[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"John and I had decided that Paul and Ringo had to have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 303
Thread images: 17

File: images.jpg (6KB, 191x264px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 191x264px
>"John and I had decided that Paul and Ringo had to have acid," Harrison said, "because we couldn't relate to them anymore. Not just on the one level – we couldn't relate to them on any level, because acid had changed us so much. It was such a mammoth experience that it was unexplainable. It was something that had to be experienced, because you could spend the rest of your life trying to explain what it made you feel and think. It was all too important to John and me." Starr joined them: "I'd take anything," he later said. "It was a fabulous day. The night wasn't so great, because it felt like it was never going to wear off. Twelve hours later and it was, 'Give us a break now, Lord.'"
>McCartney, though, declined the suggestion. "We'd heard that you're never the same," he said in Anthology. "It alters your life and you never think the same again. John was rather excited by that prospect. I was rather frightened by that prospect... never get back home again. I was seen to sort of stall... because there was a lot of peer pressure." Lennon and Harrison wouldn't forget his refusal.

what a bitch
>>
I respect him for not caving in to peer pressure desu
>>
>>71719186
Lmao he's not a little kiddy.
>P-peer pressure guise s-stoppp!!!
Paul is such a dumb faggot
>>
Acid is overrated
>>
>>71719217
t. Degenerate druggy
>>
>>71719217
>not doing something you don't want to do because other people want you to do it makes you a dumb faggot
Dumb faggot
>>
>>71719233
This is simply not true. It is a life changing experience and changes your perspective on everything.
>>
>>71719278
People always say this but they never explain how their perspective has changed
>>
>>71719305
I took LSD when I was 15 and I went to places inside myself that you cannot describe or explain. It's not just DUDE WHOA SHAPES COLOURS although that is a part of it. It is a journey that can seem infinite crammed into minutes/hours(?).
>>
>>71719335
Why is it good
>>
>>71719305
It didn't alter my life. If anything it helped me realize my flaws, and what I needed to fix in my life. For 24 hours you feel one with the universe, and the next day your back to your old self.
>>
>>71719390
Because, not to sound to much like a new age prick, it completely opens your mind.

Every trip is deeply personal and different for the user. It is not something that should be taken lightly but I would recommend it to creative types.
>>
>>71719397
>LSD is a crutch for people incapable of acute introspection
Damn.
>>
Paul seemed to be pretty self aware about his drug use. He tried acid eventually, and didn't go full druggie like john.
>>
>>71719305
My Friend changed when he started taking acid, good or bad I don't know
>>
I've dropped acid three times now and it didn't alter my life at all
It as a nice nigh, that's about it
Maybe I should try a higher dose or something.
>>
LSD is just meditation for lazy people.

I still love my shrooms tho
>>
File: 4L_VRpb8FUN.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
4L_VRpb8FUN.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>71719416
>helped
>>
>>71719397
If it made you aware of your flaws but you chose to not make any changes then that means that you wimped out. You had the chance to let it alter your life (for the better) if it meant addressing your flaws, but you chose not to. But you did gain the perspective to choose.
>>
>>71719432

It's not really about the dose, I don't think. I've had amazingly enlightening trips with lowish doses, and complete useless heavy trips.

It's more about your mindset, how self-conscious you were before, and how deep you are commited to exploring your own experience.

But as I said >>71719434, meditation is way more efficient at "opening your mind" than any psychedelic, it just takes a lot of effort and time.

Also I really don't think the changes are permanent for any psychedelic. That is bullshit, if you revert to the "normal" way of seeing reality the effects on your brain are just recovered by bullshit impressions. And that's why meditation is the best way to go about it, because the point of it is to be continually in that same "state of mind" and train yourself so you can put yourself that effortlessly.
>>
>>71719437
Yea, I know exactly what you're saying. I always thought my rig was on the right was on the right road, but I had one trip that really made me question everything in my life up til' that point.

Now I find myself very self aware, and I don't blame that all on acid (more of me just growing up), but it really helps.

I just hate when people go full hippy acting like acid is the answer to all their problems.
>>
Acid is fun but it really irks me when people treat it as the only avenue to go down for revelational introspection

That said I will probably trip this weekend.
>>
>>71719140
John Lennon was a nasty dickhead anyway, who cares what he thought
>>
File: thepillsarenotenlightenment.jpg (9KB, 450x196px) Image search: [Google]
thepillsarenotenlightenment.jpg
9KB, 450x196px
There's no enlightenment on those pills, anon...
>>
>>71719305
Its usually pretty personal and introspective but it can help give perspective on any number of things. Its not the same experience for all but kind of just depends upon the state of your mind to begin with. All it gives you is a fresh perspective for understanding.
>>
>>71719591
Well put anon
>>
acid made me laugh really hard at Frosty the Snowman, was really deep and meaningful
>>
Honestly I just like LSD to go partying, specially in psytrance raves. Mushrooms and DMT is where it's at for enlightenment trips
>>
>>71719432
I've felt the same. Maybe you're a sociopath? It just feels like a pleasant high and not really this monumental crazy experience. Definitely more "revelations" on shrooms
>>
>>71719518
Whoa, whered you get that idea from!
>>
File: 1488847569055.jpg (64KB, 440x490px) Image search: [Google]
1488847569055.jpg
64KB, 440x490px
>>71719140
I'd agree with him, I avoided acid all throughout my teenagehood and finally took some when I was 20. It was enjoyable, I spent about 4 hours looking up and talking about the stars. The last time I took some, I had doubled my dose and spent the better half of the night at my kitchen table trying to gather all the thoughts in my head. My mantra was that it was only the drugs, so I shouldn't be afraid. I had a good time, but I realized when I came down that it was truly only the drugs that made me feel those things. When I was sober, I hadn't changed, I was no longer enlightened.
>dl;dr lsd is a meme
>>
paul did acid.... he said it in an interview, he tried it 4 times
>>
>>71719831
Kek, John looks like the perfect fusion of teddy roosevelt, and franz ferdinand.
>>
acid heads are the most annoying people on fucking earth holy shit
>>
>>71719809
The way he treated his family
>>
>>71720317
He treated Yoko and Sean fine.
>>
>>71719140
>We went up to San Francisco in a Lear jet. Derek took us to visit a disc jockey, and we went straight from the airport to the radio station in a limo. The DJ gave us some concoction and then we went off to Haight-Ashbury. I went there expecting it to be a brilliant place, with groovy gypsy people making works of art and paintings and carvings in little workshops. But it was full of horrible spotty drop-out kids on drugs, and it turned me right off the whole scene. I could only describe it as being like the Bowery: a lot of bums and drop-outs; many of them very young kids who'd dropped acid and come from all over America to this mecca of LSD.

