[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.instagram.com/p/BR_2f0l DbLF/?taken-by=robinpeck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

https://www.instagram.com/p/BR_2f0lDbLF/?taken-by=robinpecknold

So we all agree that this will be AOTY, yes?
>>
imagine a Fleet Foxes album being your album of the year
>>
>>71821571
I consider the first Fleet Foxes record one of the best releases of the last 20 years, but that first single literally sounded like he wrote "Helplessness Blues" again and forget he'd already written it.
>>
The single sucked ass. If that's the pinnacle of the album it's going to be shit.
>>
>>71821571
I swear to God, Fleet Foxes fans are the absolute worst.
>>
>>71821590
Imagine being a virgin (like you)
>>
>>71821683
pathetic reply
>>
>>71821613
>>71821591
Third of May / Ōdaigahara is the song of the year thus far, turboplebs.
>>
>>71821683
kek yeah I will play Fleet Foxes when I'm making out with my girl, sure. Kill yourself.
>>
>>71821571
I don't wanna overhype it, but it very well might be. The single was one of the best things they've done, as long as they can keep up that standard I'd be more than pleased.

>>71821591
I sincerely don't know how you could think that, the only thing it may have resembled a bit off of HB was A Shrine/An Argument, and even then barely so. Way less liberal use of harmonies, the arrangements produced and used in completely different ways, and the song structure deviating even further from their normal pop-ish standards.

It's honestly kind of hard to believe that some of the negativity here isn't based out of some lame image based aversion to them, because it was honestly a pretty fantastic single.
>>
funny how father john misty has surpassed them in every way.
>>
>>71821683
Only low testosterone wimps like you listen to Fleet Foxes so you've got the sides backwards
>>
>>71821809
pro tip: if you feel the need to tell other people they have low t on a mongolian basket weaving forum, you probably have low t
>>
>>71821809
>testosterone meme
>>
>>71821847
nah im black
>>
>>71821787
Father John Misty's shtick (fatalism bordering on nihilism) is trite as fuck. We get it dude, you read Bataille and Baudrillard in college.
>>
>>71821847
>>71821858
t.numales
>>
>"robinpecknold @hasiefardiasyah yeah he's [Matt Barrick] killing it best drummer we've ever had by far"

Savage
>>
>>71821935
bitch move
>>
>>71821960
Tbf Tillman seems like one of the biggest cunts on the planet
>>
>>71821769
No, I literally mean the song "Helplessness Blues" the strumming pattern and overall feel is exactly the same. I almost started singing the lyrics to that overtop the new one.

I'm not saying "all folk music sounds the same" or some stupid shit like that. I'm saying Robin literally wrote the same song, again.

I considered Helplessness Blues a huge step forward in production and arrangement, but a HUGE step backward in songwriting. The first record felt so natural, everything since has felt pretty forced.
>>
Third of May / Ōdaigahara sounds nothing like Helplessness Blues. Not hearing it.
>>
>>71821746
>"Yeah, I like this really obscure band, you probably haven't heard of them, they're called the Fleety Foxes."
>calls others plebs
>>
>>71821993
By that logic, so do you.
>>
>>71822010
>No, I literally mean the song "Helplessness Blues" the strumming pattern and overall feel is exactly the same.

Except its not all. The only thing I might give you here is the strumming pattern, and that's such a pedantic thing to complain about to begin with. It's structured fairly differently, produced differently, has a wildly different melody and wildly different lyrical themes. I have no idea where this is coming from, the only major similarity is that its the same band working basically the same realm that they excel at, but the specifics are wholly different. HB starts out with with a feeling emphatic of unfulfillment, and transitions into an almost triumphant expression of longing. Third of May/Obamagoo starts out with a maybe slightly similar nostalgic tone, but moves into a completely, almost unexplored space within their discography of subdued moodiness. It's on the other fucking side of the spectrum of HB.
>>
File: paul sippy.jpg (135KB, 380x595px) Image search: [Google]
paul sippy.jpg
135KB, 380x595px
>>71822362
>implying anybody would say that
>implying popularity means they're bad
>implying avant teen poseurs who reject bands solely because of their image aren't complete plebs
>>
>>71822423
>pleb is someone of the general populace
>implying popularity has nothing to do with it
>but actually above all implying that just because something is popular means it's not bad

Please take your 'le whimsically voiced folk man' music somewhere else
>>
>>71822378
Tillman blew up the band because he wasn't the center of attention. Now he makes shitty overwrought music about how, like, totally bad technology and America is maaan. He's a cunt.
>>
>>71821769
>It's honestly kind of hard to believe

That's because you're the kind of person who uses music as a badge so you assume everyone else does. In truth, we have taste, and you are a beehive of spoiled meats.
>>
>>71822641
Yeah, I know. And? So, he's a self-aware asshole obsessed with his own ego, bitching on a platform. Pretty much sounds like you and me and every other fucking weiner on this site. I think Pure Comedy is boring as fuck but at least he actually makes points, even with how convoluted and paranoid they are instead of just relying on personal strife and tragedy and blablabla.
>>
File: 1485477739873.png (308KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1485477739873.png
308KB, 600x600px
>>71822615
>implying pleb doesn't have an obviously more loaded connotation here
>implying outright that because something is popular, it's bad
>implying Robin could be described as "whimsically voiced" to begin with

>>71822652
>implying someone who would call someones taste a "beehive of spoiled meats" isn't obviously using music as a badge
>>
>>71822779
>trying this hard to defend a buttfolk band
>>
>>71822849
>engaging in discussion about music on a music board is bad

Also, Fleet Foxes are barely folk. Still quality though.
>>
>>71822010
yeah, you're wrong
>>
>>71822779
>>71822876
So, raspy voice, cracking up every 30 seconds, with overpronounced intonation and same timbre as every other folk/country pop vocalist of the past 15 years isn't whimsical? Lol sure, whatever you say, dude.

Discussing music is fine but stop being willfully ignorant then, if you really wanna harp on it.
>>
>>71822996
Dude, I honestly have no idea where you're hearing this. His voice is't raspy in the fucking slightest. It's like you're just throwing out words that you've heard people use to criticize vocals without actually knowing how they're applied. He doesn't use overpronounced intonation and does not have the same timbre as other recent popular indie folk acts. Like what the fuck.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.