[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why isn't there a lot of music made in surround sound? There

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 1490882378237.jpg (203KB, 854x1255px) Image search: [Google]
1490882378237.jpg
203KB, 854x1255px
Why isn't there a lot of music made in surround sound? There are plenty of movies, but I've never heard any music in surround and I think it would be cool to listen to some.
>>
File: oktophonie.jpg (14KB, 226x223px) Image search: [Google]
oktophonie.jpg
14KB, 226x223px
>>
Reminder that stereo was a meme back then, everything was mono and I'm a strong believer that still should.

Stereo came about because of the headphones and if you want surround, try classic albums remastered in surround. Black Sabbath's Paranoid is a good start.
>>
>>71877954
>Stereo is a meme
>Black Sabbath
What's it like to have shit taste?
>>
>>71877975
>muh reading comprehension

What was it like to be held back a grade?
>>
>>71877954
but muh pans
>>
>>71877922
There is plenty. But beyond quadraphonic setups, there is no standardization for multichannel speaker placement, so it's usually up to the composer's discretion.

5.1 is a stupid format for music, as the center channel is made for dialog in film.

Subs are fine, but they're usually just getting a summed version of the front pair of speakers, and not an extra channel, so a quad speaker setup with subs would be described as 4 channel and not 4.1
>>
>>71877989
>Reminder that stereo was a meme back then, everything was mono and I'm a strong believer that still should.
I don't know, what's it like?
>>
>>71877975
Are you saying that Black Sabbath isn't great?
>>
>>71877922
Didn't you make this thread before?

Porcupine Tree/Steven Wilson and Flaming Lips have a few albums in surround sound

Most of them are classical music though
>>
The Beatles' LOVE project was in surround sound, but apart from that, nobody wants to buy the equipment, nobody can be fucked mixing in surround, and music sounds fine in stereo
>>
>>71877922
I wish cars had quadraphonic setups. It seems like such a good environment for that.
>>
>>71877922
The Downward Spiral has a 5.1 version
>>
Cuz we only have two ears
>>
>>71878074
>Didn't you make this thread before?
No. Copied it from archive with slight modification.
>>71877954
Is there a mega link for the surround version?
>>
>>71877922
Why do her breasts get larger and larger? Is this supposed to be a metaphor for David Byrne's white suit?
Anyway, all of King Crimson's 40th Anniversary releases come with new stereo mixes on one CD and 5.1 surround sound mixes on a DVD/Blu-Ray.
>>
>>71878150
hypno fetish is weird
>>
>>71878150
gayfag detected
>>
>>71878785
>he thinks gays dislike tits
>>
>>71877922
https://mcraigculbertson.bandcamp.com/
>>
File: hypno.gif (2MB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
hypno.gif
2MB, 300x168px
>>71878635
Don't lump us in with another fetish, even though hypnosis is totally weird.
>>
>>71877954
>tfw deaf in one ear
>can't listen to a lot of classic rock albums because the sound is so segmented between both ears

Why did they all think this shit was such a great idea?
>>
Sauce?
>>
>>71879227
They thought it was a great idea because usually people aren't fucking disabled.
>>
>>71879505
It was a little fucking inconsiderate of them, just fucking saying.
>>
because you didn't buy enough SACD's
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.