[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/daily/ - /daily/core edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 83

File: 1490393495927.jpg (907KB, 1543x1543px) Image search: [Google]
1490393495927.jpg
907KB, 1543x1543px
The point of these threads is to critically analyse musical traditions from all over the world, including the western pop canon, and perform discourse on the topic. This discourse shapes what is allowed to be discussed and who is allowed to take part. As a shibboleth against lowbrows, the highest caliber of dank memes is used as communication. By doing this, we can create a utopia for true music lovers and colonise the planet, solar system, and galaxy. Every single utterance here is broadcast wirelessly, somewhere, some time, and will as such be launched into the infinity of space.

Links:
https://www.neverendingchartrendering.org/
https://plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
http://dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
https://discord.gg/8exuEmG

prev thread: >>71820597
>>
first for cultural gatekeepers
>>
<>< meme fish
>>
File: IMG_1932.jpg (87KB, 479x468px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1932.jpg
87KB, 479x468px
Who's on deck for listen along? What do I gotta listen to?
>>
fourth for condoning puertorrican terrorism

>>71848748
you gotta wait till sunday
>>
File: 1374087457782.png (34KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
1374087457782.png
34KB, 666x666px
Who else just bought their Sondre Lerche tickets?
>>
>>71848999
do they come with trips?
>>
>>71849048
no, but this does
>>
>>71849110
damn
>>
>>71849110
That's what you get for being a pleb who didn't buy his Sondre Lerche ticket
>>
File: ddd.png (394KB, 1168x1106px) Image search: [Google]
ddd.png
394KB, 1168x1106px
we're off to a great start...

>Prick (England / Scotland)
>Boards of Canada - The Campfire Headphase
you ever listen to an album and you're like 'damn, these songs are nice but every song is literally the same thing'? well yeah that's this album pretty much. just some wooshy electronic ambient sounds, toss in a guitar riff, then some drum machines, let it go on for a couple minutes, rinse and repeat. at first they were nice but as it went on i started getting sick of it and also the tracks were getting lamer. darklands pretty much has his work cut out for him unless he somehow rec'd something even worse.

4+ / 10

>>71849169
he's not even touring near me i'd have to fly to texas or something
>>
File: freeform5.png (2MB, 1940x1940px) Image search: [Google]
freeform5.png
2MB, 1940x1940px
Oh shit is it a pig contributes thread?

Arthur Russell - World of Echo (1986)
>Ambient, Pop

Probably as bad as an album can get while still having musical merit. The themes and motifs tying the album together become incredibly wearisome by the midway point, and the effects and landscape have been more than treaded by the first 10 minutes. It’s not a genre-mixing album because it’s forward-thinking or avatgarde, but moreso because it’s unsure of where to land, drifting from dull pop to ambient to minimalism mostly out of compulsion due to lack of material. The whole disjointed effects and vocal delivery destroy the atmosphere and become headache inducing very quickly, delivering the same nauseating effect as listening through headphones as one ear intermittently cuts in and out. Is the songwriting good though? I don’t know, because I couldn’t make out a fucking sentence. The end result is 10 minutes of ideas stretched to 1 hour, with WAAAH effects used as a heavy crutch. Disappointing.

4.5 /10

Suicide - Suicide: Alan Vega and Martin Rev
Much less dark and sinister than their first album, and a more poppy and danceable effort. Their minimal synth passages remain captivating and varied, building and deconstructing simple ideas into sparce layered grooves. The lyrical accentuation and song structure, especially on the second half strike me as Lou Reed inspired, despite not being able to pin-point any specific era; perhaps it’s moreso his demeanor and attitude that come through. The synths aren’t quite as frightening sounding as their first album, opting for a more krautrock-ian electronic landscape. The songs are quite different in sound but similar in scope, with upbeat grittiness juxtaposed with light, airey beats. An enjoyable and refreshing listen all the way through.

7.0 /10
>>
>>71849222
>i'd have to fly to texas or something
You already got the trips, so you might as well. You can go to a record store with bear and I
>>
>>71849226
Hey buddy can I recommend you music?
I also don't remember if you're on rym
>>
>>71849226
>Oh shit is it a pig contributes thread?
a pig contributes thread is a thread where you dont post

>>71849048
hey look i got em >>71849222

>>71849237
>mfw even oxen / me Texas world tour
>>
>>71849261
>>mfw even oxen / me Texas world tour
I will be a roadie for that tour
>>
>>71849254
I don't usually take recs but I'm open to it. I need to really be in a certain state of mind combined with a level of intrigue for a new listen, which is why I don't do tourneys and whatnot. Feel free to shoot a rec but don't be offended if it takes me like a year to get to (or I never do). I could also listen to it tomorrow, ya never know.
>>
File: 1487977958853.png (221KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1487977958853.png
221KB, 720x540px
>>71849226
>it's a pig posts fake bad reviews episode
>>
>>71849385
it a real tho...
>>
>>71849339
Hmmmmmmmmm
Ok I rec you
Insect warfare/ the kill split EP
it's on YouTube and its like 48 seconds long so you have no excuse
>>
>>71849406
I actually listened to it after you reviewed it lel
>>
>>71849406
(also I'm ~Jangle_Bojangle on rym please favourite all my stuff)
>>
>>71849452
O cool how did you like it?
My replacement rec is Björk's tri angle records DJ set. It's over an hour long
>>
>>71849480
I don't know anything about that kind of music so I shy away from numerical ratings, but I enjoyed it for what it is.
>Björk's tri angle records DJ set
(I will probably never listen to this 2bh)
>>
>>71849567
Aw
Well it's good
Have you heard the music Yann Tiersen did for the movie Amélie?
>>
File: best review.jpg (17KB, 1007x112px) Image search: [Google]
best review.jpg
17KB, 1007x112px
I think this is my new favorite review on RYM.
>>
>>71849604
Nope, never heard anything by him.
>>
File: bubbasstypestuff.png (3MB, 2010x1372px) Image search: [Google]
bubbasstypestuff.png
3MB, 2010x1372px
Finished with this, was a fun short chart to do and I feel like it was good for exposing me to the essentials of this genre. I have a lot of RYM friends who are obsessed with this type of music, so I had to give it a try, and although I enjoyed a lot of it, I'm probably not as much of a fan as they are.

>Aqua - Aquarium

A little overly cheesy for me, also the male voice in this was unbearable to listen to

2.5/5
>Blümchen - Herzfrequenz

Fun music that makes you want to dance, but it sounds so much like typical Dance Dance Revolution (actually I think this was on DDR) music that it was hard to not be a little turned off by that

3.5/5
>>
>>71849744
You should hear that. It's very sweet and light. I listened to that Erik satie record you like once, and it reminded me of it, if you'll forgive the weak comparison
>>
>>71849766
time to go back to my black metal chart
>>
>>71849766
>the male voice in this was unbearable to listen to
I guess Candyman was too deep for you
>>
File: R-31716-1209909570.jpeg.jpg (12KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
R-31716-1209909570.jpeg.jpg
12KB, 300x300px
reviewsss

Millsart - Humana EP (1995)
>Detroit Techno

Millsart, aka Jeff Mills, presents four unusually chill, spacey techno tracks with an intro/buffer track on each side (that actually just sound like loops that could be included on longer tracks if they were only fleshed out). But the four feature-length tracks are, all in, pretty nice—pleasant at least. The tracks on the first half are pretty unremarkable, but the back half has some more interesting material. The first Untitled track starts with a beautiful string sample, but quickly cut into annoying repetition, while the second track is a high BPM beep-fest that finally packs a great thumping bass. The reverb really keeps it spacey though.

Not sure what to make of it to be honest.
>6-/10

Bash Street Kids - Fuzzyfelt (1993)
>Hardcore Breakbeat, Happy Hardcore, Acid

This is a four-track EP that feels like an eight-track EP. Each track is so long and goes through so many mutations. It’s honestly a little ridiculous, but it kind of adds to the spastic happy hardcore insanity that is this release.

