[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Weezer didn't take a hiatus after Pinkerton and were

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: a3216249002_5.jpg (29KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
a3216249002_5.jpg
29KB, 700x700px
If Weezer didn't take a hiatus after Pinkerton and were gearing up to a release an album in 1998 or so, what kind of album do you think it would have been? Would Rivers have wanted to give Songs from the Black Hole a try again? Or would it have still been a Green-esque album?
>>
Good thread btw.
I think they would of made the black hole songs and possibly the b sides to blue into an actual album which would be fucking rad.
>>
>>71777209
Because he was devastated by the commercial performance of Pinkerton, he'd either make an album even rawer and darker just to spite people or he would have made The Green Album three years earlier to win them back. Probably the latter.
>>
Weezer are awful shite, no better than EDM
>>
>>71777418
>Good thread btw
Is that sarcasm?
>>
>>71777551
>comparing weezer to edm
>>
File: RiversCuomo2.jpg (408KB, 1156x1760px) Image search: [Google]
RiversCuomo2.jpg
408KB, 1156x1760px
I think it entirely depends on the reception of Pinkerton. The unjustified panning of Pinkerton ruined Rivers, and he took a long period of time to think about what to do. There are stories where he lived in an apartment with little to no furniture, the walls painted black, and the windows shut up. If Pinkerton was well received, he might have had more confidence in his creative abilities and continued to make personal stuff without trying to please critics or try to get a radio hit. I also doubt he would have gone back to Songs From The Black Hole because he felt that Matt Sharp's album with The Rentals had similar themes, so he didn't want to look like he was copying that or whatever. This is a really interesting thing to speculate about.
>>
>>71777522
I would have loved for Rivers to make his In Utero.
>>
>>71777209
He would have never have made SftBH. That's what Pinkerton became when he got depressed. They even share a lot of tracks. He wanted SftBH be more like the Cars, Power Pop with some synth leads, which he had been working on before (think Buddy Holly and Tired of Sex), but thats basically what the Rentals did. So he went for a more confessional/borderline emo approach with Pinkerton. If he made SftBH and it worked, they would have continued down the Cars path with some Beach Boys influence, think EWBAITE sorta. If Pinkerton worked, he would have probably made stuff more similar to the White album.
>>
>>71777209
The first four songs on Pinkerton were written for SFTBH. SFTBH still wouldn't have been a thing.
>>
>>71781130
Then he could have written 4 new songs to replace the ones used on Pinkerton or just gone with the rest of the tracklist as the album.
>>
>>71781098
If Ric Ocasek still came on board as the producer it'd be more likely that SFTBH would be made.
>>
>>71781490
I felt like Weezer proved that they could produce well when they self-produced Pinkerton. Ric is fine, but why did they need other producers since? There hasn't been a single producer who has made their sound any better than it was on Pinkerton or Blue.
>>
>>71781490
True. That's why EWBAITE sounds like what I think SftBH would have I think.
>>
>>71781573
Since Ric was the frontman for the Cars and all, he could have influenced the sound.
>>
>>71781685
That I understand. I was just asking that question in general. Like, why did Weezer use ANOTHER new producer for the White album instead of keeping Ric or opting to produce it themselves?
>>
>>71781760
No idea. White sounded good and all, but EWBAITE's guitars rival Maladroit for thickness, probably their best sounding guitars since Blue and Pinkerton.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.