[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For the people that have large libraries, how do you keep track

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1258.jpg (2MB, 5007x2454px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1258.jpg
2MB, 5007x2454px
For the people that have large libraries, how do you keep track of what you've listened to? What meathod do you use? I've heard pen and paper method , I've heard using cells in excel. Just wondering on ideas that might work for me
>>
good memeory
>>
last.fm

About the only thing it's good for anymore.
>>
>>71842128
RYM
>>
>>71842151
Not everyone is rainman
>>71842153
Do I have to scrobble everything?>>71842156
I've been using this so far but there are things not on there I'll have to add my hand
>>
>>71842128
>find something I want to listen to
>download it on slsk
>add it to my "Unlistened" folder
>get round to listening to it
>it scrobbles (I repeat music/listen to favs on a different player that doesn't scrobble)
>check last.fm every couple of days
>rate anything I didn't rate at the time on RYM
>add it to my google spreadsheets of albums listened to this year (I'm aiming for 1000)

Now I've written it out it sounds kinda autistic but it works for me
>>
I just put things haven't listened to yet in my 'backlog' playlist on MusicBee and remove them once I have.
>>
>>71842711
I think john peel was on par with this
>>
Anyone use aimp2 and just toggle off what you've listened to?
>>
>>71842711
Oh, and obviously move it out of the unlistened folder to the artist folder once I've listened to it
>>
last.fm mainly
also I've got a nice system going where I'll only download album art upon first listening to an album (seeing as I download it via the foo_run extension)

anyway, if you don't remember listening to something then either you haven't listened to it or it's probably worth listening to again
>>
Boy in da Corner is not hip-hop
>>
>>71842975
Didn't make the chart just used it because I have nothing else to use
>>
>>71843025
I just remembered scruffi called this hip hop . It's on his list http://www.scaruffi.com/music/hiphop.html
>>
>>71842189
Just add it to their database then, it keeps everything in one place and you help out the RYM community by expanding the database.
>>
iTunes bitches

>Using silent clips to replicate the pause inbetween vinyl sides
>manual playcount logging when switching computers
>how can one person be so patrish
>magic
>>
File: 1462599574576.jpg (5KB, 261x114px) Image search: [Google]
1462599574576.jpg
5KB, 261x114px
>>71843628
>Using silent clips to replicate the pause inbetween vinyl sides
>>
>>71843740
nah dude. Remember that artists purposely designed their albums bearing in mind that people would have to get up and switch sides. The difference between when I used to not and now that I add the silence is pretty huge. Every vinyl album is like a full meal with the pause between sides, highly recommend trying for a while
>>
I have over 4000 albums in my library and I'd estimate that I've listened to around 2500 of them (I like having a huge backlog).

I've never really had a problem remembering which ones I've listened to. Occasionally I think I'll start listening to something that I think I haven't heard before, only to realize that I have, but that happens very rarely.
>>
>>71843977
>i'll start listening to something that i think i haven't heard before

I like to whine at people like you because I have half as many albums but have listened to them all ~7-8 times
>>
>>71842128
I know whether I've listened to something or not. It's just easy for me to keep track of.
>>
I rate most things i've listened to on RYM
I use last.fm
I have serparate libraries for stuff i listened to and my backlog.

and i don't delete any stuff that i already listened to.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.