[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what´s the appeal in shit music like this? he sings like a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: the-weeknd--1444901835.jpg (2MB, 2190x3000px) Image search: [Google]
the-weeknd--1444901835.jpg
2MB, 2190x3000px
what´s the appeal in shit music like this?

he sings like a choir boy who´s had the balls cut off 10 years ago and every song is the same can i please get laid bullshit with differing story context

let´s talk about blunders
>>
>>71872319
because people who listen to the radio think its different, deep, and darker than the mainstream which they aren't wrong about it's just not that interesting. He has a few songs that are ok but nothing released over the past 3 years is worth anything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN84vAqO9NY

this song is actually really good imo
>>
His mixtapes and Kiss Land are good pop albums. Everything else is just ok, better than most pop nowadays still though.
>>
>>71872428
yeah that trilogy was supposed to be pretty good i remember
and i liked a few of his pop songs from 2015. the lyricism is stupid but the production is spotless. that being, said, they're still.....nothing super special. "When We Were Young" should have been SOTY over "I Can't Feel My Face," imo
>>
>>71872501
I can't feel my face is actually such a banger i forgot about.
>>
>>71872539
It's a great song, and I get the importance of it in that year, but it's not particularly novel, you know?
>>
He has a few good singles here and there, he's a solid pop act. He sadly won't go back to pre-Kissland but Starboy is listenable which is good though everything after a Lonely Night is forgettable
>>
>>71872744
yea i definitely wont be going back to listen to it like its some master piece but if i hear it here and their ill definitely bump to it
>>
no one has mentioned the hills yet?
>>
>>71872783
exactly! i listened to it again last night, and could tell immediately that it's not one to transcend time
>>
the best thing about the weeknd is that he isn't bruno fucking mars.
>>
>>71872319
>he sings like a choir boy who´s had the balls cut off 10 years ago

How is that not impressive?

As far as the composition/lyricism of his music, I can't really defend that, but the blood isn't really going to my brain when I put his music on, you get me?
>>
>>71873265
>hating the saviour of pop
>>
File: image.jpg (108KB, 736x1087px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108KB, 736x1087px
>>71873364
>>
The lyrics in starboy resonate with my soul
>>
i feel it coming is honestly the best top 40 song i've heard in years, but idk how much of that is him and how much is daft punk
>>
The groove, mainly. That, and he's a talented singer; although I was surprised that so much of his lyrical content was about "fucking bitches" and "my niggas." Even more surprising to me, I don't mind enough to stop listening
>>
>>71872319
i really despise him also. not sure why i hate him when i don't mind other pop artists but his music pains me

mumford & sons and this song have the same effect on me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBumgq5yVrA

when singers sing like that it drives me fucking insane
>>
>>71872319
God Tier Vocals Fagbag
>>
When he first came on the scene, people really liked him because he was essentially Michael Jackson's voice singing D'Angelo songs only with Nine Inch Nails beats and lyrics about doing cocaine and sexually abusing women.

It was R&B only instead of being romantic it was bitter and scornful, and it exhibited some industrial-sounding flourishes.

Since then he's become a lot more successful, so he's toned down the darkness of his arrangements and lyrics a lot. In the early days he was unabashedly profane, misogynistic, and misanthropic.
>>
>>71874547
bad b8
>>
File: Kiss Land.jpg (96KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Kiss Land.jpg
96KB, 1000x1000px
Everything before this album (this incluted) it's pretty, Trilogy and KissLand can be considered /mu/ tier, after that he became mainstream and his sound change but IMO it's still kinda good
>>
>>71872319
did you really take the time to repost this with a different artist
>>
File: 1490025293519.jpg (29KB, 640x334px) Image search: [Google]
1490025293519.jpg
29KB, 640x334px
>>71872319
wut on dat nigga head doe
>>
His hair look like a HL1 headcrab
>>
File: 1457207845580.jpg (10KB, 300x186px) Image search: [Google]
1457207845580.jpg
10KB, 300x186px
>>71872452
>pop
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.