[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/daily/ - the dooob edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 106

File: 1461805751387.jpg (19KB, 221x224px) Image search: [Google]
1461805751387.jpg
19KB, 221x224px
The point of these threads is to critically analyse musical traditions from all over the world, including the western pop canon, and perform discourse on the topic. This discourse shapes what is allowed to be discussed and who is allowed to take part. As a shibboleth against lowbrows, the highest caliber of dank memes is used as communication. By doing this, we can create a utopia for true music lovers and colonise the planet, solar system, and galaxy. Every single utterance here is broadcast wirelessly, somewhere, some time, and will as such be launched into the infinity of space.

Links:
https://www.neverendingchartrendering.org/
https://plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
http://dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
https://discord.gg/8exuEmG

last thread: >>71743936
>>
File: IMG_1873.jpg (149KB, 630x788px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1873.jpg
149KB, 630x788px
Ferst
>>
File: soup.png (275KB, 535x471px) Image search: [Google]
soup.png
275KB, 535x471px
soup
>>
File: Freeform2.jpg (82KB, 1560x720px) Image search: [Google]
Freeform2.jpg
82KB, 1560x720px
>The Jesus and Mary Chain - Damage and Joy
No surprises here. They've not brought the Psychocandy wall of fuzz back and they're writing decent to good songs that owe a lot to The Velvet Underground and 60s pop. I didn't expect them to reinvent the wheel but it is their weakest yet, there's not one fantastic JAMC song here, it's all just good. A lot of the lyrics aren't great. They should have used that organ a lot more. It's a bit long too, there are far too many average tracks here, trim them and the album would be a lot more enjoyable. I'm obviously a big fan though so even average JAMC is still good to me. 3+/5

>Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young - Deja Vu
What a load of hippy BULLSHIT! Young's songs (Helpless and Country Girl) are pretty good but the rest ranges from average to terrible, cheesy fucking folk rock and even cheesier lyrics about peace, love, not cutting your hair, letting your freak flag fly, yeah man! When compared with Young's introspective songwriting it's just embarassing. 2.5-/5

>Кaзмa-Кaзмa [Kazma Kazma] - Пляcки тpyбaдypoв
It's a bit goofy at times with the weird instrumentation like flutes and horns but this is pretty cool folky post-punk. I don't really know how to describe it, definitely weird. 3.5-/5

>JFA - Blatant Localism EP
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 nostalgia innit. Beach Blanket Bong-out is THE song here, and it's just great fast, snotty skate punk. 4/5

>Dogwander - The Exalted Garden
Really good stuff. Said it already but I'm really liking Lion Tamer, it's the strongest vocal and lyrical performance of them all imo and the quiet guitar works really well with your voice. The couple of louder and more droney parts of the album didn't work quite as well as your quiet, more ambient parts for me but it's all good, that 3 track run of Filth in My Mind, Lion Tamer and Darkness Moves are probably the best. Nice job man. 3.5/5

wew 2: Electric Boogaloo
>>
File: 1473474705665.jpg (57KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1473474705665.jpg
57KB, 300x300px
>>71767864
>>
File: 66885.jpg (105KB, 640x656px) Image search: [Google]
66885.jpg
105KB, 640x656px
Damn, after all the hate this received, I really hoped for something worthwhile. But you all were right, this is just plain bad, not even interestin in some way, just really really boring.

Tomorrow I'll give the JAMC a chance, I have no idea what to expect, I haven't listened to anything from them for a few years
>>
File: IMG_0156.jpg (54KB, 549x557px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0156.jpg
54KB, 549x557px
THIZZ IS WHAT IT IZZ
>>
>>71768896
>expecting anything good out of the residents in 2017
as much as i love them they really should've called it quits after wormwood. also can they seriously stop with this shitty 00s photoshop album cover style? it's fucking disgusting and it makes all of their music look extremely unprofessional. what ever happened to pore know graphics? after all the other founders of Cryptic Corporation left the band/company, flynn has just been dragging this amazing art collective into the ground and i really hope that after this he just sticks to touring with randy, chuck and bob and never hits the studio again.
>>
>>71769008
>not enjoying Photoshop album art

What a fuckin pleb
>>
>>71768896
>>71769008
also can they pick up some god damn real instruments again? ever since Flynn discovered MIDI he's refused to go back to analog instrumentation (except for a tour here and there) and while there have been some successful albums made with it (Wormwood, Demons Dance Alone) it's made him shit out garbage album after garbage album faster than ever. The reason the 70s and early 80s Residents albums were fantastic was because they didn't have any fancy equipment or any devices where they could just input what they want to make and poof there's your new album, it came from doing it yourself with whatever things you had lying around. They didn't know how to play instruments, but that didn't matter, they put together the albums they wanted to make with whatever sounds came out of them. As long as The Residents don't return to that concept of DIY and analog instrumentation, they're never going to make another enjoyable album.
>>
>>71769008
O really haven't heard much from their more recent output, so I had no idea it would be that bad
The cover should have been a warning sign, yeah
>>
>>71769094
Synths are fine but they got stuck on that "1991 MIDI home studio" sound for way, way too long.

Same thing happened to Paddy McAloon/Prefab Sprout.

I guess people who came of age in a certain era have trouble teaching themselves decent budget home studio production.
>>
what are some essential dream pop / shoegaze albums?
>>
File: another collage.jpg (450KB, 1250x1250px) Image search: [Google]
another collage.jpg
450KB, 1250x1250px
late, but here

>>71769343
>dream pop
any of the first 3 radio dept records
cigarette after sex is a recent band to look out for
his name is alive - livonia

>shoegaze
bowery electric - s/t
slowdive -s/t
>>
File: koombat2015.png (4MB, 2850x1680px) Image search: [Google]
koombat2015.png
4MB, 2850x1680px
Ben Zimmerman - The Baltika Years
>Sequencer & MIDI

"Phyllis" launches off the album with what I could only imagine as early Steve Reich implanted in a children's toy, before openly flaunting the composition techniques Zimmerman uses (a Tandy DeskMate, a since long forgotten operating system). Silence and quiet static separate the phases of MIDI tones, and it's quite the introductory piece for the album.

The fact that this is more of an archive of old tracks by Zimmerman than an album is obvious. The Space Jack Hammer stuck out to me as a smoother track amongst the many interludes and fragments, while Redecorated Proto-Computations quietly unloads 8-bit Industrial beats. The string of 1 minute tracks following that were also more enjoyable than the beginning-- Zimmerman's production definitely grew over time, and it shows. Life Without Liz is a nice melancholic piano break, and F-Trip is almost danceable.

The album closes with the 6 part Pausebreak. Hip hop, drum & bass and allusions to the first tracks are present here. An excellent closer to an album with a stiff start. Take a look if you like Aphex, Andy Stott, Daniel Lopatin.

