[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>more marketable >better flow >better wordplay >better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_6206.jpg (25KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6206.jpg
25KB, 500x333px
>more marketable
>better flow
>better wordplay
>better beats
Sorry dudes, Kendrick may be a better rapper but no way he can win a beef with Drake.
>>
Kys
>>
>>71814802

it's true, drake will pull in more suburban girls
>>
i don't give a drat
>>
They're both really good honestly. I'd say Drake has more hype beats club stuff, but Kendrick is better for home listening/ipod etc.
>>
Kendrick already beat Drake at his own game on GKMC.

Contemporary trap Kendrick > Nu Jazz wank Kendrick
>>
but a writer with a ghost writer..wtf happened?
>>
Rap beefs are fundamentally social phenomena. They're about showing your superiority to people watching. Who "won" a rap beef is pretty much decided by the audience. Because of the kind of subject matter he puts out, Kendrick has a good amount of people willing to back him up for whatever he puts out (within reason). People don't fuck with Drake like that and don't take him as seriously. Kendrick has the advantage.
Also, lol if you think Drake has better wordplay.
>>
>>71814855
>hype beats club stuff
>>
kanye > > > > > > > > > > > > > > the rest
>>
File: premiumbait.png (102KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
premiumbait.png
102KB, 625x626px
>>71814802
everybody go home
/thread
>>
>>71814802

Why are you participating in and promoting meaningless nigger culture about two meaningless niggers, anon?
>>
>>71814980
Unironically this
>>
>>71814840
those suburban pawgs are god tier fucks.
>>
>>71814802
Come back with some better bait, fella
>>
>>71814855
Great opinion dude
>>
>>71814802
>flow
>wordplay
>drake
nice one
>>
>tfw you will never be black
>>
2 34 56 7
kill yourself, forget heaven
>>
>>71814925
>If Drake goes against Kendrick
>Drake goes against Dre, Andre3k, Em, Ice Cube, and other advocates of self-written or otherwise credited writers

>if Kendrick goes against Drake/Big Sean
>Kendrick goes against GOOD Music rappers, Kanye, Nicki Minaj, Lil Wayne, or otherwise people who have used ghost writers in the past or those affiliated with those that use ghost writers.

Kendrick has a better "team", as well as a better solo career, better wordplay, more hard hitting lyrics. Drake has club hits.
>>
>>71816397
FUCK YES
>>
>>71814855
I genuinely dislike you more for this comment than I do the OP for his bait post.
>>
>>71814925
can you give me some examples of kendrick's great wordplay?
i've asked like 5 people who talked about kendrick's wordplay this same question, they never reply
>>
>>71816666
Nice quads, son.

Here is one example though.

"My ID say my eye don't rest
My IV qualify T-rex
Society kept my IQ vexed
Deny me from an Ivy school
Applyin' me to the street I slept"
>>
>>71815246
T. a very prominent and successful chadster
>>
>>71814802
drake would win
drake writes directly, kendrick writes cryptic
on the surface the cryptic shit seems more deep and intricate, but it's actually much more difficult to write more direct lyrics
for this reason i lean more towards the more direct style and give drake type bars the W over kendrick
>>
Drake isn't even a rapper, this is just like Eminem vs Moby.
>>
Kendrick stans are incredible because he can literally put out a steaming pile of garbage and they'll defend it and call it inspiring and an instant classic.
>>
>>71816701
ok
i guess you could consider the last two lines wordplay
the first 3 kind of just aren't wordplay, nor would the last 2 lines be out of context without them so not sure why you posted them
but overall i can't hate much cuz at least you had the fortitude to post an example, salute
>>
>>71816925
i really want to talk to someone who's an accomplished rapper and thinks kendrick is as good as the dudes ITT
because there's definitely a lot of rappers that think that, but i just don't understand the perspective
maybe we're just dumb bro
>>
>>71814802

Who are these literal retards who think Kendrick can even hold a candle to Drake?

Why does /mu/ have the worst taste in rap?
>>
>>71814855
>hype beats club stuff
>>
>>71817130
drake stan here
this is why i don't even come to /mu/
dropped in cuz i was feeling like rapping and was hoping maybe you guys had like rap battle threads or something
doesn't seem to be the case
>>
If Kendrick is really the greatest in the rap game then why does he feel the need to come after Drake?
>>
>>71817213
Because Drake has called him out a few timers.
>>
>>71817221
Really? What songs?
>>
>>71817213
drake stan here
bad argument
because drake has the numbers
>>
>>71817225
""They gon' say your name on them airwaves/ They gon' hit you up right after like it's only rap.""
Song: Used To