It’s one of those first track is the title track is the best track type of deals, but the rest is very fantastic too. The reprise is particularly rewarding.
>8-/10

Hockey Dad - Dreamin EP (2014)
>Indie Rock, Mac Demarco-tier bullshit

“goddamn I love this 70-80's revival surf hipster shit” –Youtube commenter, on the band’s aimless, 800k-view, camcorder-aesthetic music video for their excellent song “I Need a Woman”

Unfortunately no other song on the EP is anywhere near as fun or exciting. At least they sound like they have fun making such watered down surf punk.
>6-/10

>cont.
>>
File: a2967083691_10.jpg (534KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a2967083691_10.jpg
534KB, 1200x1200px
Eerie Summer - Eerie Summer (2013)
>Indie Rock, Lo-fi, Twee

A couple a hazy lazy lo-fi bits n bobs. The emotional appeal of disaffected indie rock knows no bounds, yet again.

“Breakdown” does some really really cool things with what could be real drums and a drum machine. The real drums might just be the bass though—awful hard to tell when the whole thing sounds like it was recorded on an answering machine. Actually percussion is something this band does consistently well, among other things (short songwriting, sweet twee vocals, etc.).

I feel like Drop would love this.
>7-/10

Lil Peep & Lil Tracey - Castles (2016)
>Hip Hop, Bedroom Rap, “Emo”?

“White Wine” is really the only thing on here worth listening to. Complete with already-outmoded ironic suicidal/faux-emo lyrics—“Lord why, Lord why do I want to die?/I’mma get a Maserati just to take my life inside”—and booming soundcloud rapper production, it’s essentially flawless.
>5-/10

Telstar Drugs - Endless Straight (2014)
>Indie Rock

Angular indie rock, with a bit of a math-y, dare-I-say nearly emo vibe. There’s some fine moments on here, and a lot in between. Unlike on the band’s first record though, I can really get into the less engaging “in between” stuff here—it often has a cool, lulling, trance-like quality. The last track though, “Glass Bottle”, is basically post-punk. It almost has a Glenn Branca-esque quality to it.

>6+/10
>>
File: R-48567-1364474243-9070.jpeg.jpg (11KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
R-48567-1364474243-9070.jpeg.jpg
11KB, 300x300px
Shake - …Waiting for Russell (1998)
>Deep House, Detroit Techno

I knew I had been missing out all along by not listening to Anthony Shakir. “Arise” is such a fantastic tune. The warbling and shifting synths in the background, the murky keyboard chords, the propulsive and bombastic beat, the mixing and transitions even: every part of it is brilliant and all the parts work together ecstatically. For some reason, this track really reminds me of “Since I Left You”.

“Frictional Beat No. 4” is similarly exciting and bombastic, but a little more martial and industrial-sounding. “Stereotype” is somehow even bigger, and markedly more techno, like Frictional Beat. I love the swamped string samples on this one, and that lumbering and shuffling beat is crazy. “Detroit State of Mind”, markedly slower, loses none of the swagger. The complex paring of rhythms and melodies is still there too. Bleeding fuzz bass, twitchy drumming, and keyboard melodies aplenty make this track a standout on an EP where essentially every track is a standout.

Testament to this is every rym review of this thing having a different idea of the obvious best song of the four.
>8/10

and thats the last one
>>
File: Freeform Chart 6.png (2MB, 1560x720px) Image search: [Google]
Freeform Chart 6.png
2MB, 1560x720px
Frank Sinatra & Count Basie Orchestra - It Might as Well Be Swing (1964)
>vocal jazz, standards

I've never truly gotten into Sinatra as a singer, which makes his vocal-driven albums like In the Wee Small Hours of the Morning suffer, to me at least. He's similarly mostly unimpressive here, but Basie's orchestra is pretty on fire. The opener is one of the best renditions of a standard I've ever heard, Sinatra is much more palatable in a big band context, and Basie's band is simultaneously tight and low-key enough to never overshadow Sinatra and super bombastic and huge sounding. The production really helps the band, especially the drums, which sound exceptional. No other track reaches the heights of the opener, and some renditions are pretty flaccid, but it's quite an enjoyable, easy-listening album.

>>
File: HELP.png (5KB, 115x149px) Image search: [Google]
HELP.png
5KB, 115x149px
what's a feel for this music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLiq9PDdUJ8

and then what's some music for that feel
>>
File: Shared Chart Triangle.png (3MB, 1680x1757px) Image search: [Google]
Shared Chart Triangle.png
3MB, 1680x1757px
Hans Appelqvist - Swimming Pool (2017)
>progressive electronic, modern classical, sequencer & MIDI

Probably one of the more interesting albums I've heard in recent memory, but I still really don't like it's Human Story III-esque style of taking admittedly interesting compositions and feeding them through a MIDI sequencer. The tracks that sound organic here are really great, because Appelqvist seems to be a pretty great composer, but the more synthesizer-laden tracks are hokey, and the sound and the compositions really, horribly clash with each other. Still, I've gotta praise this for how inventive it is, and it's ultimately enjoyable no matter how scattershot it may be.

2.5+

Goodie Mob - Soul Food (1995)
>southern hip hop, conscious hip hop, political hip hop

Gonna have to echo triangle here. The lyrics and flows are all great (Cee-Lo's sing-songy flow being my favorite, possibly), but the beats are pretty standard southern stuff. Some nice hard-hitting drums and I love the soul influence, but he production is nothing to write home about. The organic sound of it is pretty great though, and this is what amplifies the greatness of the flows to classic territory. Every MC has a fire in their belly, and no matter how angry or passionate they are they all come off as really down-to-earth and more focused on the human issues of the broad social topic they're discussing rather than anything else, which is exactly what I look for in a "conscious" MC. Nice album.

3.0-
>>
File: Comfy Chart.jpg (3MB, 2040x2040px) Image search: [Google]
Comfy Chart.jpg
3MB, 2040x2040px
Real Estate - Days (2011)
>indie pop, indie rock, jangle pop

This is one of those albums that sets out to do something, accomplishes it, then goes on it's merry way without leaving any fucking impression at all. It's a very nice lazy summer afternoon album, and it's all just so goddamn /listenable/, but it's really, incredibly uninteresting. The vocalist is there, the songwriting is catchy but in the really unmemorable way, the guitar work is eh. Pretty much every aspect of this album is incredibly average which makes for an incredibly average album.

2.0+

Youth Lagoon - The Year of Hibernation (2011)
>dream pop

Just take my thoughts about the Real Estate album and apply them to this album for my thoughts. I love the vocals on this album, and it's very impressively dense-sounding for a bedroom pop record, but when it doesn't indulge itself in some pretty lovely soundscaping it's churning out some of the most offensively non-offensive songs ever written. Perfectly straddles the line between generic chillwave and generic pop, oh boy. Pretty cozy though.

Astrud Gilberto - The Astrud Gilberto Album (1965)
>bossa nova

Now /this/ is cozy. Gilberto has such a wonderful voice for bossa nova, and the arrangements are blissful to the core. Don't expect anything more than a super typical bossa album here, but it's a style I enjoy done exceptionally well, so I quite like this.

>>
>>71850549
Lots of good stuff on there. I don't think you'll like much of it though, desu
>>
>>71850736
I've got high hopes for a solid half of the chart
>>
>>71850549
If you really care about being comfy you'll substitute ( ) with Valtari

>>71850197
>I feel like Drop would love this.
I put eerie summer on a mix for him last year and he loved it
>>
RZA was fucking 10/10 in 36 chambers, why is he so shit everywhere else?

Literally doesn't sound like the same person
>>
>>71851359
>why is he so shit everywhere else?
>Wu-Tang Forever
>Ghost Dog Soundtrack
>6 Feet Deep
????
>>
>>71850450
School Internet is fucking up so I couldn't download the bobby previte album
I did listen to orchestra Harlow, hopefully I can connect to the wifi tomorrow and update the chart
>>
>>71851319
i will, actually. thanks!