>We walked down the street, and I was being treated like the Messiah. The Beatles were pretty big, and for one of them to be there was a big event. I became really afraid, because the concoction that the DJ had given me was having an effect. I could see all the spotty youths, but I was seeing them from a twisted angle. It was like the manifestation of a scene from an Hieronymus Bosch painting, getting bigger and bigger, fish with heads, faces like vacuum cleaners coming out of shop doorways... They were handing me things - like a big Indian pipe with feathers on it, and books and incense - and trying to give me drugs. I remember saying to one guy: 'No thanks, I don't want it.' And then I heard his whining voice saying, 'Hey, man - you put me down.' It was terrible. We walked quicker and quicker through the park and in the end we jumped in the limo, said, 'Let's get out of here,' and drove back to the airport.
>>
>>71720344
“[He was] teaching me how to cut and eat steak, which was a mystery to me at age 4; how to stick the fork in and cut behind it, and that was how you got a piece in your mouth,” writes Sean, 32, whose mom is Yoko Ono. “I think it was that night when he got very upset with me, I think because of something I did very cheekily with the steak. He did wind up yelling at me very, very loudly to the point where he damaged my ear, and I had to go to the hospital.”
>>
>>71720460
>It certainly showed me what was really happening in the drug culture. It wasn't what I'd thought - spiritual awakenings and being artistic - it was like alcoholism, like any addiction. The kids at Haight-Ashbury had left school and dossed out there, and instead of drinking alcohol they were on all kinds of drugs.

>That was the turning-point for me - that's when I went right off the whole drug cult and stopped taking the dreaded lysergic acid. I had some in a little bottle (it was liquid). I put it under a microscope, and it looked like bits of old rope. I thought that I couldn't put that into my brain any more.

>People were making concoctions that were really wicked - ten times stronger than LSD. STP was one; it took its name from the fuel additive used in Indy-car racing. Mama Cass Elliot phoned us up and said, 'Watch out, there's this new one going round called STP.' I never took it. They concocted weird mixtures and the people in Haight-Ashbury got really fucked-up. It made me realise: 'This is not it.' And that's when I really went for the meditation.

What a patrician
>>
>>71720480
Have you ever called someone a faggot on chan? Or told someone to kill themselves?
>>
>>71720503
kys faggot. Happy now
>>
>>71720541
You're worse than John Lennon. Congratulations
>>
Masturbation is a better high than anything you can get through drugs.

t. Someone on an edible high rn.
>>
>>71719233
Have you ever tried it, anon?
>>
>>71720460
>>71720484
great story. shows how much more mature paul was than the rest of the beatles and why he's the best beatle.
>>
>>71720570
John Lennon beat women, cheated on his wife, emotionally abused his son, abandoned his family, was living in a mansion loaded while his family struggled to get by. I don't think so. John Lennon was a horrible person, foolish to defend him
>>
>>71720611
Meth just basically gives you a 4 hour orgasm feeling
>>
>>71720674
>John Lennon beat women
Who?
>cheated on his wife
All The Beatles did that.
>emotionally abused his son
See >>71720503
>abandoned his family
See: all musicians
>was living in a mansion loaded while his family struggled to get by
[citation needed]
>John Lennon was a horrible person, foolish to defend him
Again, you bully complete strangers. You are a terrible person. Lennon tried to do some good in his life. What have you done?
>>
>>71720673
Yeah, it's not like he got busted in Japan at any time in his life, no sirree.
>>
do people think that LSD being life altering is a good thing? it changes everything because it's frying your invaluable synapses. there's nothing cool about that
>>
>>71720673
Not really. he willingly took it too

>I thought, Maybe this is the moment where I should take a trip with him. It's been coming for a long time. It's often the best way, without thinking about it too much, just slip into it. John's on it already, so I'll sort of catch up. It was my first trip with John, or with any of the guys. We stayed up all night, sat around and hallucinated a lot.

>Me and John, we'd known each other for a long time. Along with George and Ringo, we were best mates. And we looked into each other's eyes, the eye contact thing we used to do, which is fairly mind-boggling. You dissolve into each other. But that's what we did, round about that time, that's what we did a lot. And it was amazing. You're looking into each other's eyes and you would want to look away, but you wouldn't, and you could see yourself in the other person. It was a very freaky experience and I was totally blown away.

>There's something disturbing about it. You ask yourself, 'How do you come back from it? How do you then lead a normal life after that?' And the answer is, you don't. After that you've got to get trepanned or you've got to meditate for the rest of your life. You've got to make a decision which way you're going to go.

>I would walk out into the garden - 'Oh no, I've got to go back in.' It was very tiring, walking made me very tired, wasted me, always wasted me. But 'I've got to do it, for my well-being.' In the meantime John had been sitting around very enigmatically and I had a big vision of him as a king, the absolute Emperor of Eternity. It was a good trip. It was great but I wanted to go to bed after a while.
>>
>>71720710
>See >>71720503 #
False equivalence. A son, who you're expected to care for and a random stranger on the internet are NOT the same thing, especially when Lennon constantly bitched about not having a father.
>>
>>71720723
is getting busted in japan some sort of hip new slang or something?
>>
>>71720744
>False equivalence.
Not at all. You are being shitty to another human. Period.
>son
Do you disciplined your children?
>a random stranger
So because you don't know someone perosnally, you treat them like shit?

Terrible person. If we all treated total strangers better, this world would be a better place.
>>
>>71719140
>It alters your life and you never think the same again
Kinda true but mostly wrong. To be fair John and George should've realized that it's just a drug. Pretty cool drug that will send you on a journey across the universe but still a drug, and you always go back to baseline.
>>
>>71719831
That shit wasn't LSD, guaranteed.
>>
>>71720747
"We were about to fly to Japan and I knew I wouldn’t be able to get anything to smoke over there,” McCartney said in 2004. “This stuff was too good to flush down the toilet, so I thought I’d take it with me.”

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/paul-mccartney-tokyo-bust/?trackback=tsmclip
>>
>>71720673
http://www.beatlesinterviews.org/db1967.0619.beatles.html
>>
>>71720674
i hate this mostly american obsession with painting people and things in general as black and white. you're either a saint or the devil. why are you judging john for all the bad things he's done? do you not think he was aware of these things? imagine being a fucking beatle and having an unwanted kid who was a mistake. couple that drugs/alcohol with an already damaged psyche and fucked up childhood. he tried to become a better person towards the end of his life and make amends, but unfortunately it was cut short. celebrities are flawed people just like we are and the whole act of putting them on a pedestal for idolization is completely childish.
>>
>>71720770
>>son
>Do you disciplined your children?
Anon try harder, please. It's an objective fact that John didn't even see Julian for the last five years of his life. Both of his sons have called him an asshole and there are plenty of YouTube videos of Julian Lennon describing how his father wasn't much of a father at all.
>>
>>71720802
>make amends
No he didn't. He bitched about barely being mentioned in Harrison's biography, I, Me, Mine. You know what's funny about that? Take a moment to go to the index of the book and you'll notice that save Harrison himself, Lennon was mentioned more than anyone else.
>>
>>71720742
not the point, idc if he took the acid, the point is that he didn't need to take it to make up for his personality.
>>
Why are hippies so annoying?
I have done acid many times and it didn't "change me as a person woahhhh"
>>
>>71720804
>Anon try harder,
No I'm asking you, how do you discipline your children?
>It's an objective fact that John didn't even see Julian for the last five years of his life
Did he see Sean at all? Tell me if he was a good father to him? Did he literally walk away from being a rock star to be a stay at home dad? Have you done that? Or maybe are you going to cyberbully people on 4chan?
>Both of his sons have called him an asshole
Prove it. Sean barely remembers him because he died when he was 5
>and there are plenty of YouTube videos of Julian Lennon describing how his father wasn't much of a father at all.
That's fine. Do you also criticism Bob Dylan? He literally has tons of children he doesn't interact with, and beat his wife too. What about Lou Reed? Or are you just cherrypicking who to call a terrible human being?
>>71720844
>not the point
It literally is. Didn't you read the thread?
>the point is that he didn't need to take it to make up for his personality.
I guess because the personality is fake to begin with.
>>
>>71720710

