[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>wants to make a song about crime in the streets >instead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Smug Fripp.jpg (14KB, 299x375px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Fripp.jpg
14KB, 299x375px
>wants to make a song about crime in the streets
>instead of just doing research on crime in the streets, sends his guitarist to actually go deep into the city, stumble upon an illegal gambling operation, get mistaken for an undercover cop, and almost mugged
Was Fripp the original ABSOLUTE MADMAN?
>>
File: IMG_0252.jpg (48KB, 604x516px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0252.jpg
48KB, 604x516px
>Me listening to cat food

NOT EVEN FIT FOR A HORSE
>>
>>71712610
wait
is that true
>>
>>71712695
Thela Hun Ginjeet off of Discipline.
>>
>>71712706
holy shit
what a legend
>>
File: 1477106622860.jpg (87KB, 882x640px) Image search: [Google]
1477106622860.jpg
87KB, 882x640px
>>71712637
>yfw you realized Cat Food was actually a masterfully subliminal critique of the supermarket industry
>>
wait a sec so fripp is the one who sings in discipline?
>>
>>71712706
>I finally unbuttoned my shirt

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>71712911
top kek
He was showing the Rastas who were accusing him of being an undercover cop that, no, he was not an undercover cop, he was just a dorky guy with a short haircut who was in a band. If he was a cop, I imagine he'd be packing some heat.
>>71712894
Nope, but he sent Belew to gather intel on crime in the streets ("heat in the jungle," which can be anagrammed into "Thela Hun Ginjeet) and now we have the fourth track of Discipline.
>>
>>71712610
>be Robert Fripp
>Still play and write in 2017
>>
Do you like King Crimson?

Their early work was a little too ersatz flute rock for my tastes, but when Larks' Tongues In Aspic came out in '73, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. They've been compared to Yes, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.

In '74, King Crimson released this, Red, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Starless", a song so incredible, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about dark imagery, and losing loved ones, it's also a personal statement about the band itself.
>>
>>71712970
>but I think Huey
boi you fucked up there
>>
>>71712970
Should have said '75 instead of '74, since he fucks up the year that Fore! came out in the film (it came out in 1986 instead of 1987 as he says).
Also top kek @ ersatz
>>
>>71712970
fuck off christgau
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.