>>71851581
did you still find it somewhere or do you need an upload?

also I will continue my catch up tomorrow
>>
>>71851551
>6 Feet Deep

Oh shit he was on here? Listened to it a long time ago, will revisit

Haven't listened to the other two things
>>
>>71851650
>i will, actually. thanks!
Good decision! I have many happy comfy memories with that album. On a plane, beach at night, or just in bed it always makes it comfier. I'll put it on again now.
>>
>>71851696
he's the RZArector, ya goof

And yeah 6 Feet Deep is one of my all time favorite rap albums, great stuff
>>
>>71851650
I'll let you know tomorrow if I need an upload
>>71851696
Yeh, he produced like 3 or 4 tracks
Same on liquid swords
>>
What are some good singles that aren't a part of another work? Like singles that aren't part of an album or anything
>>71851718
the only track I remember is 1-800-Suicide, which is pretty great
>>71851749
I need to relisten to liquid swords
>>
bump b4 bed
>>
what le facc
>>
File: IMG_2263.png (776KB, 594x594px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2263.png
776KB, 594x594px
Bump for best Split EP
>>
File: Fish Week.png (357KB, 1487x325px) Image search: [Google]
Fish Week.png
357KB, 1487x325px
>Macha macha macha macha macha macha...
When it works, it works. (Like on that stellar opening track, for example, or "Light the Chinese Flower".) When it doesn't, it's generic loud neo-psych that also sucks ("Buddha Nature", I'm looking at you.). But I enjoyed it. This was interesting & mostly quite nice.

>Siekiera - Nowa Alekdandria
Jams like breakfast toast. Other than that, it's actually pretty boring and normal but... - damnit... it ... it gets in your BONES! Sounded like animu battle music at times. (For example, the track "Tak dużo, tak mocno", I mean seriously.) Cool though.
>>
>>71853632
Has anyone made a fish weak joke already
>>
>>71853708
Yes.
>>
>>71853632
fkn weeb
>>
>>71852013
Nearly all PC Music
90% of bleeps
>>
bumpo
>>
Grimes is the ultimate poseur music; it allows listeners to feel and act cultured because of her "experimental" production and "different" aesthetic while simultaneously being so unchallenging and indistinguishable from radio pop that anyone can feel like they "get it".
>>
>>71855042
ok thanks
>>
>>71855042
>unchallenging and indistinguishable from radio pop
see for /daily/ THAT'S the challenging part
>>
>>71855274
>trang
hurr
>>
>>71855042
literally nobody listens to grimes because it makes them feel cultured
>>
This band Causa Sui is great, I've got a lot to say. Going to try and tie together a review of their Summer Sessions series...

>>71855042
This isn't what they meant by critical analysis
>>
>>71855894
i do
>>
>>71849803
Wishlisted.
>>
thom yorke is so scummy
>>
File: thom-yorke-shirtless.jpg (22KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
thom-yorke-shirtless.jpg
22KB, 300x300px
>>71857174
*yummy!
>>
tell me an album what to listen to plz
>>
>>71857389
Provide a genre, mood, or descriptor, pls
>>
>>71857424
i'm not in much of a particular mood desu, just feeling like listening to something new.

I guess I've been listening to a lot of singer/songwriter folky stuff and experimental/psych though
>>
>>71857476
Oh man, per my previous point check out Causa Sui - Summer Sessions Vol 1
Some super tasteful psych jam
>>
>>71857476
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/%D1%96%D0%B3%D0%BE%D1%80-%D1%86%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B2%D1%81%D1%8C%D0%BA%D0%B8%D0%B9/przyjdz-aniele/
>>
>>71857499
>>71857515
cheers, going out soon but I'll get these later
>>
File: 1487710221939.jpg (1018KB, 1672x2084px) Image search: [Google]
1487710221939.jpg
1018KB, 1672x2084px
>>
>>71858123
transgod and terminus btfo
>>
>>71858123
all metal is nu-male
useless chart
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSZ78KaaAyo
>>
>>71858123
metal? more like memetal xD
>>
>>71858123
t. nu-male
>>
>>71855042
I feel like this is a pretty old meme, but I can't remember what band it was originally referring to

>>71858123
did u make this on ur phone ?
>>
File: 1488320224649.jpg (103KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1488320224649.jpg
103KB, 750x1000px
>daily so dead not even the guaranteed replies chart can revive it

>>71860430
i would bet it was radiohead
>>
so how one gets into this /daily/ business
>>
>>71860573
like so
>>
File: forced meme meme.png (1MB, 636x475px) Image search: [Google]
forced meme meme.png
1MB, 636x475px
>>71860573
>>
File: polish.jpg (18KB, 500x252px) Image search: [Google]
polish.jpg
18KB, 500x252px
"plug"
>>
File: 1487470089980.png (336KB, 662x659px) Image search: [Google]
1487470089980.png
336KB, 662x659px
>>71860573
put something in the name field

then listen to music a lot, post about music a little, shitpost a lot
>>
Ever since I changed my name on RYM I have not had any rating weight or genre voting weight... does anyone know who I should ask about this?
>>
>>71862202
me ask me
>>
>>71862202
your conscience...
>>
File: shoopa shoopie.jpg (182KB, 1137x641px) Image search: [Google]
shoopa shoopie.jpg
182KB, 1137x641px
>>71862202
your new name must not be cool enough
>>
File: thinking.gif (1MB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
thinking.gif
1MB, 320x213px
>>71862234
damn....
>>
3rd side of tape is NUTS
>>
hooray its over
>>
>>71862615
I love the background picture, I'm gonna miss it :(
>>
File: Screenshot_20170329-180906.png (316KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170329-180906.png
316KB, 720x1280px
Plug is now on iOS and Android, now whats your excuse to not be on plug???

>>71862831
Save the image
>>
>>71862889
ayo that's a good song that's playing. My fav of theirs would be Telewizja or w/e.
>>
>>71862615
Gimme a sentence about Neubauten plox :3
>>
>>71862889
Oh nice, I might be there more often then
I probably forgot my password tho, new account I guess
>>
File: ddd.png (393KB, 1168x1106px) Image search: [Google]
ddd.png
393KB, 1168x1106px
doing stick's album next, should i also do triangle's to get one of the showoffs done?

>>71862982
Neubauten was a pretty neat industrial album. im not too big on early industrial stuff desu most of it comes off as abrasive and failed experiments, but this didn't. it was a p nice middle ground between coil's fun horse rotorvator stuff and throbbing gristle's annoying industrial/power electronics crap. Yu Gunt and Seele Brennt are my jams.

>>71863024
you know password resetting is a thing right
>>
>>71863049
>should i also do triangle's to get one of the showoffs done
sure why not
>>
File: IMG_0158.jpg (133KB, 838x505px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0158.jpg
133KB, 838x505px
>Tal National - Kano

Not a whole lot to talk about here. I liked the guitars, sounds pretty crunchy.

Random hot takes;

>Neil Young is one of the greatest songwriters ever

>J Cole is a Great Value Nas

>E2-E4 is just okay

>Listened to Long Season for the first time, its alright
>>
>>71863245
what a post
>>
back from a nice meal, have a good buzz going, going to listen to those recs now

>>71863245
yes, what are your favs?
eh J Cole is okay, pretty boring but Nas is a bit boring himself I guess
>Listened to Long Season for the first time, its alright
yes
>>
>>71863049
I'm glad you liked it! In case you want to dig deeper in their discography, I'd suggest Haus der Lüge, I'm guessing you'd like that the most
>you know password resetting is a thing right
yeah, I'll try that first, but I have no idea what email I used and if I still have access to it
I know I know, horrible account management
>>
>>71863431
Great Value means a knock-off or off-brand, so he was saying j cole is a poor man's Nas
>>
File: 03.jpg (19KB, 500x324px) Image search: [Google]
03.jpg
19KB, 500x324px
>>71863245
>>71863537
you mean he's just as good as nas, almost literally the same thing, but without the prestige?
>>
>>71849226
>It’s not a genre-mixing album because it’s forward-thinking or avatgarde, but moreso because it’s unsure of where to land, drifting from dull pop to ambient to minimalism mostly out of compulsion due to lack of material. The whole disjointed effects and vocal delivery destroy the atmosphere and become headache inducing very quickly, delivering the same nauseating effect as listening through headphones as one ear intermittently cuts in and out. Is the songwriting good though? I don’t know, because I couldn’t make out a fucking sentence. The end result is 10 minutes of ideas stretched to 1 hour, with WAAAH effects used as a heavy crutch. Disappointing.
why is shit like this tolerated here?

