[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is sparklepunk going to have the same momentum in it's peak

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

is sparklepunk going to have the same momentum in it's peak as midwest emo revival did?
I think so
>>
can you reference a band. Want to hear an example of "sparklepunk"
>>
>>71712498
Mom jeans.
Sports.
Pictures of vernon
Prince daddy and the hyena
Just a few off the top of my head
>>
>>71712831

shameless plug here, this a song off my band's ep. would you consider this sparklepunk. Listened to all those bands before, never heard the term coined.

https://battersbytakesbronze.bandcamp.com/track/diddly-doo
>>
>>71712831
stopped at mom jeans. that's some garbage.
>>
>>71712953
Harsh
You like graduating life?
>>
>>71712285
I'm listening to Mom Jeans.
I see the "sparkle", but how is it "punk"?

Emo vocalization, I guess maybe pop-punk tinged. This is basically just New Found Glory with clean guitars.

Hard pass on this shit.
>>
I like mom jeans music, I've hung out with them actually lol decent guys. But I think Eric's lyrics are cringe as fuck. I'd probably never tell him that but they just come off as really undercooked and boring without any substance etc. Shame because I like the music and his vocals a lot
>>
>>71712831
You like Huey Lewis and The News? Their early work is a little too, "new wave," for my taste, but when SPORTS came out in '83, I think that really came into their own. Commercially and artistically. Their new album is a clean, crisp sound, and a new sheen of cosmic professionalism. They really gave the song, a pate boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.
>>
how is this shit any different from other new emo/twinkly bands
>>
>>71712831
>Prince daddy and the hyena
funny to see them mentioned here

they were ok live

i don't know if i could get into sparklepunk
>>
>>71713664
it's not
>>
>>71712831
Mom Jeans is sparkle punk? I listened to Best Buds and it just sounds like generic emo to me.
>>
>>71712285
What genre would stuff like Crywank and Patron Saint of Bridge Burners be? It's certainly not emo but it's super melancholy.
>>
>>71712285
wft is sparklepunk
>>
>>71714625
A new subby for emo/pop punk brrakoffs I assume.
Dogs on acid and Oliver Houston are clumped with the genre as well according to some article I read on it
Like twinkly emo but more pop punk influence? Idk
>>
>>71714771
I read that it's like pop-punk and indie rock with some emo influence. Like modern baseball or Mom jeans.
>>
>>71713448
I love his vocals. I feel like they walk the line of cringy but kind of in a relatable way. It's almost like the same thing as camp is to movies. Mom jeans gets a bad rep around here because reddit likes them but I knew about them before they were popular because I know one of the dudes in the band. I think they are great, and the drumming on the album is some of my favorite in a long time
>>
>>71714771
I love oliver houston, they consider themselves beach rock though. Which I always thought was weird. They're like algernon cadwallader in that way

haven't heard of sparklepunk until now, I think it's a pretty silly name since I would just consider all this shit emo
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.