[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mu/, Sell me on a music streaming service. Thinking about signing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: apple-music-spotify-tidal.jpg (45KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
apple-music-spotify-tidal.jpg
45KB, 1500x1000px
/mu/, Sell me on a music streaming service.

Thinking about signing up for a premium streaming service because now that I'm graduated and working I don't have as much free time to download and discover music and I want it all in one convenient app (please leave your "just torrent it pleb" comments at the door).

I've been using Spotify free and I'm alright with it so far. Gonna give Tidal a shot soon. Can anyone chime in on pros and cons of other services?
>>
>>71824924
if you genuinely put up with free spotify's 128kb music quality you don't really care much about music, so just go for the cheapest one.
>>
>>71824924
Google Music.
>>
File: 1412134845247.jpg (10KB, 300x226px) Image search: [Google]
1412134845247.jpg
10KB, 300x226px
If you have a .edu account $5 a month for spotify student is decent
>>
>>71825086
I switched to google play music since Spotify won't let you save more than 10'000 songs even with premium.
I'm happy with the recommendations it gives me and how nicely it integrates your uploaded albums into the library. However, the library's albums are ordered according to album title, and not according to artists and it doesn't let you change that which is a bunch of garbage. Also the artist page layouts are much better in Spotify. Popular songs at the beginning, with similar artists to the right, and new releases highlighted, then albums ordered according to release year, then Eps.
Play doesn't even show you the release year of albums before you're on the artists page, and even then, the albums have no real order. There is also no indicator of the popularity of songs.
The recommended section in Play has radios instead of playlists which I don't prefer.
Spotify also has a nice concerts nearby feature, which I'm still going back to in the free version.
I'll probably go back to spotify after my 4 month trial but I don't know what to do about the library yet.
>>
>>71825074
Holy shit, I don't use Spotify but I didn't know the quality was that bad. I now have even LESS respect for Spotify users than I did before.
>>
>>71825074
I'm not happy with it but I put up with it for convenience. Tidal has hifi streaming doe
>>
>>71825148
premium is 320. it's not the world either but listenable
>>
>>71825138
I don't think I'll have an issue with *only* 10k songs, I'm on a phone w/ a 64 gig sd card and I'm mostly traveling so I can use data. thx for the input
>>
>not using Youtube for all your streaming needs
this entire thread is bad
OP is espescially bad for making a thread about it
>>
>>71825265
10k isn't what you can download. it's what you can save to your music on spotify period
>>
>>71825303
Ah I see. Well I'll consider that a little. Any idea if Tidal allows more?
>>
>>71825291
>using 192kb audio
>>
Apple Music
>100,000 songs library limit
> went an artist releases something it's always there first
> exclusives like dr dre - Compton
> three month free trial
> student discount
>>
>>71825303
been using Spotify for 2 years now, that limit is starting to get on my nerves. also it's getting more and more lag on android with each update, the only reason I still use it is because playlists and the ability to switch between my phone and desktop flawlessly
GPM is good but is missing that feature (unless they added it recently), if they added it I might switch back eventually
>>
>>71825386
this desu, plus if you already have a lot of music on iTunes it's already integrated so you don't have to deal with switching between applications
>>
>>71825074
fucking music autist
>>
>>71824924
Amazon Prime music. You get the service with a Prime membership, which you should get anyway if you buy things online and are into saving some money.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.