[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I love pic related so fucking much, but for some reason, I just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: MI0003755583.jpg (30KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
MI0003755583.jpg
30KB, 500x500px
I love pic related so fucking much, but for some reason, I just can't put my finger on why it's so damn good. Care to shed some light?
>>
>>71817431
Fuck you! Does "Fuck you" sound simple enough?
>>
To me this whole album gives a very "airy" feel, as if I am being blown along by the wind. I don't know if that makes sense but idk just my thoughts on what makes it special
>>
hmm
>>
It does an impeccable job of balancing accessible rock songwriting with the avant-garde noise jams that they were doing before hand. Sonic Youth always had raw talent but their earlier stuff never really saw them express that talent in a mature fashion. They started working away from their more primordial beginnings on Evol and were really on to something with Sister before it full-on clicked on Daydream Nation. Instead of abandoning their jam sensibilities, they slowly learned how to write something resembling a catchy tune and then punctuated it with their penchant for noise rock, resulting in one hell of a landmark alternative rock record that they never quite replicated since. In my opinion though Washing Machine and Sonic Nurse came close.
>>
It's because the whole damn thing has an extremely powerful nostalgic vibe to it
>>
>>71817931
this, its just bad but meant to like it
>>
Silver Rocket and Total Trash alone are worth the price of admission!
>>
>>71817458
Yes, it does. However, I want more. Let's go to the store.
>>
>>71817791
this, sort of

SY's live performances would have them performing these really long, improvised jams of the much shorter tracks they would put on their records, and on daydream nation thurston finally started writing that kind of stuff into the material. also supposedly he just had a huge creative output at the time, and was writing these songs one after the other. so maybe it was just something in the air
>>
Eric's Trip does it for me.
>>
>>71819171
Is this some kind of meme?

I swear I saw this same post in another thread about this record like six months ago.
>>
>>71819171
everyone loves silver rocket, but it's my least favorite track from the album. the guitars aren't as interesting and the vocals kind of annoy me. they sound bratty like a lot of the worst tracks from the next two albums
>>
>>71817431
It's because you're a pleb
>>71817791
ie. they sold out desu
>>
>>71819379
great band too
>>
teen age riot is probably one of my favourite songs of all time
>>
>>71820344
This. Always and forever.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.