p.s. I'm new here
>>
Gimme like 3 albums from 2017, I'll have the first chart finished soon
>>
>>71863537
i took it to mean that, but it can kinda be a compliment as well like 'he's not as good but it's ok if you want something similar' depends what he thinks of Nas

or maybe i'm more drunk than i though
>>
>>71863629
what a post
>>
Darren Keen - It's Never Too Late to Say You're Welcome
Angelo Harmsworth / Theodore Schafer - Japanese Whisper
Six Organs of Admittance - Burning the Threshold
>>
>>71863629
because no one reads it, and because arthur russel is boring as hell
>>
>>71863709
>>71863648
>>
File: IMG_0169.png (170KB, 530x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0169.png
170KB, 530x300px
>>71863586
Do you know what Great Value is

>>71863431
Bacharach/David, Phil Ochs, Springsteen and Elverum are all personal favs

>>71863661
I did not mean it to be a compliment
>>
>>71862905
no that's marquee moon
ha ha
>>
>>71863629
It's Jangle, do not awaken the pig.
>>
File: 3797533.jpg (189KB, 585x579px) Image search: [Google]
3797533.jpg
189KB, 585x579px
p good
>>
>>71863795
i like clouds theyre alright
>>
holy shit, stick may have found some metal i like

>>71863586
haha this

>>71863484
>In case you want to dig deeper in their discography
i don't
thanks though
>>
>>71863755
>Bacharach/David, Phil Ochs, Springsteen and Elverum are all personal favs
I like Springsteen a lot too, never lsitened to Ochs though, what would you recommend? And never listened to Bacharach/David properly though I've obviously heard songs before.
>I did not mean it to be a compliment
whoops
>>
>>71863755
i'm assuming no different to the discount brands i know from my country, so that still applies?
>>
>>71863872
to take this metaphor further though 75% is a good imitation 25% is terrible
>>
>>71863901
to take it even further, name brand = posercore
>>
>>71863848
Start with either I Ain't Marching Anymore if you dig political folk a la early Bob Dylan or a more acoustic Joan Baez, or Pleasures of the Harbor (my favorite) if you're into lush baroque pop.

>>71863872
Yeah, p much. Basically I'm saying he's a cheap knock off
>>
Relistening to this, probably will check out other DJ screw for the first time afterwards

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/djmix/dj-screw/bigtyme-vol-ii-all-screwed-up/
>>
>>71864000
Generic brand: Pleb
Name brand: Patrician
Some obscure enthusiast brand that only nerds know about: Poseur
>>
>>71864000
hmm, surely luxury organic brand is poseur?
>>
>>71864132
Chinese knock-off hybrid brand: avant-teen
>>
>>71864104
I'll go for I Ain't Marching Anymore first ty
>>
>>71864123
get that chapter thirteen leanin on a switch my guy
>>
Salt Peanuts is an underrated jazz standard desu
>>
We're all going to die.
Nothing was real.
>>
>>71864435
fuckin finally
>>
>>71864435
prove it
>>
>>71849226
i know this is a legit opinion but after logic songs i just automatically assume any negative reviews of yours of an album i love is just trying to fuck with me
>>
File: 1488825278875.jpg (97KB, 550x512px) Image search: [Google]
1488825278875.jpg
97KB, 550x512px
>>71864460
good post
>>
baths are the key to contentment

also rec me a book of non-meme length, just finished A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man which was nice
>>
>>71849226
>10 minutes of ideas stretched into 1 hour
weren't you complaining about people saying this sort of thing?
>>
File: photo (1).jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
photo (1).jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
Thrifted a few CDs today.

>>71864462
It's funny because I haven't done one in like 4 months.

>>71864634
No. Reread my post.
>>
>>71863709
Did you notice my rec towards you btw?
(https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/yo-yo-bingo/static-electron/)

>tfw I'm still the only one who rated it
Cmon guys, it's great plunderphonics, idm, breakcore, vaporwave, etc.
>>
>>71864837
no but it looks faggy and fun. will peep.
>>
File: 1516858.jpg (77KB, 297x296px) Image search: [Google]
1516858.jpg
77KB, 297x296px
>triangle recs you a mexican blues rock album
>they sing in English
it's like you want to lose
>>
>>71864956
aw man i thought that record was in spanish. looked neat.
>>
>>71864956
*deletes from wishlist
>>
>>71864967
noticed you got a spot on TMT the other day, pretty neat!
>>
>>71865100
yeah i was so pumped to see that. cookcook follows me on twitter so it wasn't completely out of nowhere, but it was still amazing.
>>
>>71865100
what's a TMT

>>71864967
>>71864986
it's still pretty solid so far, and you can notice the mexican influence, especially on the less than perfect singing, but it's not an experience you couldn't find on another blues rock record
>>
>>71865209
http://www.tinymixtapes.com/
>>
>>71865244
oh wow this is a p popular website, whats the article you were on

also im just reading through the articles and realizing how out of touch i am with whats going on in the music world and im not sure if i should keep it that way
>>
>>71865306
http://www.tinymixtapes.com/chocolate-grinder/listen-mc-469-big-mood
get caught up. it's best in the long run.
>>
>>71864578
on that note
do u guys write notes in books you read for your own pleasure
i do with political writings/philosophy but with literature i feel like im defacing it unless its for class. i also have nothing to say really in that case
>>71864812
>sondre leche
wrong trip
>>
>>71864956
>It's like you want to lose
>isn't upset about all the canuck recs

a lot of the bands in the Mexican psych scene sang in English, it was the popular style of the time.
At least I recced something from a distinguished culture *cough cough* canuckland
>>
>>71865340
>do u guys write notes in books you read for your own pleasure
no unless its for class so that i can keep track of important stuff

>>71865349
>isn't upset about all the canuck recs
who said i wasn't im very angry i picked so many amerifats
yeah i know that was the popular style but ya know it wouldve been nice

>>71865329
shit thats pretty cool, so is chocolate grinder just spam posting obscure tracks the tmt guys like?

nice, jel got featured too, thats so cool
>>
>>71865349
Soviet Canuckistan has a long and dignified culture of alcoholism and electing stupid people, thanks
>>
>>71865329
http://www.tinymixtapes.com/eureka

ugh
>>
>>71865420
>it wouldve been nice
I'm not familiar with too many Mexican artists unfortunately.

I decided to go with what sounded better vs if they sang in spanish

check out dug dug if you want some Spanish-singing blues https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGFkuPgAgmU
>>
>>71865420
chocolate grinder is pretty much whatever new obscure stuff the staff finds that is neat.
>>
>>71864812
fUCK
I don't have that EP:(
Awesome find dude
>>
>>71865340
It was 50 cents, I figured it would be worth the nut that nyar will bust when he sees it.
>>
>>71865486
>>71865496
:^)
>>
>>71865496
>It was 50 cents

ree
>>
>>71865340
how DARE you piggyback off my post and not rec me a book

And nah I don't
>>
>>71862889
This is a game changer
>>
File: ddd.png (393KB, 1168x1106px) Image search: [Google]
ddd.png
393KB, 1168x1106px
i wish i didnt depend so much on her :/

i also wish i weren't so bad at writing reviews

>Stick (USA / Canada)
>Cryptopsy - None So Vile
now, i'm not a metal guy. if it's not 80s thrash metal, black sabbath, or liturgy i most likely won't like it. consider yourself lucky, stick, because you managed to find something that doesn't fit under either of those three categories and i still really liked it. i'm not fan of this dumb guttural voice they do in brutal metal stuff and frankly i dont see the appeal of it, like i can understand most of the growling and hissing and whatever other techniques metal singers use but guttural sounds i just can't stand too much. maybe it's too kvlt for me or im not numale enough. anyway, this was super fun and intense, all the players (especially that drummer) were on top almost always delivering some high quality tech death shit (i might have to add tech death metal to the list of meals i like, after this and gorguts). it also made for some really heavy workout music, especially when i like to match my running or whatever i'm doing to the bpm of the music i'm listening to.

stick, you got lucky, and i recommend you don't press your luck again
7-

>Triangle cubed (USA / Mexico)
La Revolución de Emiliano Zapata - s/t
you already heard me complain about it being in english. onto the real issues. for the most part it's kinda basic bluesy psych rock, doesn't stand out too much but it never goes anywhere near dadrock levels of mediocrity. you can tell it's mexican though, there's a little bit of audible local influence and the vocalist has less than great english grammar skills (listen to how he says 'mountain' on "at the foot of the mountain", funny stuff) which add a bit of charm and personality to what would've been a passable release. i'd definitely recommend it for someone who likes late 60s and early 70s psych/blues rock music, it ain't your average dadrock record for sure, but it still has its boring moments.

