[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>song fades out Why do musicians do this? Imagine if you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

File: 1477414645746.png (168KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1477414645746.png
168KB, 400x400px
>song fades out
Why do musicians do this?

Imagine if you were eating a delicious meal, and instead of finishing it, it just slowly faded away into nothing as you were still eating. Wouldn't you feel unsatisfied?
>>
>>71774298
What does that even mean
>>
>>71774319
How much clearer could I make it?

Imagine you're reading a book. It's a really good book. But the last chapter doesn't have a conclusion. The text on the pages just gets lighter and lighter until you can't read it anymore. That's what a fade out does in music.
>>
>>71774319

Imagine if you were eating a delicious meal, and instead of finishing it, it just slowly faded away into nothing as you were still eating. Wouldn't you feel unsatisfied?
>>
>>71774324
I guess that would depend on what the book was like.

>>71774327
I mean if you want to hear more of the same song you can always just play it again.
>>
>>71774298
letting the last bit of your ice cream cone melt away is the patrician style
>>
>>71774345
I'm not asking to hear more. I'm asking for an ending. Fading out is lazy. It sounds like shit.
>>
>>71774298
>eating food
>as you eat there is less food until there is none

fucking absurd
>>
>>71774370
I'm sorry but when I think of fading out, I can easily think of songs that faded at the end and sounded good. Can you give me an example of an unfinished song that should have a proper ending but instead fades into nothing?
>>
>>71774324
Why the fuck would I not want a conclusion with my really good book?
>>
>>71774298
Imagine being so fucking stupid you make a food analogy.
>>
>>71774403
that's the point idiot
>>
File: 1385433253981.gif (2MB, 300x204px) Image search: [Google]
1385433253981.gif
2MB, 300x204px
Idiot.

You are such an idiot.
>>
>>71774403
Yes. And why would you not want a conclusion with your really good song?
>>
But fading out IS an ending. What, do all the musicians have to stop playing at the same time on a V-I perfect cadence for you to consider the song "over" or something? Why is that a more valid ending than fading out? Have you ever considered that maybe the artist felt that the song wouldn't benefit from having a very conclusive ending and chose not to write one? Is that really "lazy" in your eyes? How about when a painter only chooses to paint the subject of their painting rather than literally everything around them until they have filled up the entire canvas? Is that "lazy" too? What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>71774519
that's an even worse comparison than OP's. kill yourself
>>
>>71774539
It's not a comparison buddy, it's a follow on question about the way certain artworks need to be "completed". If I had said "that's just like when a painter chooses only to paint their subject" it would be a comparison. Learn to read.
>>
>>71774514
That's what I'm saying.
>>
>tfw cant interrupt a song abruptly because everyone will just say its a beatles ripoff
>>
>>71774298
Hating fade outs is a meme

>fucking food analogy
Go back to /v/
>>
>>71774555
do you not understand what a comparison is? if you didn't intend a comparison, learn to write better.
>>
>>71774324
Books are generally not based in repetition though. If you have to use a completely different and irrelevant medium to prove your point, it's probably not a very good point.
>>
>>71774612
I can see how you might have thought it was a comparison, if you were a fucking brainlet. The fact that I quite clearly qualify each statement with a question about whether these are "lazy" ways to complete artworks obviously communicates that I'm not comparing them directly at all, simply asking if the OP would consider both "lazy" ways of completing artworks.

Please stop posting you dipshit brainlet, you're not smart.
>>
>>71774644
if you weren't drawing parallels between the two, your question about paintings wouldn't even be relevant to the conversation

also, nice resorting
>>
>>71774768
whoops, got cut off.
nice resorting to insults
>>
Imagine if music was a marathon or a race, when you're at the end you dont make a deadstop thats bad, you start to lower your tempo(the fade) until you have cooled down(let the music settle in your brain)
>>
>>71774298
>Imagine if you were eating a delicious meal, and instead of finishing it, it just slowly faded away into nothing as you were still eating. Wouldn't you feel unsatisfied?

but the meal's about to be finished anyway plus if it fades away into nothing, this means I don't need to clean up after ;)
>>
>>71774786
How is it irrelevant at all? The OP was talking about artworks he considers incomplete, I asked a question about whether or not he would consider another kind of artwork incomplete. Do you genuinely have some kind of disability? This shit isn't hard to grasp in the slightest. Dumbass.
>>
>>71774324
*reads a steve albini essay once*

Notice how every movie fades out
>>
>>71774855
>Notice how every movie fades out
What?
>>
it's a technique for studio recordings
a lot of artists record a 10-20 min jam of a song
during the jams the band members kinda just end all randomly
so they just take either the section they want for the end product, or just use clips from all over the recording
>>
>>71774846
I'm not saying it is irrelevant. It is only relevant because there are similarities between the two. You are noting those similarities to make your point. This is not difficult to understand.
>>
>>71774958
Most intelligent post on this thread. Thanks for pointing this out for all the autists.
>>
>>71774298
Why does it matter? A song can have a conclusion and a fade out, or not have a conclusion and have a fade out. What difference does it make if the music abruptly stops at the same time it could fade out instead? Absolutely none.
>>
>>71774970
>similarities between two things indicate there must be a comparison being made

Lmfao.
>>
>>71774345
>I mean if you want to hear more of the same song you can always just play it again.
It has nothing to do with this. fade out, is like a movie having no conclusion, it still won't have a conclusion if you rewind the movie.
>>
>>71774840
>you start to lower your tempo
Marathons are for undesirables. I prefer a sprint where you get faster towards the end and then fall to the ground elated.
>>
>>71775151
thats a conclusion in itself my dude
>>
>>71775130
The original posts entire point was based on drawing similarities between the two. Also known as a comparison. If you can't see that, I don't know what to say.
>>
File: 1458517333935.jpg (23KB, 275x284px) Image search: [Google]
1458517333935.jpg
23KB, 275x284px
>>71774855
>>
>>71774298
Shut up autist, I like fade outs, they're an interesting way to handle some songs.
>>
>>71775255
You don't know what to say in most situations I would think, which is why you should stop posting kiddo :^)
>>
>>71775401
Seems you don't either, considering you're just shit flinging and not arguing.
>>
>>71775424
You literally just told me what the point of the post I made was
there's no point arguing with autism like that lmfao
>>
>>71775467
>autism
you literally don't know what a comparison is. besides, never did i tell you what the point of your own post is. try actually reading my posts next time
>>
>>71775547
alright captain autism
>>
>>71775598
ouch
>>
>>71775661
must be a boring insult to hear so many times in your life right lmfao
>>
>>71775685
stop it, you're hurting my feelings
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.