“I used to be cruel to my woman, and physically — any woman,” John Lennon

Once, Julian giggled and Lennon shouted back, “I hate the way you fucking laugh!”
>See >>71720503
not an argument
>See: all musicians
not an argument

"Rumours would go round town that I pinned £5 and £10 notes on the ceiling for fun. They thought we had millions in the bank, but we never had any money when I was a kid. Mum had enough from Dad for schooling, food and clothes. That was it. Later, the only money I had, I earned." Julian Lennon
>>
>>71720911
>That's fine. Do you also criticism Bob Dylan? He literally has tons of children he doesn't interact with, and beat his wife too.
This is also factually incorrect. Jakob Dylan has spoken many times about how his father made sure to spend time with him and Dylan has even played in front of his grandchildren's Kindergarten class.

Yeah, Lou Reed was a cunt.
>>
>>71720911
>Or maybe are you going to cyberbully people on 4chan?
I've never cyber bullied someone on 4chan, but thanks for assuming.
>>
>>71720911
>It literally is. Didn't you read the thread?
i did, not sure what you're trying to say. i was referring to my point that he was mature enough to see that drugs=/=personality/awakening
>>
>>71720950
>“I used to be cruel to my woman, and physically — any woman,” John Lennon
Paul wrote that line.
>not an argument
why not?
>not an argument
Why not?
>Rumours
Not an argument
>>71720973
>This is also factually incorrect
Did you look it up? His divorce papers clearly mention he hit Sara. He also cheated on her on every tour when they were married.
>>71720983
Prove it
>>71721000
>>71721000
>i was referring to my point that he was mature enough to see that drugs=/=personality/awakening
Wrong see >>71720742
>>
>>71721020
>Prove it
Lol what. You're the one who made the claim that I cyber bully people. Burden of proof is on you.

You specifically attacked Dylan for his fatherhood but nice try.
>>
>>71721020
yeah i read that too m8, that doesn't mean anything. he's just describing one of the few times he did acid, and doesn't say anything unreasonable. certainly not "dude acid lmao"
>>
>>71721058
The initial claim was that you are not a cyberbully, the burden of proof is on you.

Try again
>>71721079
>and doesn't say anything unreasonable. certainly not "dude acid lmao"
>And we looked into each other's eyes, the eye contact thing we used to do, which is fairly mind-boggling. You dissolve into each other. But that's what we did, round about that time, that's what we did a lot. And it was amazing. You're looking into each other's eyes and you would want to look away, but you wouldn't, and you could see yourself in the other person. It was a very freaky experience and I was totally blown away.
Stop posting
>>
>>71721113
so he's describing what it feels like to be on acid? those aren't outlandish claims. you've definitely never done acid, retard. especially since you're so uptight and arguing with like 3 different people
>>
>>71721113
>objectively describing an effect of a drug
>dude acid lmao
stop
>>
>>71721155
How long have you been studying music theory?
>>
>>71721020
>Paul wrote that line.
False John Lennon said that in a playboy interview in 1980
>why not?
The actions of other people don't excuse the actions of John Lennon
>Why not?
The actions of other musicians don't excuse the actions of John Lennon
>Rumours
They thought we had millions in the bank, but we never had any money when I was a kid. Mum had enough from Dad for schooling, food and clothes. That was it. Later, the only money I had, I earned." Julian Lennon
Not rumours, read next time
>>
File: suspicious anime character.png (144KB, 500x326px) Image search: [Google]
suspicious anime character.png
144KB, 500x326px
>>71721198
>discussion about drugs
>asks about music theory
>>
>>71721226
Also fun fact: Julian had to buy his childhood drawings back in auctions.
>>
McCartney was doing acid almost as much as Barrett later on, so I don't know what the fuck he's talking about here
>>
>>71721226
>False John Lennon said that in a playboy interview in 1980
[citation needed]
>The actions of other people don't excuse the actions of John Lennon
Why not? it's establishing a status quo of how to interact with other people. It's also a double standard
>The actions of other musicians don't excuse the actions of John Lennon
If you criticize one person for it, are you going to criticize others for doing the same?
They thought we had millions in the bank, but we never had any money when I was a kid. >Mum had enough from Dad for schooling, food and clothes. That was it. Later, the only money I had, I earned." Julian Lennon
Sorry I'm not seeing the words :Struggling to get by". care to try again?
>>71721235
Wait, your on a music board and you haven't studied music theory? That would explain why you're so uptight
>>71721251
You mean's John's drawing he was given by his son?
>>
>>71721198
>this isn't satire
kek
>>
>>71719233
it's good yeah but acidfags are worse than ravers in some apsects
>dude it'll change your life it made me woke dude i'm not just gettin' high or nuthin
some truth to what they are saying but pls guys
>>
>>71721345
Why would it?
>"you've" never done acid!" is a valid argument when discussing acid
>"you've never studied music theory" isn't a valid argument when discussing music
Grow up
>>
>>71721309
>[citation needed]
Anon you've made it too obvious. Give up.
>>
>drug thread
>beatles thread
>drug beatles thread
Pretty damn sure CLT isn't dead.
>>
Acid saved my friend's uncle's life. He did it decades back, and apparently it stores in your spine. When he got into a severe accident, it was out in the middle of nowhere. He broke his back in the accident, which ended up causing him to have a flashback. Because of that flashback, he was able to walk to the nearest location to call 911
>>
>>71721401
>Anon you've made it too obvious
In that interview, he never said he wrote that line. he talks about how he interprets the line as being about him, even though Paul wrote the song.

He goes onto say
>I am always on about peace, you see. It is the most violent people who go for love and peace. Everything's the opposite. But I sincerely believe in love and peace. I am now a violent man who has learned not to be violent and regrets his violence.

As you can see, he admitted his mistakes and took steps to improve his life. That's a good human being.

