[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have pic related and it was working fine for a few years until

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: SR16-large.jpg (120KB, 750x549px) Image search: [Google]
SR16-large.jpg
120KB, 750x549px
I have pic related and it was working fine for a few years until I accidentally got rid of the power supply I was using. Every power supply I use since then makes a loud screeching noise when I plug the machine in now. Anyone know what's wrong? Should I just order the adapter that is supposed to go with it from alesis or did the drum machine somehow get fucked?
>>
order the adapter it comes with
>>
>>71784593
This, though in the process of plugging random fucking power supplies into the thing you could well have fried it. Did you even check the outputs of the supplies against the input requirements listed on the sticker on the back of the unit?
>>
>>71784660
Well I've been taking it to stores around town and having the people that I'm assuming know what they're doing look at it, but I guess it's possible

When I plug it in, it doest make any sounds besides the screech. Like if I hit a drum pad, it doesn't make any change at all to the screech sound. Could that mean it got fried?
>>
>>71784863
That could be a warning sound it makes when it's getting the wrong input, but I really don't know. Hope it's alright anon - hardware is fun until it suddenly doesn't work for no obvious reason.
>>
I did a quick google anon, and the Alesis is a little unusual in requiring an AC input from its adapter - most output DC. Any idea if they got that right when they sold you whatever you're trying to use?
>>
>>71785029
I didn't buy anything. I actually lost the adapter I got with it years ago and have been using a line 6 adapter since then which has worked fine. I accidentally got rid of that though and went to a few electronics stores and no one seems to have anything that turns it on without making it screech

They tried a bunch of different things on it so who knows what got plugged into it. In a few minutes I can look at the original plug where the problem first started though
>>
File: 1490483225517462575237.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
1490483225517462575237.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
So the drum machine doesn't say anything about what kind of power it needs besides 9v ac. Pic related is what I used when the problem first started

I know I can probably dig around an online manual and get an answer but I'm pretty busy right now, so I'm just hoping someone is nice enough to go out of their way and help me out
>>
>>71785811
Also it might be worth mentioning that I also have a dl4 which is being powered by the adapter in that picture and could also be powered by the adapter I was using on the alesis, but the alesis only works with the adapter I got rid of
>>
>>71785811
That's a DC output, which isn't what you want. I have no idea what that might or might not have done to the device.
>>
>>71785950
And just as a guide, that solid line with dashes under it between the 9V and 300mA is the symbol for DC. AC would be a wavy line.

http://www.soundonsound.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8520#77979

As that thread says, DC adapters are far more common, and it's not impossible that you took that device to someone who didn't even think to check whether you needed AC or DC.
>>
>>71785950
>>71786046
Ok, thanks for the help. I'll call alesis tomorrow and see if they know what this means. Hopefully I don't need a new drum machine
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.