[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Feel free to tell me how much of a pleb I am, but I'd rather

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

Feel free to tell me how much of a pleb I am, but I'd rather you give me some recs
>>
>>71870735
You're a pleb. But I like your taste.

Elliott Smith - Either/Or
No Joy - Wait to Pleasure
Dalek - From Filthy Tongue of Gods and Griots
Big L - Lifestyle ov da Poor n Dangerous
>>
I've been sitting on Either/Or for a while, so I guess I'll give it a listen. For some reason have just ignored looking into Dalek or Big L, but I haven't heard of No Joy. Thanks for the recs, I'll check them out.
>>
File: IMG_0250.png (319KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0250.png
319KB, 600x600px
>>71870735
I love you're chart. Mine actually is really similar

Try:

World Party - Goodbye Jumbo
BT - This Binary Universe (Pic-Related)
Radiohead- In Rainbows
Oasis - What's the Story Morning Glory?
The KLF - Chill Out
>>
>>71871016
fuck me
>>
>>71871027
I've already gone through Oasis and Radiohead discogs, but I'll definitely check out the others. Thanks.
>>
>>71870735
Youre a pleb and blond is overated imo, but overall not bad. You should listen to Arcade Fire. Their first three albums especially the Funeral are really good.
>>
>>71871351
I figure blonde is the most controversial being that high, but something about it clicked with me like nothing else. Didn't like it at all on the first two listens, but now I can just put it on really any night sitting around or going on a walk and love every second of it. It's not like anything else that I've heard personally and is the epitome of a "comfy" album imo. I'd give it another try.
>>
Listen to more albums that aren't the most acclaimed albums of artist's discographies.

Spiritualized - Lazer Guided Melodies
Sufjan - Seven Swans
Elliott Smoth - Elliott Smith
The Pharcyde - Labincalifornia
Beck - Odelay!
Franz Ferdinand - Franz Ferdinand
Eels - Electro-Shock Blues
of Montreal - The Gay Parade
Otis Redding - Otis Blue
>>
>>71871450
Yeah it's fine (to me) just not great. I know exactly what your feeling though. It's harder to find those albums than you'd think. When I first got into music The Kid As, The Funerals, The Strange Mercys, and of course In The Aeroplane Over The Sea all hit me at once and was just so much good music that changed my whole perspective on how great music could be.

Those albums don't seem too innovative or unplebby, but to a kid who just discovered his "indie music" they're perfect to bridge the gap into a more underground taste.

I'm not saying that's what Blond is for you, I'm just reminiscing.
>>
>>71870735
Wow you have Black Saint and Funkadelic in your chart??? You must be really into jazz and funk then!!!
Fucking pleb
>>
>>71871590
OP, you should listen to those albums I mentioned they're pretty good. Also, listen to this guy >>71871514 find an artist you're really interested in and dig through his discography. Read up on his influences stuff like that.
>>
>>71871351
I have really shitty eyesight to not see the Funeral. My bad OP.
>>
>>71871682
I just enjoy the albums.
>>
wait isnt this just basically mucore 101
>>
>>71870735
Based just on this chart, I feel like maybe you need more Can in your life
>>
>>71871720
Go check out the essentials of those genres then stop jerking off to the 2 albums funk and jazz on the mucore chart
>>
>>71870735
Go back to the patrish group and stay there
>>
>>71871772
Those aren't just the two albums I've heard in the genres, just the ones I'd put in my chart. I mean, you could recommend some. i guess it does feel better to just shit on others for the sake of ego though.
>>
>>71870735
Gal Costa - s/t
Miles Davis - In a Silent Way
Biosphere - Microgravity
The Beach Boys - Smiley Smile
Juana Molina - Wed 21
Gil Scott-Heron & Brian Jackson - Bridges
Invisible - El jardín de los presentes
>>
>>71870735
Man I usually hate people who call others /mu/drones for liking /mu/core, and a lot of those are great albums, but seriously? Is this bait? It's so stylistically different which isn't a bad thing, but no one is going to be able to give you good recs because you have no discernable taste.

I recommend you explore genres further in general. If you loved LYSF for example find a post rock essential chart and try out some of the others that interest you. You could do this with literally any album you put down, there is so much music waiting for you beneath what /mu/ and reddit shitpost and meme into oblivion.

I'm sorry if I sound condescending, but asking for recs now will impede you more than help, you'll find much better music on your own. And chances are you may have already done all this and just chosen those token acclaimed albums as your favorites, and there would be nothing wrong with that because they are great. But you have so many classics all over the place it seems more like you just went down the chart and thought "okay I like this now."
>>
>>71870735
>>reddit:the post
>>
>>71871763
>>71871763
>>71871763
>>
>>71870735
And another thing, post this in a chart thread next time, you're clearly new. There are threads specifically for this.
>>
>>71871996
>>71871888
Not even that new, just didn't see that thread. I started off a year ago just listening to /mu/core and just kept expanding listening to whatever popular albums people would post on here that I had no clue existed and enjoyed most of them. I've been looking for less popular artists for a couple months now, just generally, but you're probably right that I should just start at a genre and work through it.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.