How about you?
>>
>>71721399
>what are apples and oranges
get your head out of your ass bud. also it's not a valid argument for discussing music. because there are other facets. it might help your understanding of its structure and compostion, but it doesn't tell the whole story. whereas acid is completely dependent on you actually taking it. shit analogy.
>>
>>71721441
>it's only apples and oranges if it proves my argument wrong
Stop
>>
File: 1478618471012.jpg (54KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1478618471012.jpg
54KB, 633x758px
>tfw friend won't get me LSD because of my and my family's history with mental illness
>>
>>71721430
That's some of the biggest bullshit I've ever read
>it stores in your spine
>he broke his back
>causing him to have a flashback
>he was able to walk to the nearest location to call 911
>>
>>71721475
Seek actual help rather than numbing your mind and treating the symptoms
>>
>>71721475
You're probably better off.
>>
>>71721484
dude I know a guy who thought he was a glass of orange juice and died
>>
>>71721467
you're right, i'll stop because there's no point in arguing with an arrogant little shit who thinks he's always right. here's your final (You).
>>
>>71721475

That is doing you a service
>>
>>71721512
>an arrogant little shit who thinks he's always right
>dude you will never understand because you've never taken acid yourself, unlike me lmao
Huh
>>
File: Lennon Abuse.jpg (57KB, 1700x95px) Image search: [Google]
Lennon Abuse.jpg
57KB, 1700x95px
>>71721309
>Why not
other women beaters means John Lennon is excused for beating women. That makes no sense.
>you going to criticize others for doing the same
yes
"never had any money when I was a kid" His first wife has said so as well
>>
File: 1479087165734.jpg (47KB, 895x895px) Image search: [Google]
1479087165734.jpg
47KB, 895x895px
>>71721501
>>71721530

I WANT MY MAGICAL LIFE CHANGING MIND EXPANDING PSYCHEDELIC EXPERIENCE
>>
>>71721113
>The initial claim was that you are not a cyberbully, the burden of proof is on you.
Actual the initial claim via implication was that I am prone to cyberbullying ie being a cyber bully. See >>71720911
And onto your questions, no I haven't done that. I also haven't told my non-existent son "I hate your fucking laugh". I haven't yelled at my non existent son so loudly he had to be taken to the hospital.

But most of all I've never been a bored cannabis loving tripfag on a Wednesday.
>>
>>71721546
Wikipedia misquote
See >>71721437
>yes
Prove it. Do it now. Admit Paul was a shitty person for cheating on his girlfriends and beating his wife as well
>>71721557
>via implication
Not relevant
>And onto your questions, no I haven't done that
Prove it
>non-existent son
Oh, so you don't know what you are talking about?
>he had to be taken to the hospital.
Show me the hospital records that this actually happened.
>cannabis loving tripfag
Is this a feeble attempt at an ad hominem? Out of arguments?
>>
>>71721549
so just go pick some fucking mushrooms then
>>
>>71721537
"all music is shit, even though i've never listened to any of it". that's a more apt analogy.
>>
>>71721609
>that's a more apt analogy.
Show me where I said acid was shit
>>
>>71721549
Just watch Doctor Strange :^)
>>
>>71719390
it takes you to a new level of conciousness, it makes you more creative, it makes you more agreeable and open to new information -- in short, its a fucking miracle drug and god made it for us to take, it doesnt even matter if you believe in god youll see eventually
>>
>>71721602
>Show me the hospital records that this actually happened.
Show me any of the documents about Dylan or McCartney then. No bios or links to bios, I want to see the actual documents.

And no, that wasn't an ad hominem. CLT is a famous tripfag you young'un.
>>
>>71721621
you didn't. that's besides the point, you're making a comment on something you've never experienced, and it's not comparable to discussing music without knowing music theory.
>>
good for him
>>
>>71721651
>created mid 20th century
>god created it
Sure anon.

If you need to take drugs to be creative then you're not really that creative.
>>
I've tried acid a grand total of one time and had a terrible trip, now I don't want to do it ever again
>>
>>71721652
Burden of proof is on you since you made the initial claim.

I would avoid making accusations you can't back up (especially from the mind of a 5 year old)
>CLT is a famous tripfag you young'un.
How is that relevant?
>>71721656
>you didn't
So you misspoke
>you're making a comment on something you've never experienced,
OK, again, are you posting on a music board without being a musician or knowing music theory yourself?

If the answer is "yes" then maybe your logic should be discarded.
>>
I've done pot, edibles, acid, cough syrup, heroin and been drunk who knows how many times. I've never entered a level of thought or consciousness that I couldn't have entred via meditation.
>>
>>71721695
yeah, meditation is a great way to open your mind if you don't want to do drugs
>>
>>71721688
>Burden of proof is on you since you made the initial claim.
You're the one who made the claim about Dylan and McCartney. Burden of proof is on me for Lennon and on you for the other two. Hurry along now.

And that's really sweet of you to resort to name-calling.
>>
>>71721688
>stands by his apples and oranges example
>think he's at a position to comment on sound logic
OK m8
>>
File: Lennon Abuse 2.jpg (48KB, 1896x113px) Image search: [Google]
Lennon Abuse 2.jpg
48KB, 1896x113px
>>71721602
Apparently you can hear the interview on the John Lennon lost tapes.
>>
>>71721725
>You're the one who made the claim about Dylan and McCartney.
Of course. I'll post my sources when you post yours. Fair?
>And that's really sweet of you to resort to name-calling.
What did I call you? Was it like when you name called me CLT? Did he hurt your feelings once?
>>71721744
Apparently you didn't read the post
Here lets' try again. >>71721437 Go word by word this time
>>
sure LSD has a strong transcendent part to it

it's also a hell of a lot of fun

i mean shit, i don't feel like OMG IT CHANGED EVERYTHING OMG I FEEL SO CONNECTED, sure it's pretty meditative, but it's also just A BLAST. i've done LSD a bunch of times and i've done A LOT of LSD when i do it, and the #1 thing every trip has is "ho fuck this is so much fucking fun"
>>
Doing drugs is just exploring your own brain. It's the most self-righteous, mastubatory passtime in existence.

Doing acid isn't watching a movie or playing a video game... it's just exploring the thoughts that are already in your head. How the fuck can that be "life changing"? It's your own brain, the one you spend every single day with. You're teaching yourself lessons that you should already know about yourself. You can't teach yourself about anything other than yourself, you're really not learning anything...

That said, I do like to get high sometimes. It's a nice feeling. But miss me with that "life changing" shit.
>>
>>71721760
>What did I call you? Was it like when you name called me CLT? Did he hurt your feelings once?
Nope, we're friends on Facebook even. He and you just have a similar way of phrasing things. I wasn't name calling you anything (other than literally calling you name, but there was no mockery involved). Thanks for assuming tho.
>>
Paul was and remains a pussy. Nowadays he says he's given up weed because "I'm a father and a grandfather, I need to set a good example. It was ok when the kids were small and I could smoke it without them noticing."
>>
>>71721802
I'm not seeing what name I called you. Try again without misdirection
>>
>>71719140
>I mean no surprise there that the worst member of the Beatles is a bitch
>>
>>71721688
>especially from the mind of a 5 year old)
>not name calling
>>
>>71721809
That's called being an adult.
>>
>>71721741
Why not?
>>
>>71721760
"I used to be cruel to my woman, and physically -- any woman. I was a hitter. I couldn't express myself and I hit. I fought men and I hit women"
>took steps to improve his life.
>didn't do shit
>>
>>71721867
Tbh it kinda falls flat when he's had children and grand children for years decades and just now decided to put the herbs down. More power to him but still.
>>
>>71721859
I was referencing Sean Lennon. Did you forget what we were talking about?
>>71721885
>walk away from being a rock star
>be a stay at home dad
>take care of your son all day while wife goes and works
Nice Paul McCartney quote though.
>>
>>71719534
who the hell needs enlightenment that shit hurts like a motherfucker
>>
>>71721908
Those accusations have been confirmed time and again in Lennon biographies.
>>
>>71721809
>man is a pussy because he gives up a substance to be an example for his kids

yeah dude it was so cool when your dad used to come home wasted every weekend and shit
>>
>>71721922
Ooops not seeing the hospital records. Try again.

