[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>#37 Album of all time in RYM Seriously, what's so good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

>#37 Album of all time in RYM

Seriously, what's so good about it? I think it's a mediocre album at best.
>>
90s rap albums are inflated in general but I think that one is pretty good. Maybe not top 50 but probably in the top 200-300
>>
>>71799150
I'll take it you're not that into hip hop?

It's certainly one of the greatest hip hop albums of all time
>unique and influential
>amazing beats
>catchy choruses
>a gang of very talented rappers that each bring something different to the album
>good lyrics and subjec matter
>fun
>actually funny skits (rap skits are usually dog shit)
>>
>>71799150
Something about it has character. Nine guys with attitudes you can easily tell apart and the beats are simplistic yet effective. Most rap before the 2000s was shit but that album for whatever reason remained good.
>>
>>71799209
> I take it you're not that into hip-hop?

Not OP here. I think you're mostly right in your post but man this really bugs me about hip-hop culture, especially as someone who exclusively listened to rap for like 7 years: there are like 50-80 albums you're supposed to treat with unwavering reverence or you aren't a "true" fan

Realistically in the grand scheme of things hip-hop has about the same number of true classics as other genres, ie. not a lot. Commercial hits are seen as high art, bad albums by regarded artists are seen as high art, etc. It's exhausting. You can't criticize anything without people on your back for no reason. It's so sentimental
>>
>implying Shame on a Nigga, Clan in da Front, Method Man and Tearz aren't top-tier
>>
>>71799492
I'm saying that it's influencential and ground breaking but most people not into hip hop wouldn't know that
>>
>>71799209
>I'll take it you're not that into hip hop?

And what is the influence of being into hip hop to increase its quality?
>>
>>71799209
the intro on method man makes me cringe so hard, other than that i fucking love this album
>>
>>71799925
Usually if an albums influential it's more acclaimed
>>
It's insanely fun to listen to. Every time I go back to it it's just as enjoyable as the first time.
>>
white guilt is by far the #1 reason any hip hop albums gets top spots, and 90% of wu tang fans in 2017 are white kids who weren't even born when the album came out
>>
>see this guy out and about once
>he's wearing wu tang jumper
>"hey bro, what's your favourite song off 36 chambers?"
>"ugh I haven't really listened to them, I just like this jumper"

And this is why you don't wear band shirts if you don't know the band.. the guy made himself look like an absolute dickhead.
>>
>>71800295

I live in western Europe, don't know any black people, barely see any black people yet I still enjoy hip-hop.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.