[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did people attach such significance to the "le wrong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1481878596454.png (314KB, 298x442px)
1481878596454.png
314KB, 298x442px
Why did people attach such significance to the "le wrong generation" thing?
Like making up special words like "defener" for it.

It's like you think 21st-century music is having its honor besmirched or something.
>>
Shut up
>>
>>71798463
???
>>
Because those people have only explored what popular music has to offer at a very superficial level, and they act like their opinions are worth anything.
The top 40 has always been shit in general. Corny love songs have consistently topped the charts since the 70s, and before that, it was slightly better but still filled with silly derivative novelty songs. The vast majority of people have always been plebs since the dawn of time.
If you would tell them that and recommend them more interesting and innovative stuff like Can, Sonic Youth, Captain Beefheart, Animal Collective, James Ferraro, etc, they will tell you are only a hipster pretending to like """obscure""" music.
So I think they deserve to be ridiculed by the internet.
>>
>>71798489
this
>>
>>71798489
>Because those people have only explored what [...] music has to offer at a very superficial level, and they act like their opinions are worth anything.
Not dissimilar from /mu/
>>71798489
>interesting and innovative stuff like Can, Sonic Youth, Captain Beefheart, Animal Collective, James Ferraro
lmfao
>>
They're annoying as fuck. They act like because they like pop from 20 years ago, they're suddenly some fucking neo-Mozart here to save music. I agree, the top 40 is shit. But music is rarely at its best in the top 40. There's tons of stuff these people could listen to if they dug an inch deeper into modern music, but instead they're lazy shits who group everything into either Justin Bieber generic electric pop or pre-2000 music.
>>
>>71798489
Still, some of it has a weird, personal edge to it. Especially when arguments about racism or cis-white-maleism are rolled into it.

>>71798540
>They're annoying as fuck.

I can't say I've ever felt that strongly about it, even though I like modern music just fine. So what's the difference between me and you?
>>
>>71798527
>Not dissimilar from /mu/
At least your average /mu/ poster have explored more different genres than dad-rock classics, and is more able to get into new or unusual music.
"le wrong generation" fags think the last good musicians are the fucking Foo Fighters or some generic pop punk band.
They think the music they listen to is more authentic than Top 40 shit while their new favorite artists are almost as manufactured by major labels who want to pander to their demographics as mainstream pop.

>lmfao
???
>>
>>71798489
>Captain Beefheart and James Ferraro (Vaporwave) in the same list
What are you doing?
>>
>>71798173
>Why did people attach such significance to the "le wrong generation" thing?

It bothers the hipsterati because "le wrong generation" is something called a "general consensus", with the general agreement among most people is that popular music is in a shitty place right now. Their problem with that is this devalues their opinions and aspirational attempts to establish a cultural social pecking order with them and their "gatekeeper" status at the top because it invalidates the idea that their music (or the music they promote) is comparable in quality and appeal to popular music of the recent past.
>>
My thing is, I do personally believe pop music has gradually gone down hill since the late 80s with some peaks and valleys. At one point Tears for Fears had a number one song. The best song to go number one in this decade is Somebody that I Used To Know. But you can't say shit like that without being branded le wrong generation
>>
>>71798920
One way of putting it, I guess.
>>
>>71798920
savage
>>
They claim to hate popular music but everything they listen to is the most incredibly popular music ever.
>>
>>71799097
I'll say something else on this subject, musicians who are attempting to make legitimate art are being spread way too thin because piracy has cause the industry to shrink so much in the last 15 years or so. Your Taylor Swift and Bruno Mars style industry puppets are doing just fine right now, it's the little guys who have been marginalized in this climate.

It used to be that the money highly successful pop acts generated was spread through the recording industry to take financial risks on recording/promoting music that was unorthodox or unconventional in the hopes of a unique breakout act.

There used to be standard industry collaboration between extremely talented producers, studio engineers and musicians where the total ended up being way more than the sum of the parts. The idea that some kid in their bedroom is going to become a self taught expert on recording, songwriting, promotion, etc. is an absurd notion at best.

Then "artistic" side of the industry has taken a dive because the "jack of all trades, master of none" meme has reached full penetration with very little legitimate results to show for it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.