7/10
>>
(1/2)

Disco Inferno - The 5 EPs (2011)
>experimental rock, post-rock

I'm pretty cold on D.I. Go Pop, so I wasn't expecting terribly much from this. To my pleasant surprise, this is mostly awesome. I'm not huge on DI's take on sound collages (which is why I don't really like Go Pop), and the collage-based tracks here are similarly not entirely to my liking, but even they're done better here. The ethereal tracks from the Summer's Last Sound EP might still have the same issues with rambling and having way too many things going on the same time, but they're also incredibly evocative, they truly do paint a picture of Summer's Last Sound, whatever that may be. The rest of the compilation takes a decidedly more rock-based approach, and while the major issue of every track being /way/ too busy is still apparent, I like the more standard tracks like this more than the collagey tracks. They're really chill and cool but they never skimp on the noise or the edge, and the use of sampling is wonderful. Case in point, the "Lust for Life" drums made fucking MASSIVE on "It's a Kid's World", my favorite track here. I'd honestly like more of the noise pop/rock sound (yes, I'm getting on Technicolour soon), because it's just such a bright, fun, huge sound, but there's enough of it on this comp to make it really enjoyable.

3.0+
>>
File: Droning Trip Up Stick.png (2MB, 2604x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Droning Trip Up Stick.png
2MB, 2604x1800px
>>71769832
(2/2)

Tim Hecker - Radio Amor (2003)
>ambient, drone

I'm always impressed by Hecker's ability to make such deep, dark, reverberating sounds and textures. To re-use a comment from the Disco Inferno write-up up there, this is really evocative music at its core. Every sound and tone on this album feels like its /just/ out of reach, like something beautiful that's moving further and further away as you get closer to it. This can be a bit of a total fucking tease, because sometimes Hecker tends to build up to something amazing that never really comes, but that's alright when the tracks are as good as this. Every track is transfixing even if some of them seem really messy from a compositional standpoint, because Hecker's textures are so damn good, along with his usage of space and silence. The piano usage is really great as well, kinda wish it turned up more. Harmony in Ultraviolet has the edge quality-wise, but this ain't no slouch.

Moodymann - Black Mahogani (2004)
>deep house

Takes a really damn long time to get going. The first half of the album is some weird, idiosyncratic nu jazz with a lot of acoustic percussion, and it's not all that great. Hypnotic and all, but it seems thrown together with no regard to flow, which is probably the most important part of a house record. There are some little house additions here and there, but they're tantalizingly short. The second half is much better, it's good ol' deep house at it's finest and funkiest, it flows perfectly and "Mahogani 9000" is an incredible track. I'd really dig this if it was just the second half, but the first half brings it down.

2.5+
>>
File: freeform5.png (2MB, 1940x1940px) Image search: [Google]
freeform5.png
2MB, 1940x1940px
Eddie Lang - Jazz Guitar Virtuoso
>Swing, Jazz, Blues
Pretty killer jazz guitar instrumentals with a pre-war swing style. The tracks are either unaccompanied or feature a second guitar or piano, but the focal point never leaves Eddie. While sparse in personnel, the songs here manage to muster the same emotion and feel as a full orchestra; perhaps more at times with the emotive qualities of the string work. A little limited in it's scope and application limits it's re-listenability, but it is fantastic for what it is. The guitar work is astounding.

7.0 /10

>>71769343
There's only like 5 2bh
>>
>>71769536
thanks!
>>71769803
glad you found it interesting.
>>71769973
i'm excited to see you getting more into full on ambient stuff. soon i won't be as alone.
>>71770075
that's fine. give me them i guess.
>>
>>71770130
Loveless, Souvlaki, Yerself is Steam, Heaven or Las Vegas, Flying Saucer Attack
>>
>>71769536
Is the one with Ann frank real?
>>
File: Another Backlog.png (1MB, 3500x2200px) Image search: [Google]
Another Backlog.png
1MB, 3500x2200px
Tool - Aenima
>Progressive Metal, Alt Metal

I dug this way more than I was expecting. Tool have this reputation for being pretentious and pompous but I didn’t pick up on that during this album. Their fanbase might be part of this - the only people I’ve known that liked them were pretty obnoxious. But musically, they don’t sound too pretentious - despite some tracks that wander and a few meh interludes.

The atmosphere on here is really tight though. It’s super psychedelic and brooding, with heavy bass, dark guitar riffs and more of that pounding drumming I usually dig in metal. It’s got that wandering, shoegaze kind of pace too which is a nice change of pace from the metal I’ve been hearing lately. I never understood their reputation as “intellectual” though. I think the complex/proggy passages are sewn in smoothly and the lyrics, despite being out there - aren’t too bizarre for metal.

I think I mostly just love this doomy kind of metal. Sure, there’s moments where songs drag on a few minutes longer than they should (“Push It”, “Third Eye”) - but they actually aren’t as common as I’d thought. Something about this also feels vaguely spiritual for some reason which is surprisingly a big plus. I think it’s easy to make that sound corny, especially in rock - but these dudes pull it off.

Not knowing much about this going in, I was pleasantly surprised.

4/5
>>
File: EHGWfd1.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
EHGWfd1.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
>>
>>71770130
I've definitely discovered a big love for ambient, I'm excited to get into it more.
>>
File: Freeform Chart 6.png (1MB, 1560x720px) Image search: [Google]
Freeform Chart 6.png
1MB, 1560x720px
Sorority Noise - You're Not As _____ As You Think (2017)
>emo, indie rock

The first two tracks are wonderful slices of emotive, raw, soul-bearing emo. The rest is some pretty bland MOR stuff. It's a lot like The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me, both in sound and in the fact that an excellent opener gives way to a pretty mediocre album. This is honestly a decent bit better than the album it takes such obvious inspiration from, because it doesn't have any notable lows and it's very consistent, but it's consistency also has every track tread similar ground, and the passion and emotion is definitely dulled after the second track. Certainly a shit ton better than their debut, and I'm excited to see where these guys go.

2.0+
>>
>>71770610
Haha what a redditor amiryt fellas? I mean what's the deal with liking tool??
>>
>>71771244
try this maybe?

https://acreil.bandcamp.com/album/flutter-straight-on-the-nine-miles
>>
File: heh.png (321KB, 456x512px) Image search: [Google]
heh.png
321KB, 456x512px
>>71771598
>>
>>71771676
I'll give it a listen, thanks.
>>
ded bump
>>
geez
>>
This thread is so dead omg
>>
>>71773510
it's friday night, everyone's out partying :)
>>
>>71773534
>/mu/
>partying

Nah but that's probably true. Usually there's some others on here at this point though, not everyone goes out every night, ya know?
>>
>>71773567
hmm well I have work in 6 hours, better get some sleep
>>
>>71773604
Jeez good luck
>>
>>71773510
Dont worry, euro daily should be waking up soon

I should head back to sleep tho its 3am

>>71770610
Nice review but third eye is NOT too long
>>
Mornin' daily
Is the listenalong album picked yet? Is it on youtube? Because I'm on a (nine hour) bus to Bologna and I have free wifi.
>>
File: BFK.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
BFK.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>71773751
>mfw someone likes my shitty daily review

Thanks dude. To each his own, I just thought it meandered a little bit too much. Great album though overall

Also yeah, I always assume Euro daily will step in and keep the threads alive around this time
>>
koombat2015.png
4MB, 2850x1680px
>>71769803
bumping with another shit meme review

Jasmine Guffond - Yellow Bell
>Ambient/Drone

Was worried that the album would be one-dimensional New Age chords, but thankfully each track has progression. This is also on the busier side of the Ambient spectrum, which I prefer. Guffond uses her voice, synths, instrumentation, AND samples, adjusting their ratios as each track moves forward. I do think that the really bass on some of the tracks was a bit much, however.