6+
>>
>>71865748
im reading naked lunch right now so read that
>>
File: Freeform Chart 6.png (2MB, 1560x720px) Image search: [Google]
Freeform Chart 6.png
2MB, 1560x720px
Fleet Foxes - Sun Giant (2008)
>indie folk, chamber folk, americana

The progressive sound of Helplessness Blues and the new "Third of May / Ōdaigahara" single is really the only sound of this band I enjoy. Being that every track here clocks under five minutes, the band flexes their poppier, simpler muscles here, and it makes for a really vanilla EP. Now the Fleet Foxes are pretty standard and vanilla even at their most progressive, inspired moments, but this takes it to a new level. I don't like their harmonies at all, and while the arrangements might be nice, the lovely "Mykonos" is the only track that fully embraces the sheer power the arrangements have in their more bombastic moments. The other tracks are far too low-key and subtle, which is not this band's strong suit. I hope their next album is a progressive baroque folk album, because that seems to be the only thing they can do well.

>>
bump you lazy fucks
>>
>>71865959
frick, well I saw that comin'

>>71866140
yo start thinkin' bout what album u wanna rec me on the 31st
>>
>>71867139
oh ye, what exactly do you wanna do again?
>>
>>71867391
rec me sumthin you like
I'll rec you sumthin I like

1 album drone basically
>>
File: Another Backlog.png (1MB, 3500x2200px) Image search: [Google]
Another Backlog.png
1MB, 3500x2200px
Whew, busy week. Drove to LA, worked for two days, hauled all the way back to San Diego for today’s shift and have been preparing for an interview I have scheduled for tomorrow. So I’m exhausted and haven’t heard much music recently. Anyway...

Mac Dre - Young Black Brotha
>West Coast Hip-Hop, Mobb Music

Damn, this shit is tight. I’m typically not too big on the Bay scene but early Mobb Music stuff like this has been growing on me. The beats are funky and hard, with Khayree adding such nice touches on production. There’s the classic synths, record scratches and bouncy bass all over this. It feels weirdly like a mesh of LA & East coast production styles - with the funk influence feeling super LA but the scratches and subtle jazzier moments sounding more NY. Or maybe I’m overthinking it, idk just something I thought of when listening.

Anyway, Mac Dre is an awesome rapper. He isn’t anywhere as goofy on here as Dreganomics, focusing on more traditional rap topics. His flow isn’t nearly as eccentric either, sounding a lot mellower and old school. A few times, he resorts to adding “-izzle” to pretty much every rhyme (“On My Toes”) which feels a bit gimmicky and starts to get annoying after a while. But aside from that, there aren’t any big lyrical issues. On a few songs on the second half, he raps through this weird echo filter (“My Chevy”) that somehow makes these songs sound even tighter.

“California Livin” and “I’m n Motion” are both so damn good too - basically everything I like about west coast hip-hop.

Triangle, you might appreciate this if you haven't heard it already

3.5/5
>>
guys quick what are some bands with parentheses in their name (other than sunno)
>>
>>71867735
Co)))trane
>>
>>71867580
alright nice i'll think of something

>>71867693
m a g n o l i a

>>71867735
(həd) p.e.
Was (Not Was)
>>
>>71867780
Good choice, I'll probably scope that out tonight/tomorrow! I've been looking forward to that one for a long time.
>>
>>71867735
(((Bob Dylan)))
>>
>>71867780
>(həd) p.e.
SEE MEEE
I'M STILL STANDINNN
I MIGHT BE BLEEDINNNN
BUT I'M STILL BREATHINNNNNN
>>
File: nat+triangle shared chart.png (3MB, 1680x1757px) Image search: [Google]
nat+triangle shared chart.png
3MB, 1680x1757px
Bobby Previte - The 23 Constellations of Joan Miro
>Avant-Garde Jazz
23 songs that are both too short and do way too much.
Let me explain. None of the ideas on this record are given much time for any real expression, and considering this is a jazz album, I find that to be a major fault. It's like their all just slightly expanded intros from right before the artists start to solo, but nope, no solos, just 2 minutes of tooting one little theme and then were done.
But maybe I should thank my lucky stars the songs weren't longer. I swear they try to smush every possible instrument and genre into every song on this record. Wouldn't surprise me if a bagpipe appeared halfway through. Theres no room to breathe and there's no reason for all this style blending if the core of the tune isn't good.

Orchestra Harlow - El Exigente
>Boogaloo, Salsa
Very fun, bright, and exciting music. Would be a bomb to dance to (if I knew how).
Percussion breaks were tight af. But as with a lot of salsa records, the songs kind of all blend together and there isnt much that stands out.
The tracks that found that perfect medium between motown funk and more traditional salsa rhythms were definitely my faves.

Rhythm & Sound - Rhythm & Sound w/ The Artists
>Dub, Ambient Dub
I was really excited for this, and for the most part it didn't disappoint.
The bass sounds on this were so fucking good, and all the elements of the music meshed so perfectly. None of the singers disrupted the hypnotic tones of the music and really helped elevate it.
I gravitate more towards the less ambient, more rhythmic tracks though. And if I had one major complaint about this record is that it really doesn't do much once it sets into that groove.
I never got tired of the songs or thought they expired too early, but I found it easy to divert my attention after a while let's say.

>>
>>71868329
best meme ITT
>>
3MB, 1680x1757px
Bobby Previte - The 23 Constellations of Joan Miró (2001)
>avant-garde jazz, ambient

Such a massive improvement over his earlier, more standard works. I've never heard denser, more full-sounding jazz in my life, there are so many things going on at once but everything meshes together perfectly. It's a bit weak compositionally because the shortness of the tracks makes a lot of the tracks seem like half-baked ideas, but as a cohesive experience it's lovely.

3.0+

Orchestra Harlow - El exigente (1967)
>boogaloo, salsa

Takes a minor dive in the second half when it switches to English and gets a bit more distinctly American-sounding, with heavier influnces from rock and R&B, but it stays consistently groovy throughout and the first half is a fucking monster. The genre of "boogaloo" just implies something incredibly fun, and that's certainly what this album presents, a groovy as fuck album that never lays off. I listened to one track while writing and by the end of the track I was writing about ten times faster than I was at the start, that's how infectious this album is.

3.0-
>>
>>71868329
oy vey
>>
File: fa076f40.jpg (239KB, 807x792px) Image search: [Google]
fa076f40.jpg
239KB, 807x792px
guys i can't stop listening to Them Changes pls send help
>>
>>71868445
overall I've really enjoyed doing this chart!
This was a neat formula and I wanna do it again for next month soooooo....

first person to respond to this post (that isn't transgod) can do a shared chart with me for April
>>
>>71868445
oh wow we both had the same criticism for previte but that really fucking killed it for you

and i got you to like a basic channel record!!!
>>
>>71868445
>>71868527
le mao

2 slow boi
>>
>>71868527
wow I had the exact opposite reaction to the density of the tracks

maybe it's just cause I am sick and grumpy but it was just too much for me.

joan miro deserves better
>>
>>71868559
>>71868595
>oh wow we both had the same criticism
prolly the first thing on this chart we totally disagreed on

>i got you to like a basic channel record!!!
I think basic channel are neat
I was only memeing that one time
>>
>>71868540
it's a great song

only song i like on that ep but still

>>71868547
damn fun chart, nice picks!!

