[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good bands that got cursed with having shitty fanbases causing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

Good bands that got cursed with having shitty fanbases causing people to disregard them?
>>
>>71701917
this applies to a whole bunch of post-hardcore and emo bands from the mid-00s tbqh
>>
>>71701917
desu the production on mellon collie is amazing
>>
desu
baka
senpai
cuck
>>
>>71701917
You can start, OP.

MCR is fucking horrible. I don't understand people here liking them.
Is it irony?
>>
Indie music as a whole
>>
Tool and Radiohead are the kings of this
>>
>>71701917
Grimes
>>
Anyone who pays attention to fanbases is a teenage
>>
>>71703740
/thread
>>
>>71702094
>MCR is fucking horrible. I don't understand people here liking them.
>Is it irony?

Thank You very much, finally someone of equal footing with me. Thought the same and I grew up when MCR was the shit in radios and MTV.
>>
three cheers = the black parade > bullets = danger days
flawless discography on the whole, my unironic favourite band
>>
File: 1488422088082.jpg (24KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
1488422088082.jpg
24KB, 480x320px
>>71702094
>>71703769

We get it, you saw the video for Helena when you were younger and you thought it was "gay"
>>
File: Tool - Aenima.jpg (59KB, 539x527px) Image search: [Google]
Tool - Aenima.jpg
59KB, 539x527px
>>
>>71703831
So we all agree that MCR is for fags?
>>
>>71703816
me too man, finally someone dared to say it
>>
>>71703831
No I thought they sound awful, it has nothing to do with the mv, faggot.
>>
>>71703915
like i'll fully admit a part of it is teenage nostalgia, but i have such a low tolerance for shitty emo/post-hardcore/pop punk so i was basically never into any of the other bands of the 'scene' except the ones with some artistic merit
so mcr were just legitimately fuckin sick from start to finish, pretty mad i never got to see them
although i caught one of gerard way's solo shows in 2014 and he gave me a shoutout on stage after spotting me in the crowd cause we used to email occasionally/follow each other on twitter, the man is an absolute bro
>>
>>71703941
This, wtf.
People always accuse people of tryna look cool for disliking MCR even though they honestly just sound like shitty, dime a dozen radio rock.
>>
>>71703858
Yeah, some tool fans suck. Still my favorite band though.
>>
File: IMG_0029.jpg (122KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0029.jpg
122KB, 1500x1500px
>>71701917
Arctic monkeys aka tumblr band for beginners
>>
Why would anyone let other peoples' opinions have any bearing on what they listen to?
>>
>>71705055

Nah, I think it's more MCR fans accuse MCR haters for not giving them a fair shot based off their embarrassing Hot Topic image and MTV singles. I'm not a huge MCR fan by any means but jesus they aren't the scene-pop-punk band they often get written off as.
>>
>>71705135
artic monkeys are complete fucking wank
their music exists purely for the sake of existing
>>
>>71701917
Back when they were just a bunch of guys hitting instruments while Gerard sang about 9/11
Most MCR freaks don't even listen to this one
>>
>>71701917
Every emo band pre 2007
Every chiptune artist
Tool
Every psychedelic band
Every industrial/synthpunk/synthpop band/artist
Nearly every metal/punk band
Nearly every indie/folk band
Every 'avant' or 'experimental' artist

So basically any music that people under the age of 40 like.
>>
>>71705547 still their fanbase suck ass
>>
i doubt it feels like a curse to them now that theyre famous and rich but they did go to shit after three cheers
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.