I mean, surely a celebrity of Lennon's caliber, having to take his son to a doctor with a bleeding ear from literal child abuse (this child later went on to become a great musician himself with great hearing, btw) would have at least been tagged by child protection or at least been on the news, right?

Or maybe, it's more plausible that he had an ear infection around the same time he got a gentle scold from his father, and missremembered because, you know, he was 5 years old

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam%27s_razor
>>
>>71721908
Not even a Paul quote.
>take care of your son all day while wife goes and works
And not fixing the mess he created with his first marriage and being closer with his son.
>snorting the ashes of John Lennon this hard (you)
>>
>>71722060
>Not even a Paul quote.
John never said he wrote it, so it must be a Paul quote.
>And not fixing the mess he created with his first marriage
He did, with his second wife and child. Don't you know how redemption works?
>>
>>71722089
"Getting Better" is a song written mainly by Paul McCartney, with lyrical contributions from John Lennon (credited to Lennon–McCartney).
>He did
"You cannot just discard people because you can't face up to them. You cannot say: 'Here's my new life. I'm older, I understand more, I'll make it better now.' It doesn't work that way." Julian Lennon
>>
>>71722155
>"Getting Better" is a song written mainly by Paul McCartney, with lyrical contributions from John Lennon (credited to Lennon–McCartney).
[citation needed]
>"You cannot just discard people because you can't face up to them. You cannot say: 'Here's my new life. I'm older, I understand more, I'll make it better now.' It doesn't work that way." Julian Lennon
I wonder if he's talking about the millions of dollars that was left to him from Lennon's will. Care to answer?
>>
>>71722178
He was talking about how his Father treated his new family compared to his old family.
[citation needed] its a fact that Lennon wrote some of the lyrics look it up im not your mama
>>
I want to try acid but I will literally have a mental breakdown I almost had to be hospitalized for a psychotic episode cause I ate an edible once and that was more than a year ago and my vision is still fucked up and it sent me into a 6 month period of depression cause it fucked with my brain chemicals
>>
I tried LSD once and it was nothing life-changing, except in that it did go on forever and I was pretty fed up by the end of it.
>>
>>71722307
>He was talking about how his Father treated his new family compared to his old family.
It's not his responsibility to dictate how other people should redeem themselves. Again, he's literally set for life because of who his father is. He was taken care of indefinitely. I'm really sorry he's too whiny and wants to pick and choose how people act towards him, but that's not how life goes.
>its a fact
Then it should be easy for you to give a [citation]
>>
>>71722324
sounds like you shouldn't do acid
>>
>>71722342
Lennon his not redeemed. He did not help his old family. He was set for life after he died
>>
>>71722379
>only I can decide if someone was redeemed or not!
Nah
>He did not help his old family
See: his will
>He was set for life after he died
That's fine.
>>
>>71721809
>Upset about LSD because "it alters your life"
>put pot is fine
what a hypocritical puss. LSD isn't even a hard drug.
>>
File: Getting Better.jpg (66KB, 799x558px) Image search: [Google]
Getting Better.jpg
66KB, 799x558px
>>71722424
Are you under age by any chance.
>leaves his old family in a mess, leaves his wife to raise a kid by herself and leaves his first son without a father figure. Doesn't think to give any of them a share of his wealth to help them out.
But thats all okay because of his new family. no.
>>
>>71722543
>Are you under age by any chance.
Nice ad hominem. Looks like you ran out of arguments?
>living in a mansion with money from the Beatles royalties is a mess
Nah
>leaves his wife to raise a kid by herself
She was married three more times after her divorce with Lennon. Note she kept her name as well. Hmmmmm
>Doesn't think to give any of them a share of his wealth to help them out
Why should he? It's his, not theirs. Blame Cyn for blowing through all the alimony
>>
>>71722658
they weren't living in a mansion. Still had to raise a child by herself. He should, his family that he abandoned.
>>
>>71722808
>they weren't living in a mansion
So? Why would they? They were separated from the rich guy.
>Still had to raise a child by herself
Again, she didn't. She remarried three more times. She was very much not alone.
>divorce =/= abandonment
Nah
>>
>>71722880
John Lennon abandoned his son
>>
>>71719140
Coincidentally all top tier Beatles tracks are McCartney ones. really makes you think
>>
>>71722981
No, he was there for Sean, his son.
>>
Hahaha does /mu/ actually cheat their way musically with psychedelics and other drugs. Part of being a musician is making clean and solely with your unaltered mind and heart.
You can take as much acid as you want and preform better but it will never be you making it.
>>
>>71719305
The best acid trip I ever had was the last one I'll ever have.

I just spent the day at the part with my friends listening to music, watching an amazing sunset (even the one's who weren't tripping said it was one of the craziest they had ever seen), and just generally having a good time.

The whole thing made me reflect on how lucky I am to live a comfortable life, and to be alive at all. I reflected on the fact that just being able to feel emotions, hears sounds and see light is something I should never take for granted.

When I was coming down, it felt amazing. I knew I was going back to the real world, with responsibilities and hardships, but I knew I was going back into it having experienced an amazing day and being surrounded by friends.

Sorry for the blog, but that's how my perspective changed from acid. Its not something I think about every day, but I like to think it made a small, positive shift in my outlook.
>>
>>71722808
>>71722379
>The settlement was then raised to £100,000, £2,400 annually, and custody of Julian.[136] Another £100,000 was put into a trust fund which Julian would inherit when he was 21. Until that time, his mother would receive the interest payments. Their decree nisi was granted on 8 November 1968.[137] The trust fund had one codicil, which provided for any further children by Lennon, so when Sean Lennon was born in 1975, Julian's inheritance was cut to £50,000.[138]
>She lived for a few months in a flat Starr owned at 34 Montagu Square, central London,[139] but returned to Kenwood as Lennon and Ono preferred to live there instead, rather than in isolated Weybridge.[140]
As you can see Cynthia did live in Lennon's mansion, got a $1,670,000 settlement and $40,000 per year afterwards.

Nice try though.
>>
>>71722981
You kids here abandon your parents.
>>
>>71723418
Paul play Scrabble with me.
>>
>>71720673
>>71720723
That's a George quote.
>>
>>71723454
Son talk to us, we're lonely, as you will be as you get older.
>>
>>71723366
paul was a stoner the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>71719912
I used to work with one, jesus christ the stupid shit that would come out of his mouth. He always sent me these stupid fucking articles from no name new age websites about how lsd can change the world, weed can cure cancer and aids and a bunch of third eye chakra shit.

