[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>oh shit Danny brown dropped AE >damn i cant wait to listen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

>oh shit Danny brown dropped AE
>damn i cant wait to listen to it, he's been getting better every album
>wait a sec, this fucking turd is getting rave reviews?

is AE the most dishonestly revered album of all time

people seriously consider this shit a fucking god tier classic?

this fucking album has like 3 maybe 4 """""""okay""""""""" songs and the rest is some sad attempt to combine post-punk and industrial with absolutely no fucking rhythm and flow

this nigga lost his touch, i feel literally suffocated trying to listen to this album, Danny can't even rap properly anymore, he tries to put together impressive bars but chokes on his own words

this shit has no form to it. it fucking sucks
>>
File: 0.png (173KB, 838x438px)
0.png
173KB, 838x438px
>>
>31 reviews on metacritic
>rare reviews
>>
>>71855163
>no rhythm and flow
>Danny can't even rap properly anymore
>this shit has no form to it.

I think you're getting caught up on the instrumentation if you think Danny can't flow still. He's like a metronome on this album and keeps incredible time on some of the more esoteric and weird beats. It's not Danny that is formless, it's the music, but that's the point....

>>71855165
It's not just the music that's experimental, but Danny's rapping and storytelling too. It's a view into his fucked up psyche. Also, there are more than just references to post-punk, it also has Detroit 80s techno among other things. The last comment is even dumber since the OP there is listening to it on the most shallow level. It's like listening to VU&N and saying "so what it sounds like any other rock record from the 60s," which is not true.

I understand not liking the album, but the reasons you gave aren't good criticisms. You don't have to like everything but don't make bogus statements.

>i feel literally suffocated trying to listen to this album

That's the entire point of the album.
>>
>>71856545
his lyricism is generic hip-hop bullshit
>>
>>71855163
I like this album but I agree. It's nowhere near as special as critics give it credit for. Maybe they were impressed after the shit that was Old or maybe Danny Brown is just cool to like right now
>>
>>71855180
>rave reviews
As in people reviewed it very well
>>
>>71856569
desu if you believe that then I genuinely think you're not listening hard enough. He's carrying on the same themes that he used from XXX and Old.
>>
>>71856545

The music isn't even formless, there are 0 songs on this album that lack a discernable rhythym, and Danny is consistently rhyming at the ends of bars 100% of the time
>>
>>71856590
there's nothing special about his lyrics, it only seems good in compare to other modern pop rappers, and you basically confirmed this post >>71855165 (6th line)
>>
>>71856610
trap isn't just about lyrics but obviously you aren't a hip hop fan so i'm not going to have an argument with you about lyricism when you don't even listen to the genre or artist.
>>
This is actually the album that sold me on Danny Brown being a legit rapper and not some indie white people backpacker shit.
>>
>>71856618
>if he doesn't like an album of particular genre as much as i do, he's obviously not a fan of that genre

you should know that 4chan is for grown-ups only
>>
>>71856670
you should know that you're a fucking dumbass faggot
>>
tfw you make a copypasta from a TPAB post and everybody takes it seriously
>>
>>71857107
this post was first
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.