[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is pretty much a lost cause at this point but you guys are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 1491003784264.jpg (210KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1491003784264.jpg
210KB, 1024x1024px
This is pretty much a lost cause at this point but you guys are my last chance. I've posted on a few dif boards trying to source this already but I'm looking for a song that I cant get out of my head. I'll post the details I gave from the previous threads I've made, here.
>>
Does anyone remember a thread from some time between 2010 and 2012 about a yellow cassette tape? The post was some guy who was exploring and found some shack of some sort. inside he found a beat up yellow cassette if I'm remembering correctly. He played the cassette and it was a wicked eerie song. I cant get the tune out of my head for some reason and I've had a chill running down my spine for the past hour. one detail I could be completely misremembering is that the lyrics may or may not have had something to do with playing by a train track and getting hit or something. The more I think about it, the more it comes back to me. Some of the lyrics went something like "He played by the *something something*, He played by the *something something*, He played by the *something something*" or he played in the poppy fields.
>>
probably tylo be chillin
>>
>inb4 /x/
>>
File: goodvibrations.jpg (32KB, 468x437px) Image search: [Google]
goodvibrations.jpg
32KB, 468x437px
Alright ill try to figure it out
>>
I know this is certainly a long stretch and nobody here was probably even around for the thread. But I can't get the damn tune out of my head. Maybe it was he played by the pine trees, he played by the pine trees. I think it ended up being a by a musician whose name might have been two words. from the mid 70s??? Its not any version of "in the pines." I know that much.
>>
>>71917510
yep /x/. Ik, but I can't get this fucking song out of my head.
continued shit that I posted in the other thread.

just going to keep typing out what I remember from it in case it sparks more memories. I can just picture some guy, out in the woods exploring. posting pictures of a shed of some sort he came across. he went inside and found some weird and creepy shit laying around. eventually he saw this dusty yellow cassette tape lying on a shelf. Looked similar to pic related. the words written on it were dirty and smudged and couldnt really be read.
>>
>>71917579
he ended up leaving and there was some 3spooky5me story time as he was trying to find a casette player. ended up getting it played and recorded. posted to youtube. the song was scratchy and the tape was beat up so it only played the one part relatively clearly. something along the lines of "he played in the pine trees" or by the poppy fields or something along those lines. eventually someone was able to source the band that it came from. some really weird unknown group from the 70s??
>>
Does anybody remember this song from the 80's? I remember watching the video of it on MTV. I can't quite remember but I think it was about the singer pledging his allegiance to something or someone.
Idk it was really creepy and the video featured a bunch of white people dancing and a black guy in a servitude role
>>
>>71917601
last thing I remember from the thread...

found an original copy of the song and it was; if im remembering correctly, about some little kid who was playing on a traintrack and ended up getting hit and killed by the train. This was the only song the cassette would play. OP posted a bunch of other spoopy pics from the trip. there was more story along with it. he started making shit up I think saying he felt like he might have been followed home
>>
bank name was two words I think... s mountain? mountain something. maybe that was the album name. 70s. FUCK. not a popular band at all. pretty sure the album cover had the guys face on it and they ended up being a band from the midwest
>>
sherwood???? is that the part of a band name anyone knows
>>
found it holy fuck
>>
>>71917898
What was it?
>>
>>71917967
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VqjyMVgyqg

jesus fucking christ. Maybe I can sleep now. theres even a comment from 5 years ago mentioning /x/. how the fuck was my brain able to conjure up something 5 years old that I only even read once. WTF
>>
full circle.... I found the OPs video scrolling through hundreds of youtube videos I remember the thumbnail from pic related..... theres even a link to an old chanarchive url except that site went down in 2012... is there any way i can find a mirror or screen cap of that hosted url from back then?
>>
>>71918297
Have you tried the wayback machine?
>>
>>71918483
just tried it. nothing

chanarchive org/4chan/x/31554/continued-from-9244977

and

/x/res/10079305

are the links ive got
>>
OPs youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OdFqKfIpmc
>>
>>71918607
Is the post number in any of these?
>>
>>71918692
im assuming its either
or
>>
>>71917502
The Mountain Goats
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.