The majority of the album is atmosphere, but Guffond actually sings on a few tracks. On the track Elephant, she sings about an Elephant in her room. Charming, but her voice isn't anything unique as it tinnily echoes around every other sound. Perhaps the variety of sound sorces detract from the album's overall focus, but I can't say I hate that.

Maybe look into this if you like Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith or Grouper, but don't expect this to be entirely dreamy. It pulls from many other areas of drone and ambient, making for a curious (if not familiar) listen.

6/10
>>
>>71773794
Unfortunately not, co wasn't in the last thread at all :/
We're off to a good start
>>
>>71775083
Lmao this lasted 1 week less than i expected
>>
>>71775224
what are you implying about my week...
>>
>>71775315
nothing against your week, just assumed everyone would be lukewarm about co's pick and remember why listenalongs died

idk if you were here for the og listenalongs but you could rec something really good and people still wouldn't like it, which is why most resorted to memes and short EPs
>>
Hey guys!

Thank you very much for your reviews. Made the hangover much more bearable.

<3
>>
>>71775389
i see i see
>>
>>71773794
>>71775083
sorry!
The Exalted Garden ;^)
>>
>>71775083
co is heckin wack
>>
>>71775649
dogwander dont use co's trip wtf
>>
File: le transgod face.jpg (26KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
le transgod face.jpg
26KB, 245x245px
>>71775692
hmm, in that case
yamir - Mullväd
>>
>>71775712
wew please no
>>
>>71775712
>>71775649
shesh
>>
>>71770282
thnx
>>71771244
i'd recommend most things from the 12k catalog. really solid label.
>>
File: 1484354848236.png (358KB, 552x543px) Image search: [Google]
1484354848236.png
358KB, 552x543px
>>71775729
too late, i decided
>>
>>71775649
wew lad
>>
File: 5050chart1.jpg (1MB, 1295x1074px) Image search: [Google]
5050chart1.jpg
1MB, 1295x1074px
muisc
fishmans was good, nothing much of standout moments, but just nice all the way through, weather report and walking in the rythym i quite liked.
7+

hear hums i knew i was going to like and i was right, first few songs didn't quite click that well but it picked up, great texture and state of mind relaxing freak folk
8-
>>
File: mornin_winter_pigger.png (248KB, 600x463px) Image search: [Google]
mornin_winter_pigger.png
248KB, 600x463px
Morning daily! I got a job in municipal infrastructure for the summer; no more corn slinging for this pig!

Gonna listen to some obnoxiously long ambient albums and work on assignments now.
What are y'all plans for the summer?
>>
File: IMG_1773.jpg (63KB, 750x594px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1773.jpg
63KB, 750x594px
tfw you somehow set your alarm for 4:30 am so you lay awake for 2 hours wanting to die because you can't go back to sleep

>>71776817
I'll be sure to check out Opens, neat album cover

>>71776913
Find work and not die
>>
>>71776913
quit job and die
>>
>>71776913
>What are y'all plans for the summer?
make money, spend money, eat babies
>>
File: me after getting a job.jpg (71KB, 303x474px) Image search: [Google]
me after getting a job.jpg
71KB, 303x474px
>>71776913
find a job
dont r eally have anything else planned besides what i always do
>>
>>71776913
Leaving the big city to pick up some country influence for LP2
>>
File: czerwonykapturek.jpg (153KB, 2048x1503px) Image search: [Google]
czerwonykapturek.jpg
153KB, 2048x1503px
>>71776913
Not find work and die
>>
File: 1477871120949.jpg (35KB, 567x437px) Image search: [Google]
1477871120949.jpg
35KB, 567x437px
>>71776975
fucc i got played
>>
>>71776913
getting sexts
>>
>>71777784
:(
>>
>>71777751
lol nerdasss
>>
File: 1489411254587.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1489411254587.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>71777784
hmm
>>
test
sorry
>>
File: IMG_0154.png (123KB, 291x291px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0154.png
123KB, 291x291px
Recc me random albums I need stuff to listen to

>>71776913
Make some money, move into a new apartment fuck people
>>
>>71777784
I meant realistic plans
>>
>>71776913
Get my wife pregnant, get a promotion, try to rejoin /daily/
>>
>>71776913
hey jangle opinion on Gaius Julius Ceaser's Commentaries on the Gallic Wars
>>
>>71776913
also
>summer

my soul shall be filled with the black frost of the night
>>
>>71777000
>>71777062
>>71777211
sicc

>>71777862
https://rateyourmusic.com/list/Jangle_Bojangle/underappreciated-gems-great-albums-in-need-of-attention/

>>71777884
Godspeed to your seed
>>
File: mr_oinkaloinks.jpg (75KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
mr_oinkaloinks.jpg
75KB, 800x531px
>>71778050
>>71778074
leave me alone you fukken wierdo
>>
File: cover.jpg (176KB, 500x701px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
176KB, 500x701px
>>71777862
how random?
>>
File: folder.jpg (57KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
57KB, 500x500px
>>71777862
this random?
little less?
>>
File: IMG_0152.jpg (14KB, 101x193px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0152.jpg
14KB, 101x193px
>>71778122
THis is fine

>>71778157
lets tone it down a bit there lad
>>
File: folder.jpg (108KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
108KB, 600x600px
>>71778177
gotchu
>>
>>71777862
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98fqXx-KFgI
>>
File: IMG_0158.jpg (424KB, 838x505px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0158.jpg
424KB, 838x505px
Which should I listen to first /daily/
>>
>>71778494
>>71778507

wait no do Chumbawamba first
>>
i'm about to start the new residents album.... pray i don't come back with a five post rant

>LFO - Frequencies
i have literally nothing to say

>>71778494
REPENT
>>
>>71776913
congrats pigger!

i suppose i'll just do as many normie teenagey summer things as possible before going off into the scary real world
>>
>>71778494
>>71778591
chumbawamba seems interesting
i wanted to get into them since the todd episode
that
>>
>>71778591
Chumbawumba it is

>>71778605
>Ran
>3 stars

I hope that album is trash just so you can suffer
>>
>>71778641
Chumbawumba is lowkey a fantastic band

Their work with Negativland is awesome, same with both their pop and anarcho punk stuff
>>
>>71778659
>I hope that album is trash just so you can suffer
i already know it's trash, i just wanna see how trash it is.

you do know a 3/5 means i liked it, right? that's a positive rating.
>>
File: IMG_0159.jpg (368KB, 1200x1750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0159.jpg
368KB, 1200x1750px
>MR THOMAS EDISON, MIXING UP THE MEDICINE

why chumbawamba

why

>>71778799
It deserves a full 4 boy
>>
>>71778494
Sicc, do Repent if you feel like punching a wall or Quarteto Novo if you feel like drinking coffee by the fireplace.

