[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Surely you guys'll appreciate this. it's an apologist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Surely you guys'll appreciate this.

it's an apologist rant about Limp Bizkit and Nu Metal in general.

Discuss?
>>
>>71864616
Its a drum, look at the strings on the side
>>
Limp Bizkit is not old enough yet to be seen as retro, but when it is, the kids'll LOVE IT again, I tells ya - (even if it's just ironically - the only way the kids like anything these days it seems). I reckon Nu-metal's greatest sin was its own genre name. They rap (like shit, you could say) they play with distortion (like shit, you could say), it's neither this nor that - they denied my ears guitar solos etc, sure, all true... But it was still REALLY, REALLY important that it happened, It tried to marry heavy metal and hip hop literally, In 2000AD. previously that was only flirted with (run dmc and aerosmith, beastie boys had to shift genres officially) - getting personal / nostalgic - I was 9 when I heard Rollin' (limp bizkit) because another kid asked me to listen to it on his sony discman at a school sport's carnival (bare with me), and I claimed at the time that I didn't like it...I thought nothing of it then... But what I know now - and I can say this with confidence: that song introduced me to two vital musical genres in my life: Hip Hop and Heavy Metal, previously HATED by young me...But it wasn't until a year later that limp bizkit's music had kinda sunken into my young brain - It wasn't until I was watching ANIME MUSIC VIDEOS ON BURNT CD'S that I realised how much I was ENJOYING Limp Bizkit's music, even though I was only associating it with characters from Dragon Ball Z, beams, fighting, exploding cliffs - things I loved as a kid - the music SUITED it to a tee, the band would probably never have known or expected that their music was used for these weird and wonderful purposes - but it was 2001 at this point and the internet was pretty big, even though we didn't even have youtube (yes I know how spoiled that sounds). The same can be said for KoRn, Slipknot, Marilyn Manson, fucking Disturbed, Papa Roach, even P.O.D. - the list is endless, the influence is OBVIOUS - sure it all started as 'crap', so?
>>
Listen to Tears for Fears – they are fucking AWFUL, objectively so for me – but I KNOW that their 'sound' defines a huge group of people's lives, nostalgia or whatever – it's good to them. To me, with no experience of life in the 80s, it sounds like the WORST elements of that decade's music. It sounds overproduced and tinny and the snare sounds like it was turned up too high in the mix by mistake – I could go on forever, it doesn't DO ANYTHING for me, is my point, but I still KNOW it's good. Limp Bizkit released that song in 2000, the fucking new millenium. Don't you think people of the future are going to want to know what people were listening to in 2000? It may have only gotten to no. 65 on the US billboard, but it got to no. 1 in the UK singles chart. Is this not a slight indication of quality, or of what 'quality' is to different countries at different times? You could even argue that Eminem wasn't going to going to be TOLERATED by the music industry if it weren't for wholesome little fred durst writing his angsty little rhymes with his backwards yankees cap or whatever, making millions of dollars. 'hmmm, that sold a lot of units, and this kid is cool according to Dr. Dre – who people in hip hop actually respect – let's try him'. I dunno Eminem's history but you see my point, although he released his first albums independently in the mid 90s WHATEVER. It's all relative, mannnnnn.
>>
MOTHA FUCKIN CHAINSAW
>>
>>71865972
WHAAAAAAT
>>
I actually like some of Limp's later stuff, mostly the fun hits. Three Dollar Bill Y'alls is one of my favorite albums though. It has the sound that I look for in a few of Korn's songs, but they are more consistent and Fred isn't as much of a bitch
>>
>>71864693
>>71864714
good read
also, this track's fucking fire
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJN5goulBIg
>>
>>71864616
Imagine if Rap Metal came back with a new generation not defined by the pop trappings of it's 2000s predecessors...
>>
>>71864714
>>71864693
Nice Youtube comment section copypaste.
>>
Would it be better to be an idiot with good taste and a good band like Phil Anselmo, or to be intelligent but with awful taste and a terrible band like Fred Durst?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.