[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mu/ rec me some of the most desolation inducing albums you know.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: cover.jpg (23KB, 400x400px)
cover.jpg
23KB, 400x400px
/mu/ rec me some of the most desolation inducing albums you know. Just gave in to the meme and listened to pic related. Didn't think you'd meme good bands actually. Most preferably something calm, so no noise. In the vein of AMSP if possible.
>>
>>71822692
What's the album in yer pic?
>>
>>71822717
Newfang out!!!
>>
>>71822717
deathconsciousness

>>71822692
The Mantle
Last tape before doomsday
Monoliths and Dimensons
>>
>>71822745
Thank you.
>>
>>71822745
Thank you, I'll check them out! I have plenty of free time and want to start listen to more bands lately.
>>
>>71822866
There's lots of other, more calm albums I could rec, give me a minute. I just recd you some heavier ones.
>>
>>71823840
Opeth- Damnation
Tenhi- Saivo
Yo La Tengo- Painful
Yo La Tengo- And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside Out

Most desolation-type albums are more heavy or noisy to me, but these are neither for the most part. You might want to find some drone or shoegaze or something. Check some genres out on rateyourmusic
>>
File: IMG_1583.jpg (520KB, 1087x745px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1583.jpg
520KB, 1087x745px
>>
>>71822692
>>71823955
By the way, definitely listen to Giles Corey (self titled). It's made by the same guy who made Deathconciousness and is much more humble and defeated.
>>
>>71823924
I actually love opeth. Faith in others is so amazing. Although I've heard of Damnation, never got around to listening to it. Maybe you're right, I should check rateyourmusic. Just never knew what to search for. Much appreciated anon! Cheers!
>>
>>71824043
Opeth is probably my favorite band of all time, lol. Add me bruv

rateyourmusic.com/~spookpizza
https://www.last.fm/user/spookwinter
>>
>>71823987
Just listened to it before making a thread. It's really amazing. Although I wasn't in the right state of mind so I will relisten soon.
>>
>>71824081
Don't have an account, lol. Although I appreciate your enthusiasm. Don't usually make accounts on sites...especially as long as I can use their services anyway.

But, never seen someone to say opeth is their fav band...can you rec me sth from their heavier past? I'm not really a huge fan of black and death, but I figure I can give them a try.
>>
>>71824194
Blackwater Park and Still Life are both must listens, imo. Both 10/10 for me. Some seriously life changing, magical stuff that I have listened to a billion times.

My Arms Your Hearse, Deliverance, and Damnation come up behind those, all of which are still amazing. These are still frequent listens for me.

Morningrise is pretty great, especially if you're interested in how Opeth evolved into their sound. Has some cool jazzy bass riff to it.

Below those lie ghost reveries, watershed, pale folklore, and sorceress. These are the turning point where opeth started to, and eventually did, change their entire sound (less so for GR because that's the first in this group, which I call Opeth 2.0)

Heritage is just plain bad in my opinion, lol. Worst of Opeth 2.0, worst album overall.

Orchid is good but not necessary.
>>
>>71824295
>>71824194
Side note, I enjoy Pale Folklore quite a bit more than the other Opeth 2.0 albums. It's got some great shit on it, even if it is a wide departure from their previous sound.
>>
>>71824295
Well, didn't expect a full blown skim-over their entire discography, although thanks alot for taking the time. Guess I now know what to listen to for the next few days.

Also, funny, the first album I listened from them was Heritage. At least it didn't scare me away.

All in all, much thanks anon!
>>
>>71824407
Hahaha, I guess it's obvious that they're my favorite band. I've put a lot of though into their discog over the years :P

Also, I feel like Heritage, while not offensively bad per se, was definitely their blandest effort compared to the rest of their stuff. Not terrible though, and has a few good songs. If you enjoy Heritage and their newer stuff, I definitely suggest Watershed, Pale Folklore, and Sorceress.

Have fun :)
>>
the king coming through

https://youtu.be/yundAnnvwxY
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.