (964KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck.gif
964KB, 500x250px
The end of My Chasm is haunting me
>>
>>71930766
Cool, hows that job of yours going?
>>
>>71930766
unironically agree

i gave it only a 1/5 over 0.5 because at least it's short

compared to speedin bullet 2 heaven which is garbage and long
>>
Why did he murder his wife to make a quick buck? Or was she unfaithful and is just regretting it?
either way he can't get away with it
>>
>>71930859
His voice cracking kills me.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OUSoSTaLRkI

superior crowcore
>>
>>71931082
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ySGtniX4QrU

When the crowd fly by in this you'll take that back
>>
This album just feels too exploitative to me 2bh
>>
>>71930766
I'm a rapper. Got a lot of things to do during the day. So something like being beaten with a club, pepper sprayed, and tazed for expressing my political views would really slow me down. And that's why I carry the ACLU card. It's the only card that lets my gay friends marry the hell out of each other. The card that says, 'Hey girl, it's your vagina. And you should be able to do what you want with it.' The card that lets me call the president a dick on the internet if I wanted to - and I don't want to - but I could. So if you like being free, like me, then get the ACLU card today.
>>
>>71931209
I donated $50 to the aclu.
>>
>>71931225
A Crow Looked at yoU
>>
>>71931225
goober
>>
>>71931256
this desu
>>
>>71931225
unironically good on u tho
>>
>>71931225
What a phony announce it to the world cuck
>>
>>71931225
All his points are now valid
see he's a good goy
>>
>>71931256
>>71931258
>>71931282
>>71931359
Yeah fuck me for caring about my country and the rights of people in it.
>>
>>71931225
see >>71931275
>>
>>71931400
Their activitly trying to destroy it by giving imigrants the same rights as citzens YOU KEK
>>
>>71931453
cuck
>>
>>71931400
this
>>
>>71931501
>>71931426
retarded drones but I suspect its tripfag...pathetic man
>>
>>71931453
>>71931453
>by giving imigrants the same rights as citzens
And what is wrong with that? You can't even spell "Immigrants" and "Citizens" right
>>
>>71931785
In most cases their putting them up in housing that where paying for
do they pay taxes? No
alot of time these special people are also unvetted so who knows if they have a crimnal past
>>
>>71931938
If they do have a criminal past, why does it matter? People fuck up and make bad choices, it doesn't mean that they should be devoid of rights because some hateful dickhead wants them vetted to further and support his hateful agenda.
>>
Fascism just isn't my thing... sorry.
With the upmost respect for the passing of Phil's former wife but the album just... sucks, both artistically and morally. The abandonment of your most cherished privilege in life doesn't ever justify an entirely self serving/sabotaging descent into a meaningless oblivion, how understandable it all might be. In case you're oblivious and/or interested in how an honorable individual deals with a similar occurrence in life, I highly recommend Emma Pollock's album from last year. An incredibly enchanting masterpiece that personifies the vast majority of the most essential human qualities, it's gut wrenching, heart warming, mind blowing, expertly crafted in a period of four years and naturally surpasses Mount Eerie's emotionally perverted pity party on each and every level.
>>
>>71931998
0.5 dollars have been deposited into your account
>>
>>71931998
>Emma Pollock's album from last year
I'll check it out, I listened to "A crow looked at me" because of how depressing the whole situation was. I think it was because I put myself in that situation and thought of how I'd personally deal with something like that. I get what you're saying though.
>>
>>71931973
Where are you from?
Im from massachusetts and in some parts their is pretty much a mexican cartel running rampant in the streets
thats what unvetted immagration will get you
>>
>>71932055
I live in a shitty god forsaken shipbuilding town on the east coast called "Newport News".
>>
>>71930766
but BRO the EMOTIONS
>>
>>71931973
>If they do have a criminal past, why does it matter?
I hope you were trolling.
If they did raped a child, why does it matter?
If they committed a manslaughter, why does it matter?
>People fuck up and make bad choices, it doesn't mean that they should be devoid of rights because some hateful dickhead wants them vetted to further and support his hateful agenda.
Firstly - prisons. Secondly - generalization. Thirdly - why should we treat these people differently then the citizens that committed a crime some time ago? I see no logic in your argument bruh, seriously
>muh open borders policy
Sure. Think of the disadvantages right now. If you won't find any then I'm pretty sure you have lost it.
>>
>>71932074
you reveal way too much about yourself here.
>>
>>71932074
Low icome is different than lawlessness that you get in some countries
