[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New to rap/hip-hop, good albums? Broad question so I'll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1490340462158.gif (899KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1490340462158.gif
899KB, 600x600px
New to rap/hip-hop, good albums? Broad question so I'll try to narrow it down.

Fun is probably the top priority in terms of listening. I guess that's pretty subjective though.

Production is also a huge thing for me, if the album is well produced it makes me like it a lot more. Obvious example is Kanye.

Really enjoyed all of Gambino's albums, Kendrick's TPAB, Kayne's MBDTF.

As a side note, I love BADBADNOTGOOD, which might be why I llike TPAB so much. It gives me some of those jazz style hiphop vibes in some of the songs.

"Gangster rap" isn't really my thing, but you could probably tell that by the artists I listed above.

I also really enjoy cohesive albums.
>>
My favorite hip-hop album is Imperial by Denzel Curry, which is really fun but I don't know if you'd like it. Also the Low End Theory by ATCQ, but I bet you've already heard it.
>>
Anything by MF DOOM
Chance the Rapper, he's probably the most fun rapper I've ever heard. Start with Acid Rap
Run the Jewels - RTJ2
>>
>>71920142
I can't really think of any right now, I like classical
>>
>>71920142
The Roots - Things Fall Apart
>>
>tfw you can't tell if OP's post is bait or mu has just made you jaded
>>
>>71920246
Hit up Acid Rap and I can already tell I'm probably going to enjoy it just based off of the intro.

>>71920324
I barely come on this board and I'm trying to expand a bit. More of the stuff I posted is probably cliche "I don't like gangster rap" and shit.

I would love it if I could find more jazz inspired/styled hip-hop.
>>
File: 1489440233549.jpg (116KB, 500x614px) Image search: [Google]
1489440233549.jpg
116KB, 500x614px
back to /r/hiphopheads with you
>>
A Tribe Called Quest and Shabazz Palaces will help you wean off your Gambino dependency
>>
if you really like the jazz fusion stuff, check the roots, flying lotus, tribe called quest, common, shabazz palaces, thundercat
>>
Kanye, Chance, Kendrick Lamar, MF DOOM
>>
>>71920260
Good for you? Why did you feel the need to post this?
>>
>>71920142
Try listening to Anderson .Paak. His recent album is really dope imo and also has that jazz kinda vibe. I'd also suggest hearing everything made by ATCQ. And even tho you dont like "gangsta rap" i'd still suggest my fav album of all time Illmatic by Nas. lemme know what chu think
>>
>>71920142
Paul's Boutique by Beastie Boys has pretty much all of the points you listed
>>
File: paulsboutique_1406487011.jpg (117KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
paulsboutique_1406487011.jpg
117KB, 800x800px
Something fun and not gangster with good production?

Try this.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.