[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serious question: Why is MBDTF, and Kanye in general, so overrated?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 887203956184293261.jpg (45KB, 458x400px) Image search: [Google]
887203956184293261.jpg
45KB, 458x400px
Serious question: Why is MBDTF, and Kanye in general, so overrated? IMO they not only it's not in the top 100 albums of all time but it's not even the best of the decade. Explain to me it's massive appeal and what causes people to think it's so much better than other pop albums.
>>
kanye himself thinks it's overrated and his "least progressive" album
>tfw you realise mbdtf is bait to identify non-patricians
>>
>>71911240
its not made for poor people or plebs like you
>>
>>71911317
I honestly think this is just Kanye being contrarian. If 808s was his most popular acclaimed album I don't think he'd like it as much.

MBDTF has fantastic production, particularly on its singles - which are a big reason the albums so acclaimed I think. It's also an album with a concept that hadn't really been tackled in hip-hop quite like that before. I think the context and the person Kanye West is also influenced why it's so praised. It feels very honest, and I guess even all the conflicts and contradictions within it are a part of Kanye himself - so people liked that. I really like the album myself.
>>
File: dasdkasfpo.png (4KB, 148x140px) Image search: [Google]
dasdkasfpo.png
4KB, 148x140px
>>71911358
>an artist being contrarian about their own works
high quality autism
>>
>>71911240
People need to understand that the quality of the music has almost nothing to do with it's sales.
>>71911358
said it's production it's great that's what makes it so merkatable.
>>
>>71911388
genius if you ask me
>>
I'm a music conservatory graduate. I spent years analyzing music for grades, so when I come across something that's garbage, I know. Kanye's albums have the melodic complexity of a train horn (actually less; train horns often are tuned to a tritone, which seem to be absent in their music) and the lyrical complexity barely goes beyond a 3rd grade vocabulary. Not only is this music intended for ignorant audiences, it's intended to provoke ignorant young people into becoming hippies in order to fill the marijuana shops with costumers in the US. How's that for an unpopular opinion?
>>
File: pQo7e8E.jpg (43KB, 514x536px) Image search: [Google]
pQo7e8E.jpg
43KB, 514x536px
>>71911932
>mfw
>>
>>71911932
Complexity is not measurment for quality
>>
>>71911932
I swear I've seen this powerful
>>
College Dropout is a masterpiece. Everything else is ok
>>
>>71911932
I'm a music conservatory graduate. I spent years analyzing musical analyses for grades, so when I come across something that's garbage, I know. Kanye analyses on /mu/ have the journalistic complexity of a huffington post article (actually less; huffpo articles seem to stick to a central argument, which seems to be absent here on /mu/) and the lexical complexity barely goes beyond a 3rd grade vocabulary. Not only are these analyses intended for audiences who frequent Scandinavian stamp pressing factories, but they're intended to provoke well informed people, who can differentiate real mentally stimulating™ music, from the braindead drivel that is endlessly pumped into the unwashed masses, into thinking that they're only listening to it because of how highly regarded it is in mainstream sources, in order to make them think they should listen to bandcamp musicians whose music isn't well known and is therefore not good. How's that for an unpopular opinion?
>>
>>71912504
>>71911932

ty for pasta
>>
*Inaudible vocoder*
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.