>>71868630
>prolly the first thing on this chart we totally disagreed on
almost gave it a 3.5, fun fact

glad you actually don't hate basic channel btw
>>
>>71868775
>I was only memeing that one time
good
>>
File: blackmetal.png (4MB, 1672x1008px) Image search: [Google]
blackmetal.png
4MB, 1672x1008px
Relistened to DJ Screw Vol 2, absolutely loved it (4/5 -> 4.5/5). Also relistened to System of a Down's S/T and Carrie & Lowell, both which stayed the same (both 3.5/5).

>Blasphemy - Fallen Angel of Doom....

The production of this was god awful, which at times added tremendously, but at other times it was a negative. Overall, the whole thing sounded really evil, and it was enjoyable

3.5/5
>>
File: 1486731515438.png (103KB, 196x320px) Image search: [Google]
1486731515438.png
103KB, 196x320px
Any non-transgod person wanna do a shared chart for April
>>
>>71869131
>>71868595
.... is this a meme?
>>
>>71869131
is it gonna be all russian noise rock shit
>>
>>71869235
I was going to say that anyway, but your post reminded me that I should have a non-transgod disclosure

>>71869247
50% that and 50% "other"
>>
>>71869235
>>71869235
>>71868547
fuck, linked to the wrong post

>>71869272
I meant why don't we share a chart..?
since we are both looking to do so ya know
>>
>>71869295
I thought nat already called dibs on a second round by responding to you
>>
>>71869313
I should have said no nats, it was implicit
plus I think he was just responding to my "I like the current chart" comment

either way, no second courses
we can team up if you like
>>
>>71869313
>>71869351
oh yeah i was just responding to liking the chart

no second round for me my man
>>
>>71869351

That works, then. Do you have an April calendar already or should I find one?
>>
>>71869389
I can make one tomorrow
>>
File: lumonics.jpg (170KB, 897x864px) Image search: [Google]
lumonics.jpg
170KB, 897x864px
/daily/ light?
Lumonics?

Light a path
Swim and sail

Threads are lighthouses?
>>>/lit/6962023
https://warosu.org/lit/thread/S6956870#p6962023

Tomorrow's Internet Stars Today

In creatively translating what is being touched inside of themselves into a communicable language, the artist taps into forms, vibrations, and realizations that exist in the formless, atemporal realm – a dimension existing “outside of time” – that are waiting to be discovered, formulated, and brought forth at the right moment

These moments are not flukes, or momentary delusion, or insanity. These moments of opening or awakening to a higher awareness, are in fact normal, healthy and profoundly desirable experiences and are in many ways the most important events of a conscious life

People make this mistake, you see. We think that there is a finite quantity of love we have to give, and by pouring it into someone or something, we reduce the amount we have available for other applications.

But it doesn't work that way.

Love reproduces out of love, and the more love you give, the more you have to give

>>67156798
https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S67156672#p67156798
>>
Ay I just made a new Twitter bc my old one had personal info and I wanna use it now follow @triplealias I promise I wont tweet about Fishmans
>>
File: Say Something Loving.jpg (128KB, 1855x1028px) Image search: [Google]
Say Something Loving.jpg
128KB, 1855x1028px
>>71869428
>Love reproduces out of love, and the more love you give, the more you have to give

Say Something Loving
youtu.be/Rh2uNrIgGf4
>>
File: 1485942553209.png (144KB, 508x328px) Image search: [Google]
1485942553209.png
144KB, 508x328px
>>71869424

Alright then, sounds good to me
>>
File: 1489533276609.gif (457KB, 390x293px) Image search: [Google]
1489533276609.gif
457KB, 390x293px
>>71869428
imagine trying this hard to be quirky
>>
>>71869495
I friggin' love kelly
>>
3MB, 1680x1757px
triangle if you haven't heard Uptown Saturday Night i'll rec you that

Rhythm & Sound - Rhythm & Sound w/ the Artists (2003)
>dub

I want an incredible sound system simply to play this, the bass is fucking astounding. The rest of the album could be shit but it wouldn't matter since the bass is just so pounding, it's deep enough that it pierces your goddamn soul. I guess that's what happen when you have Basic Channel produce dub. The vocalists are all really nice, and all the dub songs are great, but like triangle said the more ambient tracks miss a lot of what makes both dub and Basic Channel great. There are only a few tracks like these, and the rest of the album is great, so it's a really good listen as a whole.

3.0+

this is my thousandth 3.0 rating!
>>
i can't fucking stop watching this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxG4xQzaD78
>>
File: 1477727523628.jpg (21KB, 152x254px) Image search: [Google]
1477727523628.jpg
21KB, 152x254px
>>71869572
>>
>>71867693
>>71869600
I've got so much good hip hop to listen to
>>
Can someone explain to me the hate on Carrie & Lowell?
>>
>>71869886
white man sings sadly about his dead mom
>>
File: Fluxyest.jpg (230KB, 1855x1028px) Image search: [Google]
Fluxyest.jpg
230KB, 1855x1028px
>>71869497

A true work of art invites us into an intimate relationship not only with the work of art, but with ourselves as well. For the purpose of art is not to entertain us, medicate us and make us feel better, but to liberate us and reveal our intrinsic freedom. Art is therefore a unique manifestation of the divine in which we are invited to participate, a life-changing act in which IT manifests through us and we, and our world, become transformed in the process
>>
File: 1489093508432.png (220KB, 400x384px) Image search: [Google]
1489093508432.png
220KB, 400x384px
>>71869886
I'm not a hater, but... personally, the songs didn't blow me away. The only incredibly memorable song after a few listens was 'Shadow of the Cross'. The style was kind of trite and overdone at best anyway. And sometimes it seems like everyone is just circlejerking over the background of the album—Sufjan's mom's death. If you already are pretty ambivalent on the whole album, it's easy to get pissed at everyone hyping it for seemingly extra-musical reasons.

You might say that's stupid—and while you wouldn't be right, you'd be very not wrong
>>
>>71869914
What about smug anime girls
>>
>>71870049

"Dont be normal, normal is boring. Be Extraordinary!"
>>
File: its.png (2MB, 3136x1996px) Image search: [Google]
its.png
2MB, 3136x1996px
Fuck, I'm back after god damn months without a laptop. Have I missed anything?
Is this tourney still have any kind of relevance?
>>
>>71869428
>>71869914
>>71870191
this is from the label on dr. bronner's, right?
>>
File: ideasphere.jpg (35KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ideasphere.jpg
35KB, 500x500px
>>71870191

You are the unexpected magical element –the creative alchemist, mixing geometries, palettes and sound with the surprising and ever revealing artistry of your own consciousness. By trusting the “hidden reserves” of your own mind, emotions and soul to creatively guide your experience here, you will receive that which is uniquely appropriate for you
>>
>>71870285
Welcome back dood
>>
>>71870285
>I'm not winning
it's irrelevant
>>
File: Abstract.jpg (60KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
Abstract.jpg
60KB, 612x612px
>>71870298

Itz from the internet

The essence of a work of art” is to be found “in its rising above the personal and speaking from the mind and heart of the artist to the mind and heart of mankind.”
>>
File: koombat2015.png (4MB, 2850x1680px) Image search: [Google]
koombat2015.png
4MB, 2850x1680px
i know I'm not really talkin to anyone here and just posting shitty reviews by myself but i wish i had started visiting these threads earlier, this is the best place on /mu/

i thought it was just shitposting cus I looked only at the first posts in a thread here 6 months ago

Kara-Lis Coverdale and LXV - Sirens
>Ambient, Drone

I immediately took a liking to this the momeny Tunnel Vision began. The influences from Tim Hecker's Virgins are obvious, because LXV actually collaborated on that album with Hecker himself. He and Coverdale (who already created her own ambient/experimental music) seem to clash head on throughout the album, but not in a deleterious manner. They create textures that weave around each other, switching between order and chaos on a whim. It's a successful combination of electronic and classical composition. The collagist and the arranger, trading ideas in an abstract conversation, filling up the album's corners to ensure any and all thoughts are being displayed; a maximalist album for sure.