>>71778619
Thank, real world is the shittiest video game ever created, enjoy life while you can.
>>
>>71776913
congrats pal

music festivals and sorting out moving to the big city probably

>>71778494
northern soul, noice
>>
>>71778959
Don't listen to him, real world is fun if you do it right.
>>
>>71779186
were on fourchan were obviously doing it wrong
>>
>>71779193
not me lad, I'm only 25% failure
>>
>>71779216
thats what they all say
>>
File: IMG_0248.jpg (33KB, 342x342px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0248.jpg
33KB, 342x342px
>>71776913
Speaking of obnoxiously long ambient albums, does anyone know if this 7 hour long album is worth my time
>>
>>71778959
>real world is the shittiest video game ever created
hype
>>
>>71779368
your time is worthless so probably wont be fun tho just a heads up
>>
>>71779368
Kek, literally listening to the longer sequel, it's pretty good yah.
>>
File: IMG_0158.jpg (133KB, 838x505px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0158.jpg
133KB, 838x505px
>Chumbawamba - Un

Wow, that was a huge disappointment. On Un, Chumba really goes all out with the world influences with some folk and rap mixed in there, and it sounds atrocious.

It comes of across as really bland and corny, which does not gel well with the bands revolutionary politics, creating some weird dissonance throughout the whole thing.

The production is almost too slick, it reminds me of music I'd hear in the background of a World Cup as.

2/5

>I'm a really terrible reviewer
>>
>>71779436
sounds like a fragrance

Perpetual eau de toilet
>>
>>71779444
>goes all out with the world influences with some folk and rap mixed in there
>creating some weird dissonance throughout the whole thing
>almost too slick
p much sold me on it so how terrible can you really be
>>
File: IMG_3859.png (910KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3859.png
910KB, 750x1334px
Fuck, I wanted to like this but goddamn.

This was my second listen. After the first, I had a pretty positive reaction, like Dennis was the Beach Boys' George Harrison. The album severely shrunk on the second listen, though. Not as varied as the previous decade of Beach Boys albums. He's kind of striking out on his own but he's not discovering new musical territory. He's Stephen Stills, but you get the idea that he used to surf (beach hippie lyrics, sadly no surf sounds in the music). The damn goose honking comes off as a novelty, then an annoyance. Tragic bio for Dennis, but not enough to canonize this record.

All that said, it's pleasant. It's not unpleasant. Very standard mid 70s rock. It's disappointing, but maybe I set myself up for disappointment.
>>
>>71779444
Seems like a good review to me. I can imagine what the record sounds like and I know specifics about why you hold your opinion.

(Not knowing the album, I don't know if your premises are accurate and your conclusions logical, which would be the third bit of a Good review)
>>
>>71779765
Agreed. Awesome album cover, just some 'meh' kinda music.
>>
Someone rec me three albums to listen to while i do some shit around the house
>>
File: 1490203628809.png (61KB, 584x521px) Image search: [Google]
1490203628809.png
61KB, 584x521px
>>71770973
Pottery

Music for that class?
>>
>>71779922
The Sonics - Boom
Television - Marquee Moon
The Stooges - Raw Power
>>
>>71779922
Burt Bacharach - What the World Needs Now

Freddie Hubbard - Red Clay
>>
>>71779922
Big Daddy Kane - Long live the Kane
>>
>>71779922
Orange Juice - You Can't Hide your Love Forever
Luiz Bonfá - Solo in Rio 1959
Television - Live at the Old Waldorf 1978
>>
>>71779946
born under punches
>>
koombat2015.png
4MB, 2850x1680px
had to choose this album next because that face on the cover is so irritating to look at

Visionist - Safe
>UK Bass/Grime/Ambient/Whatever

Not sure what's with Electronica/Grime albums that have several 1 to 2 minute tracks. These albums incorporating fragments of genres into their sound certaninly aren't awful, considering one of my favorite albums of the past decade is just that, but I'm not sure what it says about the artist themselves. They usually just end up feeling like unfinished tracks, which is what ends up happening in this album.

That said, the collection of tracks here take advantage of their range of influences. Trap-esque vocal sampling is used in a dreamy and staticy manner, even if it's the same crooning/chipmunk voices you'd hear in many other recent electronic "alt. _______" albums. I may have to relisten to this, but the only track that kinda stuck with me was Victim. Everything else was in one ear, out the other.

Reminded me of Klein - Only or ADR - Throat. Kind of like a mish-mash of the two, especially in terms of manipulating vocal samples. Also reminded me of Tim Hecker - Love Stream when it came to the choral sounds.

6/10
>>
>>71780868
How do you expect anyone to trust you when your name is a question mark
>>
>>71781015
It's actually an interrobang, notice the exclamation points after
>>
File: IMG_3861.png (885KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3861.png
885KB, 750x1334px
How do you even rate buttrock? Almost a waste of a half hour, but some redeeming qualities. Good melodies, fun attitude I guess, but just too shallow and brain dead. Like Aerosmith but with charisma. Will soon forget.
>>
>>71781272
2.5/5 and move on
>>
>>71781015
gee sorry man I just really like this track called ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqs3kdg_Lbc

You sayin i should make it my rym name or something
>>
>>71781556
No I just like bullying people for no reason.

>>71781077
I'll interrobang ur mom hoser
>>
>>71781856
:0
(I walked right into that one)
>>
File: topsters2.png (2MB, 2858x2400px) Image search: [Google]
topsters2.png
2MB, 2858x2400px
new and improved chart

my ratings on rym are FUCKED
>>
>>71782494
NICE KLF, buddy pal

listen to Dadawah's Peace and Love (Wadadasow) for some ambient reggae goodness
>>
>>71782527
Sounds wild, will check out
>>
>>71782494
for a split second that big star album looked like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAKTwj4UJR0
lit track
>>
Kaleidoscopic Lovers was the best song of 2016

>>71782614
I dig it
>>
>>71782691
nah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iphPkgm5f1A
>>
>>71782807
Who hurt you
>>
>Traumprinz - Mothercave
like i said before, traumprinz (and dj metatron) are just prince of denmark's alternate names where he tosses off his B-sides and more house styled cuts that couldn't make it to a Prince of Denmark release. This one's actually good though, but there's a really obvious formula going on. ya know, start up a beat, take some vocal sample and loop it a bit, yeah that seems good enough let's move on
>>
File: WFF.png (8KB, 298x286px) Image search: [Google]
WFF.png
8KB, 298x286px
bump

post your last 100 and guess who's who
[you can find this in your profile, next to Recommendations, click on automatic and then on last 100]
>>
>>71783449
yamir lmao get out
>>
File: Capture.jpg (22KB, 388x351px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
22KB, 388x351px
>>71783449
jangle?
>>
>>71783449
def yamir
>>71783500
s
>>
>>71783449
yamir or jangle idk

>>71783500
stick

>>71783519
justok
>>
File: angry grrr.png (55KB, 227x220px) Image search: [Google]
angry grrr.png
55KB, 227x220px
>>71783479
no you get out

