[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished relistening to this, didn't really get what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 2205968.jpg (332KB, 500x493px)
2205968.jpg
332KB, 500x493px
Just finished relistening to this, didn't really get what the hype was all about again, am I missing something or is this pure meme?
>>
>>71872238
maybe your expecting too much, just a chill listen i reckon.
>>
what hype?
>>
im not a big fan of pavement, but disliking in the mouth of a desert?
>>
Slanted and Enchanted is probably one of the albums that people tend to hate until they love it. For most this album isn't love at first sight. Usually the timeline goes as such: Hate the album, hate it so much you tell people and try to figure out why you hate it, people tell you it's fucking good if you listen to it till you like it, you listen to it till one day it clicks and you get it, you go on the internet and tell people you love it and why they should too. The cycle of life on this album continues and it remains very prominent almost in spite of itself.
>>
>>71873119
This song is what made me fall in love with the album. The lyrics sort of lead me to the water so to speak and helped me to 'get' what the whole thing was about.
>>
File: slowpoke.jpg (27KB, 600x655px)
slowpoke.jpg
27KB, 600x655px
>>71872238
The hype over this album ended 20 years ago lmao.
It's just a reasonably good indie record from the early 90's, if you don't like it, don't sweat it.
Everyone I knew who was into it was both pretentious and stoned. Myself included. Perhaps you just don't fit the demographic.
>>
>>71873569
Basically this but the reason the reason that's it's so acclaimed isn't so much about the content but rather the influence it had. It was just some shitty sounding, poorly recorded album that was actually pretty good. It has a very amateur/DIY feel to it that makes you go "wow I can do that" "I guess it actually doesn't have to be recorded in an expensive studio for it to be good".
>>
>>71873609
This sounds about right. I always thought of it being the 90s version of The Velvet Underground & Nico.
>>
>>71872238
Just a shitty Fall tribute band.
>>
>>71873622
except nowhere near as pretentious
>>
This album is flannel represented as sound. what's not to like?
>>
>>71873667
Debatable.
>>
>>71873779
You might have an argument with Wowee Zowee but definitely not Slanted.
>>
I didn't like it the first time I tried, but didn't dislike too. I listened to Spoon and Parquet Courts and, somehow, got the vibe to pavement and tried this one and crooked rain again, and I'm in love since this day.

Maybe you should listen some bands before giving it another try, Fugazi and Spoon are my recommendation.
>>
>>71873784
maybe after the wowee zowee, to be honest
>>
>>71873779
lo-fi/90s indie was exactly what the anon above said, young guys thrashing guitars around in garages.

fanbase is debatable though. subjective and underground music is bound to attract scene kids
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.