[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>ITT: We post over-rated albums and explain ourselves Definitely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: photo01.jpg (350KB, 448x439px) Image search: [Google]
photo01.jpg
350KB, 448x439px
>ITT: We post over-rated albums and explain ourselves
Definitely not bad at all but not incredible by any means. I've heard people call this the best album of all time, which is bullshit as this isn't even the best Beatles album.
>>
>>71744158
Everyone already knows this

t b h it's not even in my Top 2000 albums
>>
File: front.jpg (40KB, 300x300px)
front.jpg
40KB, 300x300px
This thing's a joke.
I've listened through it maybe 6 times now, and I've only been able to get through the closer, European Son maybe 2 times because not only it, but the whole album's just fucking boring and predictable. I hear people say whoa, this thing's so experimental, but motherfucker if this thing's experimental then why isn't The Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed on here as much as TVU&N? This album is basically Pink Floyd if they were trying to imitate The Rolling Stones anyway, and not even well, as if this was a demo recording. The whole thing IS in a terrible, lo-fi quality anyway. It's boring, repetitive, and if it gave birth to things like Noise Rock (which it fucking did not) then I don't give a shit because it sucks. My favorite track is Sunday Morning because the tune is actually creative and overly promising for the rest of the album since it's track #1. This isn't even a Captain Beefheart thing, since TMR is at least somewhat interesting. This is just boring, repetitive shit, typical of late 60s rock and roll. Least favorite track is either Venus in Furs or European Son, the former because it's boring and the latter because it's long, repetitive and again, boring.
>>
>>71745458
No I just really like expressing my hatred for things, that's why I'm on an interest board
>>
File: hi how are you.jpg (26KB, 220x340px) Image search: [Google]
hi how are you.jpg
26KB, 220x340px
Sure it's cool if you're listening to it for the deep metaphors nnn sheeit but if you're actually listening to it for enjoyment it sucks really, really bad
I feel sorry for Daniel and I hope he's doing well but I also hope he gets an actual band eventually instead of twiddling with his instruments alone in a studio all depressed
>>
>>71745424
>TMR is at least somewhat interesting
Want me to let you know how I know you're baiting?
>>
>>71745581
get off your high horse
>>
>>71745609
I used TMR as an example because while it is another album that /mu/ shitposts on a daily basis, it's also extremely complex and inaccessible leading many people to dislike it. It becomes likable after repeated listens, once you're able to appreciate each different part og the polyrhythms in TMR. TVU&N isn't nearly as complex though, so on repeated listens it only becomes boring and monotonous.
>>
>>71745662
Fair enough, maybe you're not baiting after all. What I object to is calling TMR somewhat interesting. If that album isn't interesting, what is? I'm aware that avant-garde and other genres of experimental music exist.
>>
Jesus christ do we need this thread every fucking day. Do we really have that many kids just now discovering The Beatles?

Just do a fucking google search on Sgt. Pepper and you will find a billion results explaining why its so highly revered. Parts of it may sound a bit dated today, but to the general populace (an important distinction to make before people starting whining about muh TVU and muh Zappa) it changed peoples perspectives on the possibilities of rock/pop music practically overnight. Without Sgt. Pepper you do not see album oriented rock music become the phenomena it did in in the late 60's and 70's.

Not to mention some of the songs on there are still pretty incredible within any context.
>>
>>71744158
>>ITT: We post overrated albums and explain what overrated means
Cancerous thread
>>
>>71745809
not op but go make a better thread right now
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.