He seemed always stoned like his head was stuck in second gear constantly.
>>
>>71722808
>She had kept mementos of Lennon for years, but began auctioning them off after his death,[163] including a personally drawn Christmas card from Lennon to her, which fetched £8,800 at Christie's in August 1981.[164] With her finances in an unsteady state – she would say in 1999 that "Apart from John, the men I have fallen in love with have never been good at earning a living"[161]
Well isn't that interesting
>>
>>71723652
So are you saying just because he's done it and countless others, it means it okay?
>>
>>71723552
Have you ever played Scrabble where everyone makes up words and gives them definitions that fit? If you want we can play.
>>
>>71723704
What I am saying is he is a pussy bitch for being scared of an acid hit changing his life but was okay smoking pot to crank out his music. He was most certainly the most normie basic Beatle.
>>
>>71723704
Are you saying the Beatles can't claim responsibility for or ownership of their music?
>>
I think Acid is cheap. There are a lot of things that can be in a way beneficial, but are ulitmitly inferior to coming to such a point through your own will.

As an example, I knew this girl who's brother was a really angry guy, got kicked out of school, got in a lot of fights, punched a lot of holes in walls, and at some point he started smoking a lot of marijuana. She didn't like saying it, but she said it made him a better person, because at least he wasn't so angry all the time.

That's cheap, though, we all have shit, we all have personal flaws, and smoking marijuana instead of working out those flaws is bad, you become static, you never truly improve, you just become static.

I think Acid falls under this, yes some people have great epihpanies, it changes your perspect completely, but in a cheap way. I take great pride in big realizations, changes in understanding of the world and so forth, but I didn't get to that point from taking drugs, I got to that point by spending my time contimplating and feeling shitty, but coming out the other side is fantastic.

Acid is cheap, kudos to Mccartney for refusing.
>>
>>71723731
How is it a pussy thing to not want to drastically alter your brain chemistry just to put out "better" music. Even weed would alter your chemistry hence not composing with a proper mind.
>>
>>71723737
Did I ever once claim that, go smoke a joint and take acid to get "inspired"
>>
paul did take acid though
he spent the whole time worrying about a bit of dirt on his sleeve
>>
>>71723789
You did.

>>71723366
>Part of being a musician is making clean and solely with your unaltered mind and heart.

>You can take as much acid as you want and preform better

>but it will never be you making it.
>>
>>71723731
>hey lets do 140mph down this street, there might be a crash or we might hit an pedestrian, but for the most part it turns out allright and it's awesome. Dont be a pussy, I've done it many times before and I've never crashed. Now I drive everywhere really fast.
>>
>>71723773
>Even weed would alter your chemistry hence not composing with a proper mind.
As a stoner, Paul was altering his brain chemistry anyway. He did more alteration to his mind and perception in his history of pot use than one acid hit would have done, but he was too afraid of psychedelics for no reason.
>>71723836
false equivalence; LSD is not a hard drug.
>>
>>71723820
Technically speaking it wasn't "them" making it. But you are really stretching there if you are accusing me of saying they shouldn't have ownership of it, I never once said that, only saying it wasn't "them". Think with your own mind, play with your own touch.
>>
>>71723867
what if you have a cup of coffee? is that ok?
>>
>>71723836
>We may hit a pedestrian or crash.

>Haha XD it is le fun
>>
>>71723867
>Technically speaking it wasn't "them" making it. But you are really stretching there if you are accusing me of saying they shouldn't have ownership of it, I never once said that, only saying it wasn't "them". Think with your own mind, play with your own touch.

Who are "they" really, then?

Some people make way better music from weed, alcohil, Adderall, or even caffeine, if consumed in high enough quantities. Do those also displace who is making it?
>>
>>71723894
Not even that.
>>
>>71723867
>Technically speaking it wasn't "them" making it
That's some dumb logic, and I am vanilla as fuck. It is their mind and it is their self that is making the music. What you are saying is like saying the food they digested should have credit.
>>
>>71719217
>he thinks that peer pressure stops being a thing after you grow up
it only becomes more subtle, my man.
>>
>>71723937
vitamin b12?
>>
>>71723939
>endless baby pictures posted to facebook
>subtle
>>
>>71723922
Its not hard to grasp, using drugs is an unfair game, there are people and musicians out there, and in history, who cannot use due to the effects it gives them, you can be a normie and blaze it to make better songs and music, it 100% wouldn't be you tho since you are at an altered state of consciousness.

Why would you cheat, its easy to understand, you are just griped to drugs like an iron vice, just let it go and play from your heart.
>>
>>71724008
lol
>>
>>71724008
>>71723922
Friendly reminder that the musicians who made "better" music while on drugs were already great and creative musicians to begin with.
>>
>>71723938
The food you eat wouldn't effect your state of consciousness if it is not psychoactive, and if it was, it would be considered a drug. Your claim is faulty.
>>
>not doing opiates to create better music
>>
>>71724030
Completely false, Mozart never composed under the influence and neither did Beethoven. Also watch a video of jimi Hendrix playing without drugs.
>>
>>71724035
The metabolism of food most certainly effects one's state of consciousness. It provides energy to thought processes and allows for this energy to be expended in the creative process. Without it, the self slips into a more destructive altered state. When withheld for a long time, it causes psychosis. No musician would have been able to create without food, so according to your logic food should really have the credit for musical creativity.
>>
>>71723962
That's not even a psychoactive you meme.
>>
>>71723797
i don't know why this made me laugh so hard

but yeah he did take acid a few times, his first real trip was with john alone

as far as hard drugs paul seemed to prefer cocaine
>>
>>71724035
Amino acids in the food is a precursor to serotonin. Some food has more of the specific serotonin precursor amino acids (bananas for example). And serotonin alters your brain chemistry.
His claim isn't faulty.
>>
>>71724085
no but it does affect your mood
>>
>>71724084
>Energy=psychoactive

Nice logic.
Also not eating actually forces your body to "eat" itself which in turn releases psychoactives, which is why fasting is a common religious ritual.
>>
>>71724090
iirc it's true, i think i read it in an interview with him years ago
can believe he was a coke guy
>>
Doing acid is just fun and nothing else. I hate when people buy tapestries and shit because wow im so enlightened xDDD.
You're not gonna find anything other than a fun time.
>>
>>71724110
>Amino acids, a precursor to serotonin, equals a psychoactive.
If you are really that dependent on drugs that you need to claim that eating is now a drug to invalidate my argument you are stuck in the loop my friend.
Also that's just a brain mechanism to reward you from eating so you don't just flat out starve yourself.
>>
>>71721226
"Man Always Gets Little Rush Out Of Telling People John Lennon Beat Wife"
>>
>>71724141
>Needing acid to have fun.