>>71783500
jangle would have way more jazz and nerdy classical stuff

you uhhh im not sure which one of you is big on metal

>>71783519
man im really bad at both hiding who i am and guessing who others are
>>
>>71783557
yes woolite it is i
>>
Where to find this genre chart
>>
File: Screenshot (18).png (9KB, 312x293px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (18).png
9KB, 312x293px
>>71783500
stick?
>>71783449
gfr? yamir?
>>
>>71783599
see >>71783449
>>
>>71783557
woolite
>>
>>71783606
youre triangle innit

>>71783557
why do people confuse me with jangle
youre one of the new guys but i can't put my finger on which one. comet? mglue?
>>
>>71783557
>>71783519
nope, you're woolite
>>71783606
and you're nat
>>
>>71783641
Not me
>>
>>71783594
>>71783630
>>71783643
Yup, way too easy
>>
File: thing.jpg (19KB, 373x307px) Image search: [Google]
thing.jpg
19KB, 373x307px
>>71783519
Thomas?
>>
File: IMG_0164.jpg (77KB, 640x1023px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0164.jpg
77KB, 640x1023px
>>71783606
natty boy
>>
>>71783697
nope
>>
>>71770380
yeah, it's child pornography
>>
>>71783721
Excuse me
>>
can yall stop saying >>71783606 is nat he's not the only that likes primitivism its obviously triangle man

>>71783697
jimmyjazz i get my revenge
>>
File: cp.gif (64KB, 500x446px) Image search: [Google]
cp.gif
64KB, 500x446px
>>71783761
>>
File: child p.jpg (38KB, 362x350px) Image search: [Google]
child p.jpg
38KB, 362x350px
>>71783805
shit, wrong pic
>>
>>71783782
good job yummy boy ;}
>>
>>71783782
>>71783641
yamir's on it

to be fair nat and I have been sharing a chart lmao
>>
File: Tourney.jpg (939KB, 3180x2112px) Image search: [Google]
Tourney.jpg
939KB, 3180x2112px
okay we finally have a tiebreaker, people

triangle recs:
>This Heat - Health and Efficiency
Well this was pretty neat. The first song was a post-punk "soundscape" that could've been found on Deceit, and it's easily up there with the best stuff on it. The second was a drone piece that could've been found on their s/t; it was good but nothing groundbreaking.

jangle recs:
>Slint - Slint
"Glenn" was basically just two chords repeated over and over again and constantly switching from relaxed to intense throughout. Pretty boring imo. "Rhoda" was a bit more complex and engaging, but still nowhere near as good as anything on Spiderland. Overall it wasn't terrible but when I finished listening to this I felt extremely underwhelmed, and it wasn't because of the lack of vocals.

triangle cubed moves on! Rec me an album please.
Sorry jangle&bojangle, thanks for playing.
>>
>>71784114
frickin FINALLY

get reked jangly wangly

Cluster - Cluster II
>>
>>71784114
>>71784193
triangle is about to win so hard
>>
File: neil.png (199KB, 305x330px) Image search: [Google]
neil.png
199KB, 305x330px
>>
File: 1488166917229.png (408KB, 416x601px) Image search: [Google]
1488166917229.png
408KB, 416x601px
music.
>>
File: fruit on pizza.png (24KB, 329x402px) Image search: [Google]
fruit on pizza.png
24KB, 329x402px
plug is the place you should be in right now
>>
>>71785624
omw once i finish this album
>>
File: Condescending_zaius.jpg (39KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
Condescending_zaius.jpg
39KB, 250x333px
>>71785624
why would I want to hang out with a bunch of anti-pineapple plebs?
>>
hey what happened with the listenalong what album is it gonna be
>>
>>71786092
yamir - mullvad
>>
File: wew lad.png (6KB, 356x66px) Image search: [Google]
wew lad.png
6KB, 356x66px
>>71786314
are you really co
how do i verify this

i need some.... COnfirmation
>>
>>71786359
shesh
>>
>>71786374
ksh ksh
mic check
>>
>>71783449
>>71783500
>>71783519
>>71783557
>>71783606
>>71783697
>>71783700
yall sdc dont even trip
>>
File: suncat.jpg (116KB, 650x866px) Image search: [Google]
suncat.jpg
116KB, 650x866px
>>71786999
could these digits lie to anyone?
>>
come plug
>>
File: mio heck.png (702KB, 423x424px) Image search: [Google]
mio heck.png
702KB, 423x424px
>>71787146
ayy heck
>>
>>71775712
yeah i dont think im gonna do this if people are reccing memes and shit they made
>>
File: blackmetal.png (4MB, 1672x1008px) Image search: [Google]
blackmetal.png
4MB, 1672x1008px
I'm back~

Here's what ive been up to
>>
>>71787381
lameo
>>
File: bubbasstypestuff.png (3MB, 2010x1372px) Image search: [Google]
bubbasstypestuff.png
3MB, 2010x1372px
>>71787414
and this
>>
Also I'm currently working on listening to my 1000th album, guess what it is (it's 8 hours long).. and I've also begun to rate singles that aren't part of other albums/ eps
>>
>>71787466
Disintegration Poops
>>
>>71787480
GOOD post
>>
>>71784114
wtf delete RIGGED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:-(
>>
>>71787466
your RYM spoiled it................. Elegy box thingy
>>
>>71787381
im not doing the shilling, sorry

>>71787466
that elegy box meme that's becoming the next big thing to rate as your x000th album

>>71787480
GOOD post [2]
>>
PLUG

it a party in here
>>
umm
rip plug
>>
>>71788031
or is it
>>
that feel when
>>
wow rude
>>
File: ree.png (430KB, 1600x863px) Image search: [Google]
ree.png
430KB, 1600x863px
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>71788124
why ur screen so dark wtf
>>
That's what you all get!!!
>>
>>71788124
darkreader extention?
>>
this is direct karma
or
did jangle DDoS plug?
:0
>>
goodnight daily sleep tight
>>
>>71788144
he's not paying electricity billls cause u didnt buy his shitty music
>>
I think I like the new Jens Lekman more than the new Sondre Lerche
>>
File: im angry.jpg (49KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
im angry.jpg
49KB, 720x405px
>>71788144
i use a screen dimmer i have old man eyes

>>71788171
pangolin screen dimmer

>>71788181
this
>>
>>71788201
ah
>>
>>71778605
>>LFO - Frequencies
>i have literally nothing to say
what did he mean by this
>>71776913
>job in municipal infrastructure for the summer
i have no idea what this means but
congrats
>>71769343
>what are some essential dream pop / shoegaze albums?
IMO
first two swirlies albums
seefeel - quique
all natural lemon & lime flavors - turning into small
a sunny day in glasgow - scribble mural comic journal
insides - euphoria
>>
>>71788189
What even is real anymore
>>
>>71788323
>what did he mean by this
it was very, very, very ok