why don't you move to mexico and see how you like it
>>
>>71932088
>>If they do have a criminal past, why does it matter?
>I hope you were trolling.
>If they did raped a child, why does it matter?
>If they committed a manslaughter, why does it matter?
First off, did you have a stroke at some point? Second, you're throwing out worst case scenario's in a half ass way to make my argument invalid. What makes you think immigrants from other countries don't deserve rights, or less than what people are born in this country have? It's flat out oppression and hatred of people. I don't see anything wrong with open borders or anything of the like.
>>
>>71932160
Brandon, stop arguing with people on 4chan over retarded shit and go do something productive.
>>
>>71932160
>First off, did you have a stroke at some point?
While reading your stuff I'd might have
>Second, you're throwing out worst case scenario's in a half ass way to make my argument invalid.
Which doesn't make these scenarios wrong by any sort of meaning. Islam's law allows you to marry an eight year old. If that's not pedophilia then I don't know what it is mate.
>What makes you think immigrants from other countries don't deserve rights, or less than what people are born in this country have?
They don't deserve them out of the fucking box for just being "oppressed" by their government. They should work hard to attach to the current society that they are going to be a part of. If they can't meet the standard - kick them out. Simple as that. There shouldn't be a situation in which we welcome everybody with an open arms, patting them on the back, kissing their feet. Because by that they would feel privileged enough to see no boundaries. Look at Germany. Look at Sweden. Need do I go on?
>It's flat out oppression and hatred of people.
And why are you feeling like you are a reasonable voice for them, a male living in the most technologically and economically powered country of the first world? Have you been in Syria, Iraq or Yemen to be a virtue signaling me or anybody here?
>I don't see anything wrong with open borders or anything of the like.
Tell that to every country in the EU who has problem with Muslims. "Open borders" is a fucking gimmick mate, no matter how hard you try you won't ever have it. Ever. Because it's not beneficial for the society, economy or anything like that.
Also, like I've said, I think you've lost it.
Also, what's up with that obsessed Thom Yorke psycho-fan, remember that scenario?
>>
>>71932160
>open borders
you can not be serious
the only reason you can say that on the internet is because of the culture of the US
you have to protect it and bringing all the hordes in will destroy what you enjoy
so assimilation is a must
>>
>>71932160
Te amamos brandon, ,eres el el taco que 4chan necesita <3
>>
we pretty much are at the end of our culture where we start destroying ourselves
>>
>>71932324
>While reading your stuff I'd might have
Because I have an opinion differing from yours.
>Which doesn't make these scenarios wrong by any sort of meaning. Islam's law allows you to marry an eight year old. If that's not pedophilia then I don't know what it is mate.
Where did this come from? And yes, it does make them wrong because you're going for worse case scenario instead of thinking of those charged with petty crime and people with spotless records. You still haven't explained why they don't deserve any rights but have just bounced all over the place with little direction in your argument.
>>It's flat out oppression and hatred of people.
And why are you feeling like you are a reasonable voice for them, a male living in the most technologically and economically powered country of the first world? Have you been in Syria, Iraq or Yemen to be a virtue signaling me or anybody here?
If I did go to syria, iraq, or yemen, I would still have the same opinion I have now. You're trying to say that if I went there I would develop the same bigoted views that you have. It's not going to happen.
>Tell that to every country in the EU who has problem with Muslims. "Open borders" is a fucking gimmick mate, no matter how hard you try you won't ever have it. Ever. Because it's not beneficial for the society, economy or anything like that.
Also, like I've said, I think you've lost it.
Why is that a gimmick? You're showing no information to back that up, How is it not beneficial for society or the economy? Has it slipped your mind that they might introduce more culture into their communities and actually stimulate the economy by being a consumer and supporting local businesses? Have you even give any of this a smidgen of thought?
>>
this image board is for bad people
>>
I'd fuck Brandon tbqh
>>
>>71932464
what is with the parroting of worst case scenario dosnt define everyone meme
if they have nothing to hide then they are welcomed to get in line
>>
>>71932524
What makes you think these immigrants are hiding something and are criminals? You're making these baseless assumptions out of fucking nowhere.
>>
>>71932545
Germany, Sweden