You could describe the album solely as an attempt at creating "angelic sounds"-- and while that sounds like a formula for another mediocre major-chord drone album, they keep it interesting with the diversity of samples. It's really hard to not continue comparing it to Virgins or Replica or R Plus Seven, especially when the LXV and Coverdale both aimed to focus on virtual communication during its creation. Hell, much like OPN, LXV also cites YouTube as a great place for his samples.

I have yet to grow tired of producer vs. composer albums yet, like Mica Levi and Oliver Coates' recent album Remain Calm. Would recommend you give this album a listen if you like anything ambient.

>Standout tracks: Disney, Buffering Landscape

8/10
>>
His lyrics are good but his songs are fucking boring.

Yeh

>E2-E4 is just okay
I like it lots but not for everyone

>Listened to Long Season for the first time, it's alright
Yes
>>
>>71870581
I agree with all of these responses.
>>
>>71870459
I should probably check that out. Sounds interesting and I have a boner for hecker and opn. Check out Kuedo next. Very solid ep.
>>
>>71870609
Just realized I already listened to Severant by Kuedo, and I liked that so I'll def check his EP next
>>
File: opiumdenAD.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
opiumdenAD.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
>>71863245
>>71870581

J Cole is like milk someone leaves in the fridge and it expires and the only reason anyone pays it any attention is because it's smelling up the kitchen

I don't see the Nas comparison at all, J Cole isn't a very good storyteller or lyricist

>>71863431
>Nas is a bit boring himself

Oh lawd I'm triggered
>>
>>71870689
It's a departure from severant for sure. It's very dark and atmospheric but that's what I love about it.
>>
>new Aaron Dilloway next month
o boi im hyped
>>
File: IMG_1972.jpg (50KB, 879x749px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1972.jpg
50KB, 879x749px
>>71870877
I'm almost done listening to it and

Yes

I think I'm going to listen through all of Kuedo's discography now this is good shit
>>
>>71871039
Glad you liked it.

I'd be interested in your opinion of Slow Knife. Mine wasn't very positive. I'm not sure if I've listened to his other stuff or his earlier projects.
>>
File: koombat2015.png (4MB, 2850x1680px) Image search: [Google]
koombat2015.png
4MB, 2850x1680px
>>71871102
I'll give it a listen since I already wrote the review

----

Kuedo - Assertion of a Surrounding Presence
>Footwork, Prog Electronic, UK Bass or somethin

I think the album art and first sounds of this album easily set a good environment for where the album would take place, like a story. So I thought it was fitting to do a track by track review.

Vertical Stack opens the album with drones of a twitching synth, which soon turns into wails. The trap-influenced track Border State Collapse feels like running through the underbellies of an industrial ghetto, set in an Eastern country. Boundary Regulation follows, slower paced but harder hitting, with a sense of worried urgency. Case Type Classification is a percussive, grinding interlude, with what sounds kind of like a violin bow pulled across metal-- it travels methodically, the lives of those living in the mechanical underbellies of a towering landscape.

Eyeless Angel Intervention picks things back up with a demonic choir and pulling from footwork-- the name of the track forces me to imagine some sort of looming, sacred and evil entity. Event Tracking Across Populated Terrain lets tense cinematic strings fade in out to the foreign bells from Border State Collapse. Cellular Perimeter ends the album with rapid-fire cymbals and blasts of static, which give away to distant transcendent voices and bells.

A very solid EP. Makes me wonder if it could have been even better if it was given time to develop as a full-length, but perhaps it would have felt too drawn out.

7/10
>>
Good
morning
>>
>>71872463
mornings are the most tiring part of the day.
>>
File: Tourney V.png (4MB, 3870x3790px) Image search: [Google]
Tourney V.png
4MB, 3870x3790px
All nice recs actually, glad I did this tie.

Scratch Acid - Scratch Acid (Terminus)
Amazing. Great guitars, the use of post-punk fits pretty good, but the vocals are hecking incredible.

Girl Band - France 98 (theSound)
Pretty good for modern post-punk. Liked noisy parts bit more than their regular post-punk sound though.

Oval - Szenariodisk (Jangle&Bojangle)
An entertaining glitch thing. I wouldn't mind hearing something similar to "Episonik" (glitchy but with a general motif nonetheless).

Terminus' EP rec influences his overall score enough to advance him to the next round instead of Jangle. Rec me an album!

You can still hecking bet, if you want to be mini-droned or something idk:
1) Terminus (Terminus)
2) Shamepai (Kanzler)
3) s (gfr)
>>
>>71873315
i have no idea who is still in this
>>
>>71873426
It's Letov, Tuco, Shamepai, s and Terminus
>>
File: Fish Week.png (352KB, 1487x325px) Image search: [Google]
Fish Week.png
352KB, 1487x325px
Osipov State Russian Folk Orchestra - Balalaika Favorites
Phemonal recording quality. Wonderful instrumentation and playing. Very exciting and dynamic overall. Great compositions and musicianship all over. Highly recommended. 8/10. Also features a really snazzy rendition of the Tetris theme! Wow!
>>
File: Fish Week.png (340KB, 1487x325px) Image search: [Google]
Fish Week.png
340KB, 1487x325px
>>71873638
>I put 7 instead of 8.
>And saved the image and don't have an old copy.
Oops.
>>
>>71850197
you're right, lookhttps://rateyourmusic.com/collection/pordish/stag/9.5/
>>71851319
<3
>>
File: bread cat.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
bread cat.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
helo

>>71873315
qB^)

Technical Space Composers Crew - Canaxis 5

im p sure this appeals to several of yr musical fetishes so if this aint winning idek
>>
>>71869428
>In creatively translating what is being touched inside of themselves into a communicable language, the artist taps into forms, vibrations, and realizations that exist in the formless, atemporal realm – a dimension existing “outside of time” – that are waiting to be discovered, formulated, and brought forth at the right moment
i.e. "art is the art of novelty" - some quote AMG sent me once, p true from a historical perspective
>We think that there is a finite quantity of love we have to give
i don't see that but trying to be optimistic and kind's probably a pretty damn good idea
>>71869914
thats not art tho thats religion. quit it with your sanic fingerpaintings and stop being a heathen
>>71869497
>not being quirky
>>71869131
i-i wouldnt have wanted to anyways baka!
>>
File: backlog chart 5 2016 edition.png (2MB, 2338x1372px) Image search: [Google]
backlog chart 5 2016 edition.png
2MB, 2338x1372px
Aria Rostami - Agnys
A pleasant sound, interesting rhythms on "A Square Tablet Strewn With Dust", "Clyepsydra". The production is pretty ok too. The rest of the songs are a bit dull though and the general composing approach could be more complicated.

Massive Attack - Ritual Spirit
The comparisons with Radiohead are understandable, especially in s/t track and "Dead Editors" (which are still p ok btw). Still, "Take It There" managed to sound more Massive Attack and I liked it the most.

Lumisokea - Transmissions From Revarsavr
Not the most entertaining album, yet at least it's not as stereotypical as most industrial techno. The general structure of tracks is rather dull, although the sound itself is somewhat original and interesting.
>>
>>71873315
What the flip this is rigged
>>
/daily/ on life support
>>
>>71876284
Revive it with fresh memes?
>>
>>71873315
The robot will win
>>
File: 20170329_075728.png (455KB, 719x723px) Image search: [Google]
20170329_075728.png
455KB, 719x723px
>>71876401
Post el
>>
Hello, friends.
>>
>>71876754
post meme or gtfo
>>
File: 1490890006528.jpg (143KB, 500x584px) Image search: [Google]
1490890006528.jpg
143KB, 500x584px
>>71876765
You like this, faggot?
>>
>>71876754
hi sup whats good whats poppin whats bool
>>
File: loss.png (181KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
loss.png
181KB, 612x612px
>>
>>71873747
Go figure
>>
so are you guys nazis or what? and if not why are you on a nazi image board?
>>
>>71877570
remove spooks ree
>why are you on a nazi image board?
subversion
>>
File: letov + triangle shared chart.png (2MB, 1672x1724px) Image search: [Google]
letov + triangle shared chart.png
2MB, 1672x1724px
letov, pick a color and add your name, your albums, and your rating system.