>>71788335
why do people feel the need to clarify they're posting from their phone
no one uses "yam's computer" or anything dumb like that why's it gotta be with phones
>>
plug is back
>>
File: were back.png (624KB, 1600x866px) Image search: [Google]
were back.png
624KB, 1600x866px
we're back lads
>>
>>71787480
>your RYM spoiled it................. Elegy box thingy
wait how because it was on my backlog?
>>
>>71788450
no, your review
>>
>>71788189
thanks, i'll remember not to listen to the new lerche then haha

should check out the one you like sometimes i guess tho
>>
>>71788482
the fuck i thought no one got the notification since i didnt publish it
>>
>>71788323
>i have no idea what this means
It's a man's job, you wouldn't understand.
>>
>>71789022
reddit
>>
>>71789022
Lol
>>
File: weeew.png (9KB, 298x247px) Image search: [Google]
weeew.png
9KB, 298x247px
>>71783643
>>71783700
>>71783782
for closure this is actually me
>>
>>71788361
GOOD point
>>
>>71788323
thnx
>>
>>71788361
because then it appears like they don't spend all of their lives in a basement, which could be favorable
>>
>>71769343
ya like noisy 'gaze??? check out astrobrite - whitenoise superstar
also velocity:design:comfort
>>
File: nat+triangle shared chart.png (3MB, 1680x1757px) Image search: [Google]
nat+triangle shared chart.png
3MB, 1680x1757px
The Harmonys - s/t
>Twee Pop, American Primitivism, Contemporary Folk
The primitivism parts of this are actually quite good. Finger picking is very clean and the guitar has a really nice tone. The melodies are quite strong as well and it displays a pretty knowledgeable mastery of folk and blues guitar playing.
Thing that really kind of prevents this from being a great album is the hyper-cute female vocals. I wanted to dig my eyeballs out every time she meowed and giggled on "Cats Are My Friends".

Barbecue Bob - Chocolate to the Bone
>Country Blues
Really solid stuff. Bob has definitely got a very unique and personal style of playing, which is what you look for in these old pre-war artists. He isn't quite the one-note, slow, texas style player, nor is he the fast pickin' piedmont kind of guy. Instead he just strums away at those chords like nobody's business. That doesn't mean there isn't some damn fine slide playing in here though. He's got a good, hearty blues voice too.

>>
File: Freeform Chart 6.png (1MB, 1560x720px) Image search: [Google]
Freeform Chart 6.png
1MB, 1560x720px
going on the rym comment box for this album was a really bad idea

why the fuck does every album in this vein (blackstar, you want it darker, that touche amore album) have such an argumentative comment box?

Mount Eerie - A Crow Looked at Me (2017)
>singer/songwriter, indie folk, contemporary folk

The most bracing thing about this album from the start is how stripped-down it is, especially for Elverum. Lost Wisdom is the only other album of his that comes close to being this low-key and quiet. There's no tribal soundscapes a la Mount Eerie, none of The Glow. Pt 2's shoegazey noise rock, and there's /definitely/ no black metal, like on Wind's Poem. It's just Elverum, a guitar, and some light piano and drum programming on a few tracks. Musically, this stripped-down approach can make the album a slight bit unvarying. A lot of the guitar parts are pretty similar, and the percussion tracks are mostly the same. But this stripped-down approach works so damn well for what the main focus of this album is—the vocals and lyrics. I've always loved Elverum's unassuming, homely vocals, but never have they sounded this raw, defeated, and flat-out emotional than they do here. He just sounds so damn world-weary and tired, and his voice manages to fit so seamlessly with the instrumentation while still sticking out enough to deliver a chill-enducing line at least once every song. Vocals can't carry an entire album, though, and even though the instrumentals might not be the album's best aspect, they're really quite nice. They're the soothing base to the sheer, unadulterated sadness of the vocals, and the subtle melodies and slow-burning intensity of songs like "Ravens" and "Soria Moria" amplify Elverum's delivery and words while managing to be interesting on their own. A heart-breaking listen.

3.0+
>>
>>71790136
i'll get on bbq bob and swimming pool tmrw i swear

also fuck i'm really hyped that soul food is soon i've been waiting for that the whole month
>>
>>71790479
You should give this >>71770075 a listen, I think you'll enjoy it (if it sounds interesting to you).
>>
File: Droning Trip Up Stick.png (2MB, 2604x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Droning Trip Up Stick.png
2MB, 2604x1800px
Haruka Nakamura - Twilight (2010)
>ambient, chamber music

It's all very light and nice and pretty, yet almost too restrained, and a bit like background music. I really like the folky stuff more present on the back half of the album, tracks like "Twilight" make me wish that Nakamura would experiment more with this sound, because his guitar playing is just so damn light and angelic but it's still got a hell of a lot of feeling and emotion, something that the piano-led jazzy tracks don't have. These tracks aren't bad by any means, they're just not the most engaging, and the sax playing often crosses slightly over into smooth jazz territory. Totally get the appeal, this is just too light and airy to really vibe with me at all.

2.5-
>>
File: Freeform Chart 6.png (2MB, 1560x720px) Image search: [Google]
Freeform Chart 6.png
2MB, 1560x720px
Sleater-Kinney - Sleater-Kinney (1995)
>riot grrrl

Pretty much a more lo-fi, less interesting version of SK's later albums. I dig the grit of the album, but the songwriting is really simplistic and pretty boring, it's just standard punk stuff that can't hold a candle to anything they'd do later in their career. Still pretty impressive for a debut, though, and the closer is an impressive display of Tucker's vocal prowess not so dissimilar to Heavens to Betsy's work. Worth a listen if you're a fan but it's certainly one of their weakest.

2.0+

>>71790588
ooh looks cool, thanks!
>>
>>71790646
BCM when?
>>
>>71790646
saving the two behemoths for last, i see
>>
>>71790738
tomorrow, i'm hopefully finishing this whole thing tomorrow.

>>71790754
yeah, i don't even know why i've saved astrobrite for so late but SAW last was out of necessity, i don't think i've had time to listen to something that long but tomorrow looks good!
>>
>>71791029
hype hype hype
>>
>>71791029
hype hype hype [2]
>>
>>71790056
thank
>>71790451
should probably listen to this. shame you didn't like twilight more.
>>
>>71791253
>should probably listen to this
it dethroned you as my aoty :(
>>
>>71791269
meh. it seems worthy.
>>
>>71791302
Yeah, definitely give it a listen.
>>
/Daily/, what is your favorite song of the last few weeks? The one that you're totally bonkers about right now?

(Mine is Bleeding Out Into The Blue by Sondre Lerche, btw)
>>
Anyone have flowcharts that haven't been spammed before ? Willing to try anything really
>>
File: Marsen Jules.png (4MB, 3128x3608px) Image search: [Google]
Marsen Jules.png
4MB, 3128x3608px
>>71792351
>song

>>71792453
Here's some OC
>>
File: Keiji Haino flowchart 1.2.png (2MB, 4068x2428px) Image search: [Google]
Keiji Haino flowchart 1.2.png
2MB, 4068x2428px
Good morning /daily/!

I'm sick as a dog and yet I have to fly today and pass an exam on Wednesday. Not looking forward to all of this desu lol

Gonna listen to Depeche Mode today.

