[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What piece of music or musician just made you give up even trying.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: Thundercat-Wolf-Hat.jpg (176KB, 550x397px) Image search: [Google]
Thundercat-Wolf-Hat.jpg
176KB, 550x397px
What piece of music or musician just made you give up even trying.

For me the latest one was Thundercat. No point learning the bass with that out there.
>>
>>71881498
But there will always be someone better than you. Even if you do become the best player you probably would be unrecognized

For me it's much every artist. Even harsh noise ones
>>
>>71881498
You need to realize most people out there dont even like to hear that complicated of shit. I played thundercat in my car one time with people who have decent taste (relativelyspeaking) and they were all off put by how busy the music is. People have this stupid attitude of
>all those notes but no soooooul main

But also if hearing someone good made you not want to bother with music instead of inspiring you to strive for greatness you were never meant to walk the path in the first place, sorry anon
>>
>>71882054
>even harsh noise

You realize it takes absolutely no talent to make noise right? The first scream of a baby when it enters the world is of equal skill and merit
>>
the real redpill is that you don't have to be the best anything to make good music. Yeah you should be good at your instrument(s) but

be original
have "good" taste
go for an idea

^ that's all of music. So what if you'll never be thundercat tier at bass.

also I have psoratic arthritis and I didn't quit bass. I'm pretty fucking good honestly. So don't be a baby.
>>
>>71882437
>I have psoratic arthritis and I didn't quit bass. I'm pretty fucking good honestly

That just makes me want to quit more.
>>
>>71881498
thundercat is only good at making his specific kind of music though

well he'd be able to do other things but it's not like him and his style is the logical conclusion to bass

I mean Kim Deal made some pretty cool basslines that are on the complete opposite side of the spectrum yet they're equally memorable
>>
>>71882839
Well, and I'm not trying to be a dick, then maybe you shouldn't bother. This game isn't for people who want everything to be easy, or people who are gonna be defeatist......you could do it though. If you wanted to put in the work. I dunno how old you are, but if you're younger I remember being on this site when I was a young weirdo. You can do so much more than you think you can. Still applies if you're older. But it's gotta be you that does it.

Sorry. But it's really sad to hear that from someone. And I think this website has a lot of people with defeatism and sadness that is just so unproductive.
>>
>>71882839
don't play to be good

just play
>>
>>71882245
kys
>>
Thundercat actually inspired me to pick up my bass again and relearn.
>>
>>71882245
You know making harsh noise music requires a fairly profound knowledge of audio equipment and sound in general, right?. It's not that far off from "normal" music production really.
>>
i was listening to the mike varney project with allan holdsworth and frank gambale last night, made me feel completely inadequate as a guitar player

inb4 guitar players always inadequate
>>
>>71886441
Ever listen to the live joe pass / ella live show? That dude is an insane guitar player.
>>
>>71886558
yeah he is insane, i havent listened to that one though

now that i think of it i watched a video of brent mason and johnny hiland playing working man blues i think it was and it made me want to kill myself
>>
>>71881498

>hearing a skill musician makes you give up

You should give up all music altogether. Actually you should just give up everything altogether.
>>
>>71881498
that's like saying "there are people living better than me so i'm gonna kill msyelf"
>>
>>71887291
>>71887368
i think you homos are taking this too literally
>>
>>71881498
It takes several years of practice to accumulate all that skill and style of writing. Just tell yourself that Thundercat is a goal and inspiration.
Why being competitive?
>>
that fucking zach hill feb 2011 video
>>
>>71883088
This
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.