You must live a very thrilling life.
>>
>>71724061
>Mozart never composed under the influence and neither did Beethoven
Oh they didn't do snuff?
>Also watch a video of jimi Hendrix playing without drugs.
Watch something that doesn't exist?
>>
>>71724128
You say psychoactive are cheap because they alter perception. That is your beef with it, correct? You say it's cheating, but the substances don't put the fucking music in the person's head. The person creates it themself. Food alters perception and brain chemistry, in both its inclusion and absence. As does sleep. So unless you are against food and sleep as well, your argument is nothing but "muh feels".
Also, please name for me a successful musician who has not used your no-no substances.
>>
inb4 henry rollins
>>
>>71724189
You're talking about dopamine here now. And a good point actually because that's how nicotine works. Also stimulants like cocaine or amphetamines work in rather similar way.
>>
>>71724213
Music doesn't just magically enter your head because you were blessed by the music fairy, musical composition comes straight from dopamine levels.
>>
>>71724266
So musicians can't take credit for their music because it's all dopamine?
>>
File: d98.jpg (27KB, 563x601px) Image search: [Google]
d98.jpg
27KB, 563x601px
>>71724266
>musical composition comes straight from dopamine levels.
>>
>>71724206
Snuff is a quick hit and it never says anywhere that they used it while composing and playing.

Also you would be surprised once you find it.
>>
>>71724373
>Snuff is a quick hit
Thanks for agreeing with me
>never says anywhere that they used it while composing and playing.
Never says they didn;t
>>
>>71724357
https://scholar.google.ca/scholar?q=musical+composition+and+dopamine&hl=en&as_sdt=0&as_vis=1&oi=scholart&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiJvbD98erSAhXm5YMKHfWRBnEQgQMICDAA

I know it's an amazing bait.
>>
>>71724301
The dopamine you have is part of you, once you use something to increase your dopamine levels, that's when it become not apart of you.
>>
>>71724301
>>71724357
Not him but dopamine is tied into memory in the brain; if a musician composes a song, they're going to need to remember it, and also remember their musical skill to perform it. It's directly related to dopamine
>>
They seemed like such bros
>>
>>71724412
It says they've only done it on specific special occasions with people, and never in an occasion where they would need to compose straight after.
>>
>>71724470
it's still altering brain chemistry.

Nice backpedaling though
>>
File: 1454199277391.jpg (88KB, 657x720px) Image search: [Google]
1454199277391.jpg
88KB, 657x720px
>>71724434
Dude, every type of reward response increases dopamine levels. According to your definition, being under the influence of food, love, pleasure, ect. is "cheating" when it comes to creativity. And I am no chemical expert but to my knowledge drugs only stimulate dopamine already present in the brain. Even if you inject dopamine into your blood stream it would not reach your brain.
>>
>>71724580
Pharm student here.
Exactly, drugs don't produce dopamine, they can just stimulate the release from synapses or block reuptake from post-synapses. Long term use of amphetamines leaves your body with very low amounts of dopamine and severe, hardly treatable depression.
>>
>>71724580
Wrong
>>
>>71724514
>Influenced while creating

>Influenced while circle jerking with the high class.

Can you even read?
>>
>>71724716
>Taking a drug that forces the release of dopamine is not actually dopamine release.

WEEEEEEW
>>
>>71724746
A real artist is constantly creating, even while
>circle jerking with the high class.
>>
>>71724779
Wrong
>>
>>71724820
t. non artist
>>
>>71724728
not an argument
>>
>>71724716
How is stimulating release different from producing? Amphetamine directly causes neurons to release dopamine.
>>
>>71724580
Not true. The blood stream part is true, but only because dopamine can't cross the blood-brain barrier. Inject meth or something and your brain will produce more dopamine.
>>
>>71724865
Technically, you don't produce more dopamine, quite opposite actually, part of the released dopamine is metabolized and destroyed so you are lowering your dopamine levels instead of increasing them using drugs.
>>
>>71724849
>Artists are always composing.

Mozart even said he usually gets his ideas after eating and going for a walk by himself. Its not like a husk of no personality being a musical machine while sitting there always thinking about music. You have to be inspired first.
>>
>>71724205
>>Needing acid to have fun
where did I say that, retard.
>>
>>71724945
This is false, drug abuse~mental illness~neurotoxicity~high dopamine levels
>>
>>71724963
>You have to be inspired first.
Hence the snuff
>>
>>71724980
>You're not gonna find anything other then a fun time

Also nice ad hominem.
>>
>>71725010
If you don't know that classical music was directly inspired from the sounds of nature u are memed.
>>
>>71725026
Oh it's just shitty bait
>>
>>71719390
Let me give you a straight answer. For me it made me see literally everything from a more "objective" perspective. I could feel how "real" everything really was, as though I had been living in a dream before. It felt like I was waking up and thinking holy fuck, I'm actually alive here, observing the universe, and I was feeling an extremely strong sensation of being completely connected with everything else, I mean even the air. It felt "thick", like there's no space between you and anything else. At the peak this sensation was kind of unpleasant, but it went away after a little while. Then I remember feeling like I had washed my brain, feeling emotionally "clean".

Of course it's just mostly your mind playing tricks on you and not really some profound religious thing imo.
>>
File: 1434420858525.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1434420858525.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>want to take LSD because it seems cool but don't expect or really want it to make a serious impression on me
>family has a history of mental illness
What should I do, /mu/?
>>
Paul was the last of the group to take acid, but the first to tell the press about it.

What a primadonna.
>>
>>71725246
I should specify, anxiety and depression. I'm already more anxious than most people, but I never get anxious when I smoke too much weed so I don't think I'll flip out during a trip.
>>
>>71725246
You should learn to be happy without the need of a crutch
>>
>>71725329
Fuck off faggot
>>
>>71725359
Ooops someone's upset
>>
>>71725318
It's weird, I have anxiety and I always panic and freak out with fear when smoking weed. I never had that problem with acid however.
>>
File: 1483724875445.png (279KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
1483724875445.png
279KB, 500x384px
>>71725397
Maybe I'm upset because instead of advice I get some asshole telling me how to live my life. Is your crutch depriving other people of joy? Do you go around telling people to stop smoking or eating fast food, then go home and jerk off to how fucking superior you are?
>>
>>71719305
stupid druggies
>>
>>71725534
>please tell me how to live me life
>but only tell me what I want to hear
I would tell you to kys but you might actually do it!
>>
>all these acid users and their life changing experiences

Why aren't you kimosabes making this shit board a better place if you're so woke?
>>
>>71725246
I don't recommend it. I remember reading someone say that they don't know anyone who would benefit from taking more LSD than they currently do but they also don't know anyone who wouldn't benefit from taking less. It's something to take when your life has you stuck in a place where you don't really care if it makes you worse off because you have nothing to lose by giving it a shot. Also try 2cb instead when you do
>>
>>71725416
Cannabis is intrinsically anxiety causing, LSD is not. LSD leaves your anxiety at the level it is when you dose, for better or worse.
>>
>>71725691
Acid doesn't change your life, it makes you feel like it changed your life when in reality you're a drugged out hippie bitch shouting meaningless deep shit.
>>
>>71725732
>It's something to take when your life has you stuck in a place where you don't really care if it makes you worse off because you have nothing to lose by giving it a shot
Wow sounds like real winners
>>
>>71724779
A so called real artist doesn't like LSD because you get so fucked up you can't actually do anything and everything you make while tripping is kind of terrible.
>>
>>71725785
Wow it's really great to hear your uneducated and reckless opinion
>>
>>71725619
Yeah if someone is a dick and they take LSD they usually become even more of a dick. Drugs can't show you anything that you don't already know
>>
>>71725619
>>71725732
Actually, you have a point. I really am just looking for someone to tell me to take LSD, because I want to but would feel better about it if someone told me it was the right thing to do. But can you really blame me? Isn't that we all want, to be told that what we're doing is OK?
>>
>>71725800
Like The Beatles/Beach Boys/Jimi Hendrix/The Who/Grateful Dead/Pink Floyd...?