>>71792351
Probably something off my new album ;^)
>>71792453
pic related
>>
>>71792531
>>71792644
Alright ty
>>
koombat2015.png
4MB, 2850x1680px
LST - Th Duo
>Electronic Vignettes, Psych influences

Not too much to say about this. Lo-fi electronic production + repetitive melodies, overall pleasant to listen to with a bit of creepiness. Manages to achieve its goal in establishing its own bubble of sound, even with the gimmicky track titles. Notsomuch lo-fi in its synth sources, but their recording and fidelity. Was more interested by this than previous albums.

6/10

and i also changed my mind on Visionist - Safe after returning to it
fuck it it gets a 5, I got mildly irritated by the very persistent sampling on some tracks

>>71792531
definitely going to look into this later
giv me dat sweet sweet ambiance
>>
young savage why you trappin so hard
>>
Bump

Torn Hawk is literally a VHS tape glued to a laptop
>>
>>71793947
I have no idea what this means
>>
>>71792351
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeOIfnVofr8
p much anything from this is gucci
>>
>>71793977
Just listen to literally anything made by him
>>
>>71794066
Oh wait, I totally read that as Tony Hawk at first
>>
File: IMG_1317.jpg (62KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1317.jpg
62KB, 540x960px
>>71794132
Just go to sleep already you eggplant
>>
Ultra is probably the best-sounding Depeche Mode record I have heard so far.
>>
File: Cover.jpg (124KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
124KB, 800x800px
Tiny Hazard - Greyland
>in deep op
i think i just witnessed the second coming of Hop Along as in, would-be generic indie elevated above and beyond that by way of eccentic songwriting prowess. there's a great sense of flow in terms of structure and melody, it walks that line between unpredictable and cohesive with ease, so it never outstays its welcome
basically just listen to the first track if you like melody. the music's kinda ambient a lot of the time, it lets the girl take center stage, and she kinda reminds me of lana del rey but a bit more cutesy and i like that. the last track so sounds like an outtake from Ultraviolence only better. but nah she channels a lot of things over the course of this, always adapting to what the music calls for but retaining an own personality. kind of a "childlike" feel overall i guess, p quirky, p short

7-8/10
>>
>>71794303
>7-8/10
>>>/rateyourmusic.com/
>>
File: 1396202940467.jpg (24KB, 340x333px) Image search: [Google]
1396202940467.jpg
24KB, 340x333px
>>71794846
fine, 3.5/5
>>
File: haha wow.png (443KB, 610x392px) Image search: [Google]
haha wow.png
443KB, 610x392px
Good morning /daily/! gonna listen to some more lawrence now, can't wait to finish this fucking chart already

by the way, new residents album is bad, but not like "absolute shit" bad.

by the way, what's the listenalong? please don't make it my album. seriously pick a real artist

>>71790033
what if they use their phone in their basement

>>71792351
angels rig hook
j balvin ft bad bunny - si tu novio te deja sola
andy stott - hatch the plan
>>
>>71792351
TAKYONNN
>>71794977
where's my boy co :(
>>
>>71795235
co's not here, he's getting skipped
you're up next, pick something for us to listen along to
>>
>>71795298
Sam Prekop - Sam Prekop
>>
File: 1453508464779.png (58KB, 1732x1220px) Image search: [Google]
1453508464779.png
58KB, 1732x1220px
>>71795305
wise choice

what number was the last listenalong? or should i just start over?
>>
>>71795345
Number would be 87
>>
>>71795369
this one I mean, last one was 86
>>
File: 87.png (195KB, 1732x1220px) Image search: [Google]
87.png
195KB, 1732x1220px
trip up better step up and rescue the listenalongs with this shit, prick played a track from this on plug last night and it was basically less edgy jim o'rourke pop so you losers should like this

>Sam Prekop - Sam Prekop (1999)
>THE RETURN OF THE LISTEANLONGS
>Jazz pop, indie pop
>bossa nova, post-rock?

>listen on YOUTUBE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqfUOzmDNC4
>>
>>71795418
Thanks for trying to save it, I'm too lethargic lately
>>
>Lawrence - The Absence of Blight
zzzzzzzzzzz
boring, generic, more bland buzzwords. lawrence ain't got much going for him.

>>71795484
you've done this for like 86 weeks man you should just let someone else take over dealing with setting this shit up

not me tho this is a one time thing
>>
>>71795418
as a listenalong plen, what goes in the template?
>>
File: 72 listenalong Foday Musa Suso.png (1MB, 1732x1220px) Image search: [Google]
72 listenalong Foday Musa Suso.png
1MB, 1732x1220px
>>71795536
>>
File: example.png (76KB, 1732x1220px) Image search: [Google]
example.png
76KB, 1732x1220px
>>71795536
i made you an image explaining how it works.
>>
>>71795571
>>71795573
wew lad meme potential
>>
>>71795418
Listening to it now. Still got an hour before flight, but won't be able to shop the pic. No 4chan access next week, so plz someone paste my review when writing yours. I'll post it in a but
>>
>>71795792
>in a but
Obvious typo. I was meaning to write "in the butt"
>>
File: IMG_6894.png (106KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6894.png
106KB, 750x1334px
LMao at the album credits
>>
>>71795824
Literally made by jim orourke but prekop takes all the credit >:(
>>
File: IMG_6219.jpg (96KB, 570x813px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6219.jpg
96KB, 570x813px
>>71795573
Ze thoughts:

Literally Jim O'Rourke album. Production, "lush chamber pop" orchestration.

My favorite bits were the casual usage of repetition on A Cloud To The Back and Smaller Rivers. The string arrangements were also sweet.

8-/10
>>
File: listenalong pic.png (415KB, 1732x1220px) Image search: [Google]
listenalong pic.png
415KB, 1732x1220px
>>
>>71796277
<3
>>
File: listenalong.png (512KB, 1732x1220px) Image search: [Google]
listenalong.png
512KB, 1732x1220px
>>
>>71796177
>>71796277
>>71796333
>>71796655
the fuck is with these digits
>>
>>71797038
it's not cool to like the listenalong albums

also the album was kinda boring
>>
>>71797213
i was referring to all of the DUBS and all of the TRIPS
>>
>>71797260
i see now

i'm to rarely on 4chan :(
>>
File: listenalong87.png (687KB, 1732x1220px) Image search: [Google]
listenalong87.png
687KB, 1732x1220px
>>
File: Tourney V.png (3MB, 3870x3790px) Image search: [Google]
Tourney V.png
3MB, 3870x3790px
The Mahavishnu Orchestra With John McLaughlin - The Inner Mounting Flame (EthyBoy) vs Tuxedomoon - Half-Mute (rym robot man)
I think I definitely preferred Half-Mute to Desire. The minimal wave part which is supposed to be boring and predictable is delivered rather interestingly on the album. The regular instruments sound p good along with the electronic sound and vocals are ok here too.
I can't judge The Inner Mounting Flame appropriately, cause it seems to me that it's made quite well, yet I still am not really digging it. Guess this particular genre mixture is not really up my alley, sorry.

