[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's Weird Al's fanbase? I used to listen to him

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Weird_Al.jpg (16KB, 400x319px) Image search: [Google]
Weird_Al.jpg
16KB, 400x319px
What's Weird Al's fanbase? I used to listen to him when I was a kid and in my teen years but after that I felt odd listening to him around other people. Does he even appeal to the current teens? Or do they prefer kids react and EPIC GAGA PARODY VIDEO stuff on youtube?
>>
>>71729854
they're al weird
>>
>>71729854
He has somehow stayed relevant and all his new shit is exactly as stupid as his old shit. I love him.
>>
I dont think he has stayed relevant with todays teens but they know who he is. I am 21 and still love him, seen him three times and dont care because I think he is funny. But his fanbase is wide enough to where everybody knows who he is.
>>
My dad wouldn't let me by Straight Outta Linwood in '06 because "those songs are only funny if you've heard the originals" (despite the fact that I never heard the originals of Ebay, White and Nerdy or Amish Paradise, which I loved)

Did he save me from a bad album or did he ruin my life? I was 11 and would have probably listened to it every night for a year if I liked it
>>
>>71729854
He's the only parody artist who knows what he's doing, simple as that. I can't eloquently describe it beyond that, but that's what it is.
>>
>>71731033
Thats one of his best in my opinion. I listened to it every night when I was 11.
>>
>>71731353
>>71731033
Babies. Been listening since Bad Hair Day came out in '96
>>
idk i feel like everything since running with scissors just isn't that good
>>
>>71731033

You fucking missed out. Probably his last truly awesome album. I used to play it every day over and over. Pancreas alone is a great Beach Boys tribute and songs like I'll Sue Ya and White and Nerdy not to mention Trapped in The Drive Thru became an obsession. Everyone used to call me 'Weird al Kid' cause all I did was sing his songs at school and I ended up finally seeing him live in '09 and meeting him which I fucking loved. He was so cool. That album is great unironically. Don't listen to him as much these days (I'm 21 now, was like 12 then) but still love the dude and always will. Some may call him 'corny' but the dude is so awesome and really made some hilarious stuff. (Anyone remember UHF?)
>>
Fuck wierd al will die in my lifetime
>>
>>71732675
I didn't come here to feel
>>
18 yo here, I listened to him w/ my buds all the time when i was 16
>>
File: christgau1med.jpg (18KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
christgau1med.jpg
18KB, 400x266px
In 3-D [Rock 'n' Roll, 1984]

I don't want to belabor the obvious (that's Al's job), but this is Mad for the ears. Still, Mad does hit dead on now and then, and with a lot of help from its target so does "Eat It." Palatable follow-ups: the free-swinging "Polkas on 45," which goes Joe Piscopo ten better, and "Mr. Popeil," which exploits Yankovic's otherwise fatal resemblance to Fred Schneider. C+
>>
File: 1479187438451.jpg (5KB, 209x250px) Image search: [Google]
1479187438451.jpg
5KB, 209x250px
>>71732675
fuck...
>>
>>71733704
>Christgau hates fun
What else is new?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.