They raped women on the streets mate
They committed acts of terror
They are allowing themselves to rape children

The hell are you talking about? Baseless assumptions my arse.
>>
>>71932576
He doesn't hear about that
he probably has a eco chamber of (((all the right news)))
>>
>>71932576
You can't back pedal now, you were talking about immigrants as a whole coming to the US. I googled "woman raped in street by muslim man sweden germany" and "muslim men raping children sweden germany" and nothing came up from any legitimate news source, the references are the same.
>>
>>71932464
>And yes, it does make them wrong because you're going for worse case scenario instead of thinking of those charged with petty crime and people with spotless records.
Hey these terrorists ain't bad. I mean they did 9/11 and they are destroying the heritage of the Middle East but we can't judge that since they are terrorists that just wants to blow themselves up, right guys?
>If I did go to syria, iraq, or yemen, I would still have the same opinion I have now.
How can be so sure? How about you go and find out? Just don't go on these paid tours. Go there and live with the communities. See how they are living.
>You're trying to say that if I went there I would develop the same bigoted views that you have. It's not going to happen.
Good job. You earn a star for knowing what I want you to do. Except bigoted is a big of a word from the perspective of a few comments. I haven't called you a snowflake so don't make me go on your level too fucking much. Like you've said - we have conflicting views so let's not call our opinions names, shall we?
>How is it not beneficial for society or the economy?
More people to pay, less people to get money from. More people paying for them getting a shelter. And hey, we need to give them money for social, education, healthcare. Oh and also MORE MONEY for them to actually adjust to the norms of the nation that they are coming to. And they just might do that. If they feel like it.
> Has it slipped your mind that they might introduce more culture into their communities
Yeah, marrying children and burkas! Hooray!
>Have you even give any of this a smidgen of thought?
Judging by the number of comments I've wrote to you - I think I had.
>>
>>71932464
stop posting you fat shit
>>
>>71932682
you're a dumbass
>>
>>71932681
I'm not to the guy you're talking to lol.

There are two possible scenarios right now:
1. You either don't want to know this stuff because the pages you went to are filled with right-wing agenda
2. You are denying that this is happening

New Year's Eve sexual assaults in Germany on Wikipedia
Sweden: Rape Capital of the West on gatestoneinstitute dot org
>>
>>71930766
Bad pasta, saw it on a mac demarco thread. 4/10
>>
>>71932733
Right, and your argument being what exactly?
>>
>>71931282
>>71931453
When the government assassination squad comes for you just remember that you disdained the organization that reps your civil liberties.
>>
>>71932682
>Hey these terrorists ain't bad. I mean they did 9/11 and they are destroying the heritage of the Middle East but we can't judge that since they are terrorists that just wants to blow themselves up, right guys?

When did I mention anything about terrorism? You're the one that has brought it up.

>How can be so sure? How about you go and find out? Just don't go on these paid tours. Go there and live with the communities. See how they are living.

I'm saying that if I did, it wouldn't really change my views on immigration . I'm also gathering that you're hung up on immigrants from muslim countries instead of focusing on immigrants from other parts of the world. You're being biased to one group of people.

>More people to pay, less people to get money from. More people paying for them getting a shelter. And hey, we need to give them money for social, education, healthcare. Oh and also MORE MONEY for them to actually adjust to the norms of the nation that they are coming to. And they just might do that. If they feel like it.
So again you're just assuming people are coming here to free load and not try to be a functioning citizen of the USA? You haven't had much of an argument other then saying "this is bad, and these people are bad, and will do bad things because I think they will be bad"

>Yeah, marrying children and burkas! Hooray!
baka

>Judging by the number of comments I've wrote to you - I think I had.
Very little and very misinformed.
>>
>>71932852
>Very little
You know what else is very little?

Your dick.

HOO YA
>>
>>71932852
>You haven't had much of an argument other then saying "this is bad, and these people are bad, and will do bad things because I think they will be bad"
you can't had much of an argument other than "REEEEEEEEEEE"
>>
>>71932869
you're an idiot.

brandon i'd play with your leftist liberal cock bb
>>
>>71932914
:3
>>
>>71930766
nice pasta
>>
>>71932914
>>71932928
I would too, Brandon <3
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nBS6vg4NX78
>tfw open borders
No appreciation for the rights brandon wants to give them
>>
>>71930766
If you were actually a music conservatory graduate you would have learned that arts main function is to convey emotion. Music that is "good" makes you feel the same way the person composing it feels. Complexity is a meme for middle schoolers who like metal music.
>>
>>71932974
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RScj18u_QCM

YOU WILL LOVE SHARIA LAW BELIEVE ME
>>
>>71932974
>>71933166
NOOOO NOOOTT YOUTUBE VIDEOS
YOU'RE SO RIGHT DEATH TO IZLAM!1 9/11 MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP
>>
>open borders
P much don't have a country at that point. Every country in the world, as part of the very nature of their sovereignty, has the duty and right to regulate immigration and take care of their borders. Anyone advocating otherwise is p much arguing for the dissolution of the civil society. And not in any "derrty shitskins b erodin muh country " way, just in the logical order of maintaining a state. Every country knows and does this, no matter the races involved.
>>
>>71933203
You wanted evidence of rapeugees harmfull effects and what better than visual

