[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>yfw there will never again be a year with this many huge,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: 1991.jpg (233KB, 1192x456px) Image search: [Google]
1991.jpg
233KB, 1192x456px
>yfw there will never again be a year with this many huge, groundbreaking rock albums
>>
1 groundbreaking album?
>>
There are exactly two good albums in that image.
>>
>no slint
>no talk talk

B8
>>
>>71816466
>>71816505
>>
>>71816295
Black album was actually a massive disappointment to anyone who had been following them. I'd switch that it U2 with the breakout album of Primus - Sailing the Seas of Cheese which was infinitely more exciting to everyone.
>>
Fucking autocorrect

it U2 = or U2
>>
>>71816466
Let me guess. "Nevermind" and "Loveless" right?
I like most all the albums listed but if you can't appreciate the artistry of "Achtung Baby" you fell hard for the /mu/ core meme
>>
Four of those albums are horrible buttrock.
>>
>>71816295
>tfw Achtung Baby never gets any love here despite being a massive influence on many of /mu/'s favorite albums and artists of the 90s
>>
>>71816811
It's Bono's fault for making them into a hated meme band.
>>
>>71816836
I honest to God don't see how the hell U2 is so hated for Bono being a cunt despite a sizable amount of the most loved bands on this board have outrageous cunt frontmen.
>>
>>71816360
>>71816466
>>71816505
>>71816621
So many nu-males
>>
>>71816860
Most of those frontmen didn't decide they were God's gift to world peace and starving African children.
>>
>>71816811
When AB was released Bono was in ever sense of the word a Rock God. JT and AB crossed so many genres (Rock, Alternative Rock. Adult Contemporary, ECT.) It was before he got a Nobel Peace Prize and became the SP meme or the iTunes debacle.
>>
Very much so. U2's 1992 tour was the stuff of legends up there with the early 70s Stones and Who tours.
>>
File: zootv2.jpg (470KB, 1380x942px) Image search: [Google]
zootv2.jpg
470KB, 1380x942px
>>71817007
Having experienced a "ZOOTV" performance I can very much assure you this is the case.
>>
>>71816947
At least he waited until after he'd made his money and his legacy was secured before going insane.
>>
>>71816563
It's easy now to shit on TBA, but in retrospect it was inevitable since thrash metal was done and record labels were dropping thrash bands. The Big Four all had to convert to alternative rock to survive.
>>
>>71817205
He did. Although I can say I will buy pre-buy "Songs of Experience". I am expecting it to be good and not tainted in the way SOI was with the iTunes mess.
>>
>>71817215
It was easy to shit on back then too. If anything time has been really kind to it since it was such a smash hit but the initial reaction was pretty bad.
>>
>>71817215
Slayer became alternative rock?
>>
U2 fans need to fuck off of /mu/
>>
>>71817247
even worse

nu metal
>>
TBA was terribly mainstream radio metal aimed at football jocks and 40 year old auto mechanics. That's the nuts and bolts of it.
>>
>>71817249
exactly why?
>>
>>71817249
t. listens to Swans, Death Grips, shoegaze and indie folk
>>
>>71817258
Seasons in the Abyss was nu metal?
>>
>>71817264
Though in their defense, that was the last time Metallica felt like a real band instead of an entertainment corporation.
>>
>>71817276
I was thinking more Diabolus In Musica.
>>
>>71817305
Oh, well that was almost a decade later. It is interesting though that during the period in question they took an almost 4 year break. So that does still fit in with the panicked scramble theory. They just said fuck this we're out.
>>
>tfw making myself sad listening to 90s alternative rock and wishing I could take another crack at life to suck less at it

H-hey jealousy...
>>
File: 1465888899828.jpg (98KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1465888899828.jpg
98KB, 500x500px
outta my way subhuman scum
>>
>>71817326
it's funny that Slayer were the first to start slowing their sound down (South Of Heaven) and yet the last to really go all in with experimenting.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.