In reference to Kendricks Control verse.
>>
>>71817263
that's not even a diss
>>
>>71817239
But I thought sales didn't matter, or is that just another meme?
>>
>>71817225
>>71817263
"I got a backyard where money seems to come from trees."
6PM In New York
>>
>>71817281
hence why Kendrick raps; "Tiptoein' around my name, nigga ya lame"
>>
Strategically, I'm not really sure what angle Drake could use to attack Kendrick in a beef. Kendrick doesn't really have any embarrassing personal issues (that I'm aware of) that can be explioted, much like Drake did with Meek/Nicki. Additionally, pointing out sales won't be effective given that Kendrick's sales are strong and he never really tried to position himself as the number one selling rapper. Drake would just come off as a bratty pop star if he tried to go that route.
In contrast, Kendrick has the ghostwriting (which would actually be an effective attack coming from a respected MC like Kendrick) plus Drake's general lack of substance and phoniness. Additionally, this >>71814925 is also very true. Kendrick would have most of the industry behind him where as Drake would just have washed up YMCMB cornballs like Wayne and Nicki.
>>
>>71817310
what are you talking about
that has nothing to do with my comment, "tiptoein round my name" has to do with the explicitness of the name drop, not the tone of the message

>>71817298
this is the dumbest shit i've ever seen lol
another reason i don't come to /mu/ btw
thanks for the reminder my nigga
peaceee
>>
Drake is legit garbage.
>>
i don't understand why /mu/ loves drake so much he's objectively garbage for teenage gurls...
>>
I don't really give a shit what happens as long as good music gets made and competition generally makes good stuff so go for it.

>>71816567
>there has never been an andre feature on a K.dot song

I need this.
>>
>actually expecting me to take rap seriously when these people keep having """""""beefs""""""" to boost their own popularity some more/get some articles written about them
>>
>>71814802
Does a Drake happy merchant exist?
>>
>>71814802
Kendrick has the better flow, drakes flow is inconsistent, and he ends up tripping over himself half the time.
Kendrick has far better word play and their producers are often the same.

Form example dj dajhi who will be on kendricks new project, produced a lot of drake shit as well as money trees for kendrick
>>
>>71814847
lol good one
>>
Both have beats made for them, and both ruin their beats by speaking barely in rythm and rhyming every second line with 'nigger'.
>>
>>71814802
How is Drake more marketable? He's a pretty boring personality desu, Kendrick's got a more interesting background. Also Drake's aesthetic bites off of everyone else's and Kendrick does his own thing, so.

He does not have better flow, maybe better wordplay, and it's difficult to compare the beats but they're both pretty fantastic.

Overall, it would be a good beef but Kenny would come out the victor
>>
>>71814855
>hype beats club stuff
This would've been a LOT less cringe if you just said it like
>more hype beats/club stuff
>>
>>71817130
Good b8 I responded
>>
>>71814802
Drake always looks like he's about to cry
>>
>>71814802
I like Drake but he doesn't write his songs, has no wordplay, and being honest no one really respects him because of all of that, he's just club music. Kendrick writes his own shit, has better rhymes, better worldplay, and is respected. Kendrick would decimate him on a full blown beef. I would like to see a freestyle battle between just to see how Kendrick completely humilliates Drake lmao.
>>
File: 1458605101765.jpg (6KB, 226x166px) Image search: [Google]
1458605101765.jpg
6KB, 226x166px
>Hip Hop has been so devoid of good beef in the last decade that people keep wanting this mismatched forced Drake vs. Kendrick meme

Fucking kek, anyone who listens to even a little bit of hip hop knows that they're both on two different levels. Kendrick keeps b8ing him but Drake won't bite, he knows he'll lose and he has nothing to gain from it
>>
>>71819190
>How is Drake more marketable?

You answered you own question.

Drake isn't controversial, he has nothing remotly shocking or thought provoking to say (in his music or outside of it). That's part of why the traditional media loves him.
>>
daily reminder that sufjan stevens covered drake not lame ass kendrick
>>
>>71814855
>twingy twangy, listening to home ipod
>>
>>71814855
literally top kek
>>
>>71819556
He covered Drake because he thought he could do better and Drake's music has no personality and he can thus insert himself into it.
>>
>>71817389
I am just telling you where Drake has referenced Kendrick, which is "tiptoein"
But okay, don't let the door hit you on the way out you fucking child.
>>
>>71816804
>Kendrick writes cryptic
Have you listened to control?
>>
>>71816925
What has he released in the past 5 years that you would consider a 'steaming pile of garbage' or even anything close to that.

People suck Kendrick's dick a lot but a lot of that comes from the fact that he's been consistently great. The only thing he's put out recently I can see people thinking 'meh' to is The Heart Pt4. But that 'series' of tracks is characterised by a pretty quick production time for teasing his projects.

His past 2 projects were at the very least 'good' even if you're not a fan. Even his B-side tracks were decent and some rated them higher than a lot of focused albums that came out that year.

All this and the fact that some of his live performances have been phenomenal (see him performing live on Fallon) and yeah, you have someone who is justifiably hyped so much.
>>
Liking either of these two means forfeiting the right to claim that you have good taste.

Both make a bland, radio friendly blend of pop, hip hop, and R&B aimed at high schoolers and college kids who want easily digestible music guaranteed not to challenge them in any way.

The only real difference is in their lyrical content, where Kendrick is more of a black lives matter SJW while Drake tends to stick to the typical sex and feels r&b formula.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.