NV - Binasu (theSound) vs The Fall - Hex Induction Hour (rym robot man)
Binasu is interesting, well composed and has a ravishingly pretty girl as a mastermind behind everything. However, I think it wasn't catchy enough for an art pop album (except s/t track and "Kata") and some songs' melodies weren't dynamic enough to be dragged for the amount of time they were (the beginning of the album). Was on the verge between 6+ and 7-, but originality won me over.
The Fall is more or less what I expected from it. Didn't disappoint, didn't surprise really, it's good.

Based on the overall score, Shamepai, s, Tuco and Letov advance to the next round. Even though Jangle should be the fifth person to advance, I kinda wanna give a try for Terminus and theSound to challenge him, so I need EP recs from all three of you.

For those who advanced, I remind that you have to rec an album of an artist who wasn't recd by people before, although you can rec someone who already been recd by bot and vice versa. For instance, a human can rec a This Heat album, even though robot can't and robot can rec a Tim Buckley album, though a human can't. Swans can't be recd by both parties.

Bets:
1) Terminus (Terminus)
2) Shamepai (Kanzler)
3) Jangle (Transgod)
4) s (gfr)
>>
File: listenalong87.gif (3MB, 1732x1220px) Image search: [Google]
listenalong87.gif
3MB, 1732x1220px
>>71797600
better version
>>
File: mornin_pigger.png (248KB, 600x463px) Image search: [Google]
mornin_pigger.png
248KB, 600x463px
Morning and stuff

>>71797949
So many EP ties lately, wew.
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/oval/szenariodisk/
>>
File: backlog.jpg (296KB, 1060x782px) Image search: [Google]
backlog.jpg
296KB, 1060x782px
morning /daily/!

do u guys perform at all? how do u deal with performance anxieties if so?

>Coil - ...And the Ambulance Died in His Arms
Listened to this last night and really enjoyed it. The only Coil I've listened to was Ape of Naples probably 2 years ago, and I don't remember much of it. I loved the passion and electronics brought on this album. Its very attention grabbing, and some parts even made me feel uncomfortable. I liked it!
3.5/5
>>
File: -_-.png (323KB, 491x483px) Image search: [Google]
-_-.png
323KB, 491x483px
>>71798123
Karma is NOT better than A Love Supreme.
>>
File: listenalong87.gif (3MB, 1732x1220px) Image search: [Google]
listenalong87.gif
3MB, 1732x1220px
>>71798039
fixed the wonky frame
>>
>>71798716
This
>>
File: shrug.jpg (207KB, 1698x1131px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
207KB, 1698x1131px
>>71798716
>>71798953
i was just more entertained by karma

probably bc im a poseur desu
>>
>>71798716
but it is
>>
>>71798976
STOP LIKING WHAT I LIKE SLIGHTLY MORE THAN I DO
>>
File: wrong.gif (1MB, 480x287px) Image search: [Google]
wrong.gif
1MB, 480x287px
>>71799014
>>
>>71792351
Probably Broken Flowers by Danny L Harle or 808-Iraq by Boyz Noize
>>
File: Steve.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Steve.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>Roommate won't stop complaining about Millennials
>Thinks they're inherently the worst generation
>Participation trophy generation and all that shit
>He's one of the laziest dudes I've met
>House is always dirty, me and the other roommate always have to do the cleaning
>Sink literally always full of dishes
>He's never had to apply for a job, has been working for his parents his whole life
>Still calls other people lazy

Ugh. He's a nice dude and I typically get along with him but that kind of shit drives me crazy.

Can /daily/ rec me some mellow tunes so I'm not grumpy all day? Currently checking out the new Real Estate and it's nice
>>
>>71799750
listen to the listenalong album! it's mellow as hell and people here seem to really not care about it
>>
>>71795418
will listen today
>>
>>71799806
Thanks bud, DLing it as we speak
>>
i didnt put my name down for the listenalong, can i still put my thoughts on the template?
>>
>>71800231
Of course, the list is only for people who are going to host it
>>
>>71800275
cool! maybe ill sign up next time :)
>>
File: Freeform3.jpg (100KB, 1560x721px) Image search: [Google]
Freeform3.jpg
100KB, 1560x721px
>The Moonlandingz - Interplanetary Class Classics
Pretty fun pop through a krautrock prism. A few misses but songs like Black Hanz are great motorik pop. 3+/5

>Miles Davis - Dark Magus
Awesome. Just groovy as hell. The rhythm section is so manic and energetic, providing an incredibly solid base for some great wah wah'd psych guitar wank which never feels too wanky because of how groovy it is. Did I mention how groovy it is?? There's some good horn parts but really you're here for the rhythm and guitar. Fucking listen to this if you dig jazz, funk or krautrock. 4.5/5

>>71799750
well he sounds awful
>>
One of the greatest songs of all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95ms8A2XJY0
>>
File: hmmm.png (9KB, 383x341px) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.png
9KB, 383x341px
hmmm
>>
>>71801115
post-feelist
>>
File: listenalong.png (682KB, 1732x1220px) Image search: [Google]
listenalong.png
682KB, 1732x1220px
>>
>>71801145
truuu
>>71801146
damn i gotta remake the gif version now
>>
>>71801319
sorry pal the gif wasnt cooperating w me for some reason :(
>>
>>71801360
yeah it was edited frame by frame with a terrible paint.net plugin
it's a miracle i managed to make it work somehow
>>
File: reflective_pigger.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
reflective_pigger.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>71801360
>for some reason
>.png
>>
File: backlog.jpg (297KB, 1060x782px) Image search: [Google]
backlog.jpg
297KB, 1060x782px
>Three 6 Mafia - Underground Vol. 1
this is real lofi hip hop. the beats are eerie, atmospheric, and drive the whole album. this thing bumps hard, too. i love the tracks that are basically instrumental tracks since they repeat the same thing over and over. this is essentially proto-cloud and proto-trap, and its awesome.
4.0++ (might bump to 4.5 w/ further listens)
>Kyary Pamyu Pamyu - Nandakorekushon
seriously dense and happy jpop. i like all the electronic sounds used throughout it, and i was bopping along with it the whole time. its fun!
>>71801857
>...tfw when yr more computer retarded then you thought....
>>
>>71802232
proper score for triple six. y'ever heard Dreamworld by Blackout?
>>
>>71802681
yeah i have, i enjoyed that one too. not as much as this tho. might give it a relisten soon.
>>
>>71802710
definitely do it! it's not as good as triple six, but still one of my favorite memphis releases nonetheless.
>>
>>71802732
i might make a backlog of southern hip hop/memphis releases to go through. ive been wanting to explore more southern for a while now
>>
File: 1337071.jpg (78KB, 502x450px) Image search: [Google]
1337071.jpg
78KB, 502x450px
hey y'all

Just listened to this and it was p good
>>
Show starts in 20 min!!!
http://wmwc.umwblogs.org

Afrobeat jams and such
>>
>>71803303
>cumblogs
>>
>>71803303
>cumblogs
>>
>>71803303
>cumblogs
>>
>>71803303
>cumblogs
>>
>>71803732

>>71803732

>>71803732

nu
>>
>>71769343
Ceres and calypso in the deep time, candy claws
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 106

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.