[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"music is my life!"/"i couldnt live without

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: nap.jpg (24KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
nap.jpg
24KB, 300x300px
>"music is my life!"/"i couldnt live without music!"
>has never even touched an instrument
>>
>>71919360
Yeah I met that person, they later had a tantrum and we're held by security so I legged it
>>
>>71919360
I'm not talented enough to learn music. I had band classes for a couple years in middle school but wasn't able to find the buttons/holes on any instrument while looking at the sheet music. It's like how I have to look at the keyboard when I type.

I do enjoy singing though.
>>
>>71919420
So? just play by ear. Thats what i do man
>>
>>71919444
I wasn't even able to play fucking Rock Band. I have terrible hand-eye coordination and can't get my head around the theory of it all.
>>
>>71919360
What if i like field recordings and vaporwave??
>>
>>71919467
practice
pracitice
practice
practice
practice
>>
>>71919491
I'd rather not bother my parents with the constant noise, and I would never dare play in front of other people so it seems as pointless as learning a new language for "fun".
>>
Yeah, I said music is my life. Not musical instruments. Not playing music. Not making music. Just music in general. There are no prerequisites for saying that. I just love listening to music.

Got a problem with that, nerd?
>>
>>71920085
I've always felt that unless you knew how to play an instrument you can only be so serious about music. I would hold the opinion of a top40 listener to could play the guitar higher than a /mu/core listener who couldn't play anything.
>>
File: happyneil.jpg (169KB, 452x368px) Image search: [Google]
happyneil.jpg
169KB, 452x368px
>"music is my life!"/"i couldnt live without music!"
>play 4 instruments and released several EPs and an album so far
>>
>>71920167
why do people feel the need to sit on such a high horse like this? how can you tell someone else how much music means to them based only on your knowledge of them not knowing how to play an instrument? I play instruments and i think others that also do will agree that the feeling of playing and listening to music are really two different things, and some appreciate one more than others. I've seen people that DO play instruments and claim that music is thier life but in reality they only play because its the only skill they have and because it boosts their ego to be better than the next guy. And its clear that these people care less about music than some of my friends who don't play instruments
>>
>>71919491
Doesn't actially work in every case. Some people just don't have the capability.
>>
>>71919360
Change music to movies and instrument to camera
You now realize how retarded you sound.
>>
>>71920453
Everyone who cared deeply about music I've ever met was also a musician. It's like 50 out of 50. I assume most people on this board do. I just couldn't imagine being so obsessed with music like this board seems to be and not wanting to play an instrument. Playing music is a borderline spiritual experience.

I dunno it's like watching the NBA religiously but never playing basketball. Doing something is almost always better than observing it.
>>
>>71920195
i play drums its not a real instrument
>>
>tfw music is only necessary in your life because it drowns the shitty, terrible troughts on your head
>>
>>71920511
Not a good comparison. Playing a song is a little simpler than filming a fucking movie.
>>
>>71920519
Its funny, i always assumed that most people on here didn't play any instruments. but i see what you're saying
>>
>>71919467
I play bass and guitar and suck at Rock Band. It doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>71920543
It's not the difficulty involved that matters. It's just that something can be a huge part of your life even if you're just a consumer. We have enough shitty bandcamp bands already
>>
>>71919467
>>71920580
probably this. I can beat every Guitar Hero song on expert but can't play a single chord on a real guitar
>>
>>71920596
>It's not the difficulty involved that matters
How does it not matter? I mean seriously, defend this statement. I am a big fan of AAA action movies, but it's impossible to recreate at home. I cannot participate. Music, or sports, or even literature, I can EASILY participate in. All of those things I can do from my home. You naturally picked the highest budget art-form ever to illustrate your point while ignoring that most other art forms are low budget or even free.
>>
Not an argument
>>
I have shitty self-esteem and no confidence. No matter how much I practice at something I can only compare myself to people who are better at it than me. I need external approval in order to feel accomplished at anything, and I'm too insecure to risk embarrassing myself by showcasing whatever skills I might have.

Does this sound like a good mindset for learning an instrument?

>>71920671
You're dividing movies into categories while lumping all music together. Apparently you can't be a fan of symphonic prog buggery if you can't play every instrument in an orchestra.
>>
>>71920671
I didn't really pick it because of the price. I did it without giving it a second thought. I'm not going to try to defend it because that is not the point of my argument. There are plenty of people that very much enjoy and consider a big part of their lives movies, music and sport without actively participating in either of them. Being a musician is not a prerequisite to make the claim in the OP.
>>
>>71920717
Newflash moron, even the cheapest movies cost tens of millions of dollars to produce. And with technology and DAW's as advanced as they are, no genre of music is high budget anymore. Have you ever been on soundcloud or bandcamp? Ok now compare those productions to fucking YouTube.

There's a reason why music is usually people's favorite artform: it's the most accessible. Cheap to buy, cheap to make, easy to make, easy to understand. There is 0 reason in 2017 not to participate in music if you desire to. There are simply no barriers anymore. When people can start making even Film Festival-tier movies from their home, we'll talk.
>>
>>71920542
Same, although I also pride myself in my collection. Something like 4000 CDs. Shame most of it is from the 50's and early/mid 60's so I can only talk about it with old people.
>>
File: 1458947689794.gif (1002KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
1458947689794.gif
1002KB, 250x251px
>love music
>because I love music it was a nobrainer to buy a guitar and start learning that
>can now play a bunch of songs while singing and learning new ones has become easy
>plan on buying a electric keyboard next

How does someone like me with no musical education as a kid get into music theory??
Preferably independently
>>
>>71920798
You can film your dog taking a shit and it's a movie. You can get some friends together and make an amateur movie for a couple hundred bucks.
>>
>>71920798
>even the cheapest movies cost tens of millions of dollars
And you have the audacity to call someone else a moron?
>>
>>71920826
google it autisto
>>
>>71920826
It pretty much holds your hand as if you were a babby the whole time
>>
>>71920826
Sounds like you already know music theory. Music theory just quantifies things that already exist.
>>71920873
Fuck off. Even festival films can run a 10 million dollar budget. I'm sorry if my estimations were off and it only costs a couple million to make a movies. That should be no problem for the common man right, couple million?
Inb4 Napoleon Dynamite, literally the highest grossing movie ever percentage wise, which was still 400k, which is still no problem for the average math PhD on 4chan.

Really? "Hurr go make a movie it's the same as making music" I'm done with this fucking thread.
>>
>>71920941
>It's not a movie if it doesn't run in theatres or get played at festivals

That's like saying it's not music if it doesn't get released on a major label.
>>
>>71920941
Are you ignoring the post where I explain that my point is not about the price on purpose or are you a fucking retard?
Btw, can you post your sc so we can l laugh at your elitist ass?
>>
>>71920511
If filming a movie was as easy as playing 4 retarded chords i think a lot more people would do it
>>
>>71921491
What constitutes a movie? Hit albums cost millions to make just like feature movies.
>>
Some of you are comparing Bandcamp ambient albums with fucking AAA action movies, and I can't tell whether you really think that movies that don't run in theaters don't exist.
>>
I'm forcing myself to learn FL studio and it's not been going well
>>
>>71919474
Then you're actually a huge faggot
>>
>>71920614
play Rocksmith my man
>>
>>71920673
t. Musiclet
>>
Notice how most people who that are highschool female cunts? Fucking women cant get into music unless they're shilled to
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.