[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've heard a ton of hip-hop albums, maybe a thousand. DESU

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: To Pimp a Butterfly.jpg (79KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
To Pimp a Butterfly.jpg
79KB, 512x512px
I've heard a ton of hip-hop albums, maybe a thousand. DESU lads I think this is the best one ever made. Give it 10 or 20 years but I'm certain this will be the one topping the lists.
>>
Yup
>>
What's so great about this thing is how much live instrumentation there is, and also how minimal the sample use is.

Consider the most acclaimed hip-hop albums like The Chronic, Reasonable Doubt, Illmatic, 36 Chambers all largely sample live instrumentation from old funk and soul records. These are the sounds that age like win, rather than the synthetic fruity-loop sounds that permeate hip-hop's history.

Live sounds will always be the best and age the best, and that's why this album is so good. /bleep/ can sod off.
>>
This album is fucking garbage.

I never listen to it anymore because it's so boring and fake deep.
>>
>>71886179
This. Literal definition of pretentious, even though it doesn't come off as such considering the context.
>>
>>71886202
>someone told me it's pretentious, so it's pretentious
>>
>>71886237
I've actually never heard it called that before, but whatever helps calm your nerves.

I won't even try to undermine anyone calling this album a masterpiece like >>71886132, because he might be right. But just because it's this good thing, doesn't mean it's not that bad thing.
>>
>>71886237
>i repeat words from others and make it my argument
>>
>>71886132
This is why it will age well and be remembered. Live instruments are always the best. If you're a musician you should agree.
>>
I listened to this album about 5 times.
First listen is the best one, each subsequent listen makes the album shittier.
>>
>>71886329
opposite here. this album is so elegantly produced I hear new sounds every time
>>
>>71886237
It's literally the definition of pretentious.

In fact.. all of Kendrick's music post-GKMC has been nothing but pretentious garbage.

The dude sucks and has fallen off completely. I liked his old material (KL EP, O.D, S80) way more than his new shit.
>>
>>71886237
"fake deep" means the exact same thing as "pretentious" yet you chose to call that guy out because he used the bigger word? Fuck off.
>>
Illmatic is better
>>
Not even the best hip-hop album that came out that year.
>>
>>71886202
>art can be secretly pretentious
>its best consider art without context

fag
>>
u joking poser?
>>
>>71886439
reply to the wrong post?
>>
Proof that you can hear a thousand hip hop albums and still have shit taste, im blown away.
>>
The Cold Vein is the best hip-hop album of all time.

If you disagree it just hasn't clicked with you yet.
>>
>>71886527
What's even the point of being this contrarian? I'm blown away by this general attitude on /mu/, and 4chan as a whole I suppose. People seem to get off to not liking something.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.