Oh wait
>>71725836
Ooops must have stung
>>71725895
>But can you really blame me?
Yes. Stop being a pussy and take charge of your life
>>
>>71725929
>rockist garbage
lmao
>>
>>71725937
>I don't like it so it's garbage
Poptimists pls
>>
>>71725762
Really? How come?
>>
File: 1488833277002s.jpg (8KB, 200x250px) Image search: [Google]
1488833277002s.jpg
8KB, 200x250px
>>71719278
>>71719335
>>71719434
>>71720781

>>71720732
This
>>
File: 1484532869719.jpg (67KB, 722x349px) Image search: [Google]
1484532869719.jpg
67KB, 722x349px
>t-t-take acid it'll make you super en-enlightened, dude!
Jesus the things some people are dependent on to be able to think introspectively and meditate on difficult subjects or questions is astounding. Turn off the computer, turn off the phone, turn off your /mu/sic, and get by yourself, and think while you're sober. If you depend on a damned drug to help you get "enlightened" then you can't and won't enact any real change in the world or in yourself.
>>
>>71719305
The one thing acid did to me was to calm my brain from its compulsive non stop analysing of more or less everything. I could literally experience the change from the day before to the day after. That was pretty great. But it did not change my perspective in any way otherwise.
>>
>>71726103
It's not necessarily "frying" anything, but it's pretty much the mental/"spiritual" equivalent of a lobotomy if you take it to "change your life". It might do something you perceive as good, yeah, but it has an equal chance of fucking you up, and in reality both options are worse than working out your issues like a normal person.
>>
>>71726134
>The one thing acid did to me was to calm my brain from its compulsive non stop analysing of more or less everything
You could have done this with DBT therapy.
>>
>>71726169
Good on you for pointing that out.
>>
>>71723398
>The whole thing made me reflect on how lucky I am to live a comfortable life, and to be alive at all.
The very same thing happened to me last time I dropped acid. I suddenly became aware how comfortable and lovely my life is, and how there are probably billions of people on this planet way, way worse off. I'm doing community service now and striving to be a better person. Acid didn't turn me into a more compassionate person, it just swept away my inhibitions and made me realize things I hadn't noticed before. Thanks for sharing anon, what you said really struck a chord with me.
>>
>>71724945
That's not how downregulation works. Either way, amphetamine leads to net more dopamine concentration several hours.
>>
>>71725005
Other guy is wrong as fuck, but this is also wrong.
>>
>Harrison and John die decades earlier

really makes you ponder
>>
>>71726506
Yeah the two that were shot and stabbed
>>
>>71720788
I'm pretty sure he did it to fuck with Japan. They didn't let him in for years because of marijuana and then they finally let him in and he brings a huge amount of marijuana. Pretty sure he was fucking with them.
>>
>>71719140
fuck lennon the wifebeating rich fuck preaching about love and how having shit doesn't matter.
fuck harrison the literal cuck who plagarized songs.
fuck ringo because people say they like ringo to be special.
props to paul, fuck acid it is for literal morons can't think of anybody who preached it's efficacy and wasn't some fucking charlatan loon or just some generic moron.
>>
>>71727404
>fuck acid it is for literal morons
How long have you been doing acid?
>>
>>71727427
i've done it once and that was enough for me to know it's for braindead fucktards.
>>
>>71727404
kind of ironic how you seem to be implying paul wasn't a fucking charlatan loon and a generic moron.
>>
>>71719140
he ended up doing acid anyway, what you on about?
>>
>>71727545
it was proper acid and it was fucking shit. i can see how people who are already fucked in the head would like it though.
>>
>>71727515
Take one to know one!
>>
>>71727562
paul is top 5 greatest songwriters of all time easily don't be a contrarian dumbfuck.
>>
>>71727631
takes*
you see, acidheads can't even type properly or make any sense try reading the sentence before you spew some generic kindergarten retort.
>>
>>71727650
the guy who wrote maxwell's silver hammer? He was one of the worst songwriters on the Beatles, you plebeian. Greatest of all time is a stretch upon a stretch. He just cranked out generic pop hits and thought he was hot shit.
>>
>>71727695
>one song you don't like means he's a shit songwriter
wew lad
>>
>>71727671
I've never done acid though
>>
>>71727695
i hope for your sake this is b8 because otherwise you should really kys.
>>
>>71727751
you really should it'd suit you.
>>
>>71727735
>>71727780
If you honestly enjoy Paul "Let 'em in" McCartney's "music" you need to lurk more and keep your shit opinions to yourself.
>>
>>71727843
noose.jpeg
do it
>>
>>71727799
Well, I'm not a blithering idiot such as yourself, sorry
>>
>>71727887
the only person who's provided evidence for being a "blithering idiot" is yourself so idk what you're talking about, nice projection i guess.
>>
>>71727899
>the only person who's provided evidence for being a "blithering idiot" is yourself
Where?
>>
>>71727843
What's wrong with it? It's fine.
>>
>>71727909
TAKE ONE TO KNOW ONE
hope english isn't your first language because i imagined you saying it in some eastern european accent sounding like a fucking retard.
>>
>>71727963
Ooops you seem to have made some errors in your posts. I'll help you out:

I hope that English isn't your first language because I imagine you saying it in an Eastern European accent, sounding like a fucking retard.

That is what you should have said. Sorry about that!
>>
Have you ever noticed how people who think LSD is life changing are the least interesting people you'll ever meet?
>>
>>71728010
nope it's imagined stop embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>71728259
(you)
>>
>>71728049
no.
>>
>>71728049
true as fuck.
>>
>>71726130
this

John is just being his pretnecious self, its not enlightening, its just something fun to do with friends, nothing more
>>
>>71729527
How's your million-selling album coming?
>>
is MDMA a meme. i might try it for the first time soon
>>
>>71719305
Your perspective is only going to change greatly if you are some normie who has never thought about the meaning if existence or the world and how it really functions. If you never came to the realization that living in a human society and only ever existing through your own perspective puts you into a certain way of seeing the world then it might be quite a crazy experience, but for me my first time was just a nice few hours thinking about me as a person and how my life has been so far and might be in the future.
>>
what the fuck is going on in this thread
>>
File: 1487018933872.jpg (20KB, 210x180px) Image search: [Google]
1487018933872.jpg
20KB, 210x180px
>>71725929
>stop being a pussy and take charge of your life
And deal with the anxiety of choice? No thank you.
Thread posts: 303
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.