here's what I picked:
Big Daddy Kane - Long Live the Kane
VA - Bambara Mystic Soul: The Raw Sound of Burkina Faso 1974-1979
Leo Soileau - The Early Recordings of Leo Soileau
Sundar Popo - Come Dance With the Champ
VA - Gipsy Rhumba: The Original Rhythm of Gipsy Rhumba in Spain 1965-1974
Rev. Louis Overstreet - An Evening With Rev. Louis Overstreet
Hank Mobley - No Room for Squares
Augustus Pablo - Rockers Meets King Tubbys in a Fire House
Big L - Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous
Fenton Robinson - Somebody Loan Me a Dime
Charanjit Singh - Synthesizing: Ten Ragas to a Disco Beat
The Devil's Anvil - Hard Rock From the Middle East
VA - Folk and Pop Sounds of Sumatra, Vol. 1
Crying Sam Collins - Jail House Blues
Monguito Santamaria - Hey Sister!
>>
>>71866024
ty been meaning to read it

>>71878294
>Rev Louis Overstreet
ya better get hyped
>>
File: 1488325248237.png (44KB, 253x176px) Image search: [Google]
1488325248237.png
44KB, 253x176px
/dead/
>>
>>71879131
rip
>>
>>71879131
Once i drop some mad tourney reviews in a few we wont be dead anymore
>>
>>71879414
boi he bout to do it
>>
>>71878294
I'll have it up by tonight, I'm a bit busy at the moment

>>71873315
Plot twist: It refers to Sergey, not Egor
>>
>>71879692
np, no rush
>>
>>71879131
cool image.
>>
>>71879131
i like this image quite a bit.
>>
>>71879758
>>71879771
:0
>>
>>71879780
this is actually exactly how that meme started
>>
File: photo (2).jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
photo (2).jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
Is it cool to take CDs out from the library?
>inb4 "not those CDs"
>>
>>71879943
my copy of officium is also a used library copy lol
btw it's a pretty bad album
>>
>>71879961
Eh, I'll figure that out when I listen to it. I think I'm going to start taking CDs out at random and blind listening to them; my library has a pretty sweet jazz and classical collection.
These ones are mostly for studying for exams.
>>
>>71879943
see these nuts
>>
File: ddd.png (391KB, 1168x1106px) Image search: [Google]
ddd.png
391KB, 1168x1106px
shit..... sdc is screwed...

>Shamepai (Venezuela [lol], Brazil)
>Metá Metá - MM3
imagine if niechec and mouse on the keys weren't bad, and were also brazilian. that's pretty much MM3. it's some really, really amazing avantgarde / jazz fusion music with beautiful female vocals (i must say, brazilian is becoming one of my favorite languages for singing!). they never miss a beat in the 40 minutes it lasts, it's definitely in my top three 2016 releases now.

8+

shit, i know i said i'd write reviews but..... my creativity is dead and im not good in the first place...

>Jangle & Bojangle (Canada [lmao], USA)
>Prince Lasha - Firebirds
i don't know if this is a controversial opinion or not, but i'll get made fun of it either way. FUCK vibraphones in jazz. maybe that was a bit too harsh, theyre actually p ok but ya know i don't like how the vibraphone sound meshes with the other jazz instruments, i just feel like it's out of place the whole time. Everyone else besides bobby is fairly on point tho. prince and sonny got that good interplay with their saxes, buster really busts out some good bass solos, and charles is sadly kinda left out of the spotlight since he was mixed kinda low, which is a shame because he does some nice things sometimes. speaking of bad mixing, some of the performances are cut short abruptly. not too bothered by it but come on man. title track is p on point, the others are good too but ya know, vibraphone man makes them kinda awkward for me.

next time, remember to not give me vibrajazz

>>71880025
>These ones are mostly for studying for exams.
hope you enjoy listening to chill choral music suddenly ruined by garbarek's insanely loudly mixed saxophone wanking over it
>>
File: muddynose_pigger.jpg (87KB, 823x549px) Image search: [Google]
muddynose_pigger.jpg
87KB, 823x549px
>>71880293
>FUCK vibraphones in jazz
I D I O T
D
I
O
T
>>
Surface might be my favorite P-Model album now.
>>
File: N89I8Sk.jpg (128KB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
N89I8Sk.jpg
128KB, 1280x718px
ey boys
any good new meme albums past few months i missed

>>71879131
almost but not quite
>>
File: bold.png (100KB, 254x234px) Image search: [Google]
bold.png
100KB, 254x234px
>>71880293
>FUCK vibraphones
>rated Alan Lee Jazz Quartet a 4 on rym
>>
>>71860573
you post for a week then leave for 3 months then come back for a week rinse repeat until it eventually will die (lets hope)
>>
>>71880555
there are of course exceptions baka
plus ...and friends is far from the average jazz album

>>71880361
im ok with being and idiot if it means i don't have to listen to bad jazz
>>
so many poseurs in one thread
>>
>>71880706
woop woop mufugga
>>
>>71880706
this is where they stay so that they don't flood to the rest of the board and ruin your discussions about death grips and anco
>>
>>71880755
fuck off. I don't listen to that shit I listen to real shit. Kanye motherfucker.
>>
>>71880804
sorry, my bad. have a nice day
>>
>>71880804
kanye is like a little girl
listen to real shit. get down with the clown nigga
>>
File: the-supreme-shitposters.jpg (2MB, 1800x1800px) Image search: [Google]
the-supreme-shitposters.jpg
2MB, 1800x1800px
bumping with OC
>>
File: a3295533671_0.jpg (2MB, 1800x1800px) Image search: [Google]
a3295533671_0.jpg
2MB, 1800x1800px
>>71880933
since you pleb fucks probably don't get it, here's the original

and here's where you can listen to the whole album:
https://supremejubilees.bandcamp.com/
>>
>>71881012
I still don't get it
>>
>>71881070
Your body is growing
You will get hairy
Your puny voice will start to change
And your no-no place will feel a bit strange
>>
does anyone have the daily suicide op meme pls and thx
>>
>>71881234
is that the one where you commit suicide?
>>
>>71879943
yes but only those CDs

>>71880550
not really

>>71880933
>>71881012
At least you have to appreciate the resolution of these daily OP pics

>>71881234
yes
>>
>>71881328
yes thats why i want it SOON tm
>>
>>71881343
>>71881234
nvm im done
>>
>>71877421

nice shoop

is this a thing never heard of it
youtube?
>>
File: jim jazz.png (721KB, 1680x448px) Image search: [Google]
jim jazz.png
721KB, 1680x448px
>the motifs - cross paths
holy fuck the songs! there are so many, and they're all so good! also i'm a sucker for lo-fi and organs and major 7ths so this shit caters to me so hard. max comfy, could definitely go up in the future

tfw jim jazz murders you with his taste
>>
>>71881721
inb4 you dont like plays well

what do you think "plays well" means?
>>
>>71881234
yeah wait, how was in charge of the daily site/mega folders? I'm surprised it doesn't have the suicide OP pic
>>
>>71881776
he's playing a well in a skillful manner
>>
>>71881721
good opinion
>>71881776
I always thought that title was pretty funny for the very reason you're implying
>>
>>71881721
sex me :}
>>
>>71881802
>he's playing a well in a skillful manner
he's not playing a well, and he's also not playing well....
no one has told you this is good youre in for a fun surprise

>>71881810
thats why i like the name so much
>>
>>71881978
>he's also not playing well
lies
>>
>>71881978
i mean it looks like a free improv release
>>71881846
>>
mane the new bread
>>
>>71882137
k
>>
File: 20170330_174358.png (630KB, 719x732px) Image search: [Google]
20170330_174358.png
630KB, 719x732px
So....... what happened, /daily/?
>>
>>71882174
she has intimacy issues
>>
>>71882137
>>
>>71882174
he pooped out he dicke
>>
>>71882205
>>71882205
>>71882205
AWS rulez d00d edition
>>
>>71882174
her boobers slouched down to her knees
>>
>>71882174
she's a vampore that's why his duck is full of holes now
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 83

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.