[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how will you go about cataloging listens when last.fm inevitably

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: marvin.e51495403de9.png (24KB, 166x273px) Image search: [Google]
marvin.e51495403de9.png
24KB, 166x273px
how will you go about cataloging listens when last.fm inevitably goes away?

bonus question: will you miss marvin, the last.fm robot?
>>
>>71858050
last.fm will never die
>>
>>71858142
I dunno, it wasn't doing very well financially and then they Justed it with the update and it plummeted in popularity, at least on /mu/. They are even nagging for money now
>>
The nail in the coffin for me was when I unhooked my phone from my speaker setup in the living room and hooked up my new Amazon Echo Dot like "finally, now I can have my phone in my pocket while I stream music in the living room and control it with my laptop."

Too late did I realize that last.fm hasn't enabled scrobbling from spotify when the device is an Amazon Echo. Why, I'll never know. But that's it for last.fm and me. I won't go back even if they fix it, because I've realized something:

Without the ability to scrobble, I started listening to the music I actually liked. I didn't race to scrobble new releases, and I became a slightly happier person. So that's that for me. I wish the company success, though.
>>
i'll just do it manually like the autist i am
or i'll hire someone to do it for me
>>
I'll probably use the music player local data for my own amusement
>>
>>71858050
Instead of telling the audioscrobbler plugin to point to last.fm's servers, you write to a local file.

Of course /mu/ is full of brainlets who have probably never written a simple script in there lives...
>>
sonemic is gonna have scrobbling lol
>>
>>71859830
>sonemic
prove it!
>>
>>71858050
I stopped scrobbling back in 2013, best decision I could've made. I always felt that my listening was tied down. Like, if I listened to a CD in the car, I'd feel compelled to manually scrobble it. The same with vinyl. After I stopped, I felt like I could listen freely.
>>
>>71859369
edgy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkDD03yeLnU
>>
File: images[1].jpg (15KB, 258x195px) Image search: [Google]
images[1].jpg
15KB, 258x195px
>>71860035
>>
>>71858050
I never did
>>
>>71860035
Same for me
I also had huge amount of stuff I didn't want to relisten to again
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.