[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What annoys me the most about oasis more than them being a Beatles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

What annoys me the most about oasis more than them being a Beatles rehash was they refused to ever be experimental, can you imagine all the hype around be here now, and instead of it being a let down its like some weird mix of the Beatles, trip hop, and shoegaze, which would have totally made sense for the time.
>>
>>71772325
it hurts so much especially because noel seemed so interested at one time to experiment with the bands music. i mean dyknow what i mean had a fucking NWA sample in it.
>>
>>71772325
Columbia is shoegazy
>>
>>71772367
you know i've been meaning to ask but is there any shoe gaze bands where the singers actually sing.
>>
This thread is unsettling
>>
>>71772325
They did a bit of experimenting. Just very little. SOTSOG they tried mellowing out and sounding kinda like Psychedelic era Beatles on a few songs. Which in a way is even more pathetic that they felt the best way to experiment was to rip off the way The Beatles experimented.

But I think their last two albums, especially Don't Believe the Truth, had a pretty different sound. Almost a more stripped down Rock and Roll vibe. Very little like their early albums.

But I agree a shoegaze or trip hop sound would have been nice. But it might have just dated them even more.
>>
>>71772325
>them being a Beatles rehash
when will this meme stop? there's like 3 moments in their entire career where they sound like the beatles
>>
>>71773036
Don't forget Be Here Now they experimented with cocaine.
>>
>>71773079
Basically they were a mash up of 60s bands
>sound like the Beatles
>Noel tries to make """edgy""" comments like Lennon but fails
>have a rivalry with another British band (blur) just like the Rolling Stones
>sibling rivalry which they stole from the kinks

Did these guys do anything original?
>>
>>71773906
>sound like the Beatles
Meme
>Noel tries to make """edgy""" comments like Lennon but fails
He said something like "the beatles were bigger than Jesus and we are bigger than the beatles" they were "edgy" and arrogant in some way but it was all part of their gimmick.
>have a rivalry with another British band (blur) just like the Rolling Stones
Literally made up by the NME to sell magazines, Liam, being a dumbass as usual, fell for it. They really hated Phil Collins, Robbie Williams and Wayne Rooney, though.
>sibling rivalry which they stole from the kinks
The rivalry is real, though. They haven't get along for almost a decade now. They keep shit talking each other given the smallest opportunity.
>>
>>71773079
I thought they were more like Slade.
>>
>>71772367
Columbia White Label Demo even more so
>>
>>71774779
This. And status quo.
>>
>>71774100
They hated Slowdive to hell and beyond as well
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.