[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mu/'s thoughts on this emotionally wrecking, painful, heartstring

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: a0249360790_10.jpg (219KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a0249360790_10.jpg
219KB, 1200x1200px
/mu/'s thoughts on this emotionally wrecking, painful, heartstring rapist of an album? i just listened through the whole thing and it's honestly the first album that's made me cry... well, ever.
>>
The only album that made me cry was Buyer's Market
>>
it's shit and you're a faggot
>>
>>71863917
I can't identify with either side of the debate on this album. It didn't make me cry once, not even close. It wasn't emotionally wrecking for me, and it wasn't painful, it was just the best album I've heard in a long ass time.

The lyrics were fucking great. They painted this world so vividly for some reason despite how little he actually goes into his physical surroundings, it's like I'm picturing physical events every time he speaks. It's quite uncanny.

And what's with people saying there's a lack of melody? Are you guys fucking braindead cause these are some satisfying goddamn melodies. If you listen to Seaweed, Ravens, Real Death, Soria Moria, Swims...actually this entire album, and you try to tell me that these guitar arrangements aren't some of the most lush and atmospheric shits you've heard in this genre then I don't know.

I hate seeing people apologize for this record. Saying shit like "uh it's not SUPPOSED to be songs" or "just let him grieve." No, go fuck yourselves, you sound like you have zero room for emotional capacity because this is one of the most well-written and cohesive album I've ever heard, and probably ever will here. I can't stop listening to it. Probably a 10 but numbers don't mean shit
>>
>>71863917
faggot, decent album tho
>>
>>71864084
Also, the beats are literally fucking dialysis machines or something. This shit is good
>>
>>71864084
>guitar arrangements aren't some of the most lush and atmospheric shits you've heard in this genre then I don't know.
here u go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7h3bd2YSWs
>>
>>71864137
Wow, why have I never gone into his discography other than Benji? I hated that album but this is really good, thanks so much man.
>>
It was good for the week that it came out on NPR, i haven't really listen to it since, I empathize with the sentiment, and I hope this helps Phil move forward. Very moving and inspirational album. 7/10
>>
If I haven't listened to him before is this an appropriate place to start?
>>
>>71864417
No. Listen to his stuff from the Microphones, or early Mount Eerie records. The Glow, Pt. 2 is considered a classic by many and a great starting point, in my opinion
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.