[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, can we agree this is the return

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

Now that the dust has settled, can we agree this is the return to form from Drake we've been waiting for?
>>
>>71721036
yeah that's not far fetched, was pleasantly surprised desu
>>
Not one bit. The whole thing is garbage and he is continuing to hijack other people's sounds. Drake's time has come and gone.
>>
>>71721219
Still he is at an all time high in terms of popularity..
>>
>>71721036
Is it anywhere near as good as Comeback season?
>>
>>71721036
AOTY easily .
>>
>>71721293
kys
>>
>>71721219
people love to mention that he's a "culture vulture" and stealing other people's music but never share any examples. i implore you to share some.
>>
>>71721219
finally someone speaking some sense on this shit board.
>>
>>71721219 >>71721406

I can see not liking it or finding it inconsistent but it's really hard for me to hear how this is "garbage."
>>
>>71721444
I liked Drake up until Views (which I still liked 4 or 5 songs on) but this one is really not good. I can't even name one song I liked
>>
>>71721488
i find that hard to believe if you actually listened to it.
>>
File: 543452435361.png (140KB, 1897x1781px) Image search: [Google]
543452435361.png
140KB, 1897x1781px
1. Do Not Disturb
2. Teenage Fever
3. Passionfruit
4. Free Smoke
5. Sacrificies

Do Not Disturb is a top 10 Drake song desu
>>
>>71721219
If anything he hijacked Drake's sound
>>
>>71721036
Madiba Riddim is the best thing I've heard in a long damn time.

Sounds like the perfect amalgamation of every decent to good track Drake has released in the last 5 years.

For some reason I was hoping for a Majid Jordan feature somewhere though, those guys are super underrated. (Looks like they got writing credits on "Glow", but I would have liked to have heard some vocals or a beat them).
>>
If you're reading this is still his only decent release
>>
>>71721219
>hijack other people's sounds

?
>>
>>71721777
His whole career has been based around finding a sound/artist he likes and then catting that sound/artist and making a ton of money off it before getting bored of it and trashing it.

He used to sound like Lil Wayne. Then he found The Weeknd and made him write a ton of his second album, then ended up signing a bunch of Weeknd clones (PND, Majid Jordan, etc) to write music for him. These guys give their best work to Drake and don't get much credit for it.

Then he jumps on the trap thing and the UK thing and the dancehall thing.
>>
>>71721396
Hotline Bling - Cha Cha
Ice Melts - Broccoli
KMT - Look At Me!
Portland - Mask Off
The entirety of WATTBA was him dick-riding Future and the dancehall shit is laughable capitalization on a genre that's already huge. There's no reason for Drake to be acting like a Jamaican faggot. Now please kill yourself.
>>
>>71721219
Well, Drake has always been garbage, but it can't be a return to form becuase he has never not been garbage
>>
>>71721842
>There's no reason for Drake to be acting like a Jamaican faggot.
Jamaican culture is a big thing in Toronto because there were a ton of Jamaican immigrants.
Everyone seems to think he's speaking in a British or Jamaican accent a ton in this album. He's not. It's a Canadian accent. That's genuinely how a lot of people talk in Toronto.

Just watch the intro to this Tory Lanez video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUq1rZ7mmns
>>
>>71721842
>Drake stole from xxxtentqcles
Wow people still think this? He has the same flow on digital dash, and uzi used that flow on super saiyan in 2015
>portland is a rip off of mask off
Lol if you think just using the flute means its a rip off, mask off wasnt the first beat to use flute
>>
>>71722079
Hurr Durr these songs are the definitive proof 100% lolz!!!
>>
>>71721842
As the man himself would say, "it's not about who did it first, it's about who did it right". He also managed to co-sign lots of less known people who inspired - Skepta, Wizkid, Popcaan, Dave, Giggs, Ramriddlz etc. A "culture vulture" would never promote these guys.
>>
>>71721585
>no portland
LMAO
>>
Young Thug's verse on Sacrifices is better than the entire 'playlist'
>>
>>71722122
Wtf are you talking about faggot i just couldnt let you lie twice like that
>>
File: 1448981251140.jpg (7KB, 236x240px) Image search: [Google]
1448981251140.jpg
7KB, 236x240px
>>71721842
>look at me

lmao KYS
>>
so is someone going to finally explain to me why drake has more interesting music in his outros and bridges than the actual verses and choruses?
>>
>>71722199
>lie

Get the fuck out of here dude. Drake is as inauthentic as it gets when it comes to rap regardless of if those two are a reach or not. Pretty much any song he decides to hop on attests to it and if you can't recognize this shit by now then you're just another Chad. He has never been original and never will be. But keep on riding that Canadian riddim cock
>>
Based melonman.
https://youtu.be/dqZywmtj3yc
>>
>>71721892
>muh toronto!
>>
>>71721111
quads confirm
>>
>>71722300
>if those two are a reach or not
They are thats all im sayin chill
>>
>>71722336
What?
That's the slang in Toronto, Drake is from Toronto.
He is not speaking with a Jamaican accent, he's speaking with a Canadian accent that has been changed by Jamaican immigration.
>>
>>71722336
>>71722398

Even in One Dance he says "I need to buss up the silence" which is the most Toronto thing imaginable.

My good friend's cousin was in prison for a couple years in Toronto. He's white as snow, but he adopted all the phrasing while locked up. He's faking it as much as Drake, but it still sounds pretty legit when you know how to use it.

There isn't really that much patois copping going on here though, really. He says one line "from time" instead of "for a long time", which is a pretty common one. Dunno, I like the way he uses it, and it's a definite nod to Toronto. Absolutely zero chance he's trying to relate to his Jamaican 'brothers'. He's trying to speak Torontonian.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.