I can provide you with some rape videos if you like
>>
>>71933342
No thanks, It still won't change my mind.
>>
>>71931256
what did Phil mean by this?
>>
>>71933407
Nothing will because your not using reason
you want to be hip like your favirote musicians nothing what you have to say makes any sense and you incredibly ill informed

dont go completely post modernist and change your gender now
>>
>>71933497
>not using reason
>not folding and adapting my views
Fuck off.
>>
>>71933523
lol how do you have a country with no borders is one thing
>>
>inb4 300+ replies
>>
>>71933523
Also being oppressed is a card most people use to gain power when they can't as a individual for various reasons mainly due to their lack of intrinsic value
>>
why the fuck are /pol/ discussions the only active threads in this shitty fucking board
>>
>>71933626
That is true, but not in all cases.
>>
>>71933626
When do women ever fake being a male online never
its always males faking being a female because theirs value in that
the reason they don't get ahead irl is due to shitty ideas and abilities
>>
>>71930766
This album is the definition of artificial masterpiece
>>
capitalism the album
where nothing is sacred
>>
>>71930854
The pasta was originally about Mozart though wasn't it?
>>
>>71933821
no, it was about hip hop
>>
>>71933844
Oh I thought it was just some /classical/ bait
>>
File: 1485551766079.jpg (220KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1485551766079.jpg
220KB, 1200x900px
>when he denounces Mount Eerie as a naive portrait of the true experience
>>
The fact that so many plebs still name the Phil Everum as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" indie artist ever only tells you how far indie music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Indie critics are still blinded by commercial success. Phil Everum sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Indie critics are often totally ignorant of the indie music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that Phil Everum did anything worthy of being saved. In a sense, Phil everum is emblematic of the status of indie criticism as a whole: too much attention paid to commercial phenomena (be it freak folk or Arcade Fire) and too little to the merits of real musicians. If somebody composes the most divine music but no major label picks him up and sells him around the world, a lot of rock critics will ignore him. If a major label picks up a musician who is as stereotyped as can be but launches her or him worldwide, your average critic will waste rivers of ink on her or him. This is the sad status of indie criticism: indie critics are basically publicists working for major labels, distributors and record stores. They simply highlight what product the music business wants to make money from >>71930766
>>
>>71930766
>Technicality > substance and emotion

Yeah that's a plebian if you've ever heard one

Go listen to Vulfpeck like all the other conservatory fucks
>>
>>71931998
>things need to pass my justification(s) test to be authentic

weird angle
>>
>>71932524
>what's wrong with defining a huge amount of people by a comparatively minuscule number of abhorrent acts

huh
>>
This recent maymaying of Phil really is fucking weird. Please stop.
>>
>>71934213
>minsicule
depends what where talking about
Also their is still a thing called the rule of law that governs a country you know
why can't you vet immigrants?
why is this rascist and unreasonable now?
>>
>>71931998
Just read this review on RYM. it sounds like someone trying too hard to sound worldly and learned. I can't even tell what point this dude is trying to make.
>>
>>71930766
>I'm a faggot, I majored in faggotry, therefore I know how to be a faggot, here I am being a faggot and sucking dick.

That's you.
>>
>>71934268
Yeah. It's weird and honestly makes me feel pretty bad. I'm not one to usually take offense but somehow this gets to me.
>>
>OP hasn't heard any of Phil's other albums
Listen to Sauna, The Glow Pt. 2, and the album Mount Eerie then come back to me.
>>
I'm a /mu/ conservatory graduate. I spent years analyzing opinions for grades, so when I come across something that's garbage, I know. OPs opinions have the critical complexity of a Scaruffi list (actually less; Scaruffi's lists often are reviewed before being posted, which seem to be absent in OPs post) and the complexity barely goes beyond a 3rd grade vocabulary. Not only is this opinion intended for impressionable teenagers, it's intended to provoke ignorant young people to sleep in their beds all day and cry over their arbitrary opinions. How's that for an unpopular opinion?
>>
>>71934318
>what where talking about
is worst case scenarios; that a small number of people with prior record of atrocious crimes is not grounds to condemn the total number of people to whom those wrongdoers "belong"

of course you can vet immigrants, there's nothing unreasonable about that - all (legal) immigrants are vetted
it is unreasonable however to assume a greater likelihood of corruption or criminality based on the actions of a minority
>>
>>71933821
I think it was about The Beatles and the last sentence said something about filling up Marijuana shops
>>
>>71931225
>>71931453
>>71931785
>>71931973
>>71932050
>>71932160
>>71932464
>>71932545
>>71932681
>>71932852
Why don't we see more of this side of Brandon?
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.