[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Out of curiosity, do any of you listen to FIDLAR or a band

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 20170321_214952.png (2MB, 949x1065px) Image search: [Google]
20170321_214952.png
2MB, 949x1065px
Out of curiosity, do any of you listen to FIDLAR or a band similar to it?
>>
>>71712102
yeah i like them better when they were called blink-182
>>
>>71712112
/thread
>>
>>71712102
>do any of you listen to FIDLAR
Yes

>or a band similar to it?
I like PUP, Jeff Rosenstock and Wavves as well

Also saw Cloud Nothings 3 weeks ago which are kinda similar
>>
>>71712102
Awful. How people can sit through this uninspired, vapid, outdated turd (or anything else by them for that matter) and hail it as a "masterpiece" is beyond me. Hopefully in 20 years nobody will recognize these hacks as anything worth talking about.
>>
File: 1484760776017.jpg (42KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1484760776017.jpg
42KB, 480x640px
>>71713487
>Awful. How people can sit through this uninspired, vapid, outdated turd
>>
>>71712102
essentially hipster wannabe-core
>>
>>71712102
brat rock
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 377x373px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 377x373px
>>71713615
as opposed to..."real" hipster-core????
>>
>>71713767
hipsters are annoying and bad enough but wannabes are even worse by ten million times
>>
>>71713798
here's a better question,

is FIDLAR themselves real hipsters? or are they too wannabes?
>>
>>71713487
>people like it therefore they think its a masterpiece
>>
>>71712102
These guys fucking suck.
>>
>>71712102
I saw them live last Halloween and they put on a really good show and have surprisingly great musicianship. Just good at their instruments & the energy was carefree, happy fun with lots of moshing.
>>
>>71712102
Wavves is somewhat close
>>
Been on a Titus Andronicus kick lately. Their latest album is probably most similar to Fidlar
>>
I like their shouty obnoxious tracks like Wake Bake Skate & Cheap Beer but this record was cringey as fuck
>>
>FIDLAR - Good
>Too - Bad
>>
>>71714737
Good is stretching it a little. Revisited the self titled recently after a few years and didn't realize how uninspired the songwriting is
>>
>>71712102
Together Pangea is like a less edgy version of FIDLAR. You'd probably like them
>>
>>71714911
That's point it was raw and stupid but a should of been a solid foundation for the band to grow, similar to cage the elephant a few years back.
>>
>>71712102
This album is one of my favorites. I love the youthful angst and it's so relatable with their talks of drinking problems, no aspirations, jealousy, life sucks etc.

But they don't do it in a whiny way like you hear with lots of pop punk bands like Real Friends for example. FIDLAR kinda puts all that content together in a shit kicking manner so it's great.

As another anon said, you will love Wavves if you enjoy FIDLAR. I will also recommend Bass Drum of Death.
>>
>>71713487
You stole this from the Abbey Road thread FAGGOT
>>
>>71712102
wavves is better desu
>>
>>71712102
Their first album is great, it's so full of energy and adrenaline.
I liked the second one when it came out, but it bored me very quickly, I can't even listen to it anymore.
>>
I love them. If you like this, and you like the sorta surfy style, check out the frights. Dead Beach is my favorite by them.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.