[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

for those with vinyl records: do you wash your hands everytime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

for those with vinyl records: do you wash your hands everytime you go to play one/some, or are you okay with them potentially getting them greasy?
>>
>>71699500
TAKE A LOOK AT THESE HANDS

My hands are generally pretty clean anyway so I don't bother
>>
File: 1465001601628.jpg (12KB, 320x449px) Image search: [Google]
1465001601628.jpg
12KB, 320x449px
I'm not okay with it, generally I need to wash my hands every-time.
>>
I wash my hands more than enough to not have this worry. But if I did have sweaty hands or dirty hands I'd probably think twice.

As long as your not manhandling your records, a little dirt isn't going to be an issue on the outer run-out.
>>
I just grab them by the edge
>>
don't care. if they get damaged I'll buy a new copy
>>
File: hold.jpg (93KB, 816x612px) Image search: [Google]
hold.jpg
93KB, 816x612px
>>71699500
You shouldnt be even touching the recorded part of the lp you dumbo
Use both hands each on one corner side and hold them by pressure of your palms, not by putting your fingers on them

Like this
>>
>>71699500
just play your damn records you pussy
>>
>>71699572
>>71699585
>>71699638
what about the jackets? do you worry about getting them all smudgy and shitty?

>>71699555
that's racist
>>
>>71699648
>that's racist

Sorry that image was unrelated, just that I can't handle the blackness whenever I don't handle them with care.
>>
>>71699644
well that's different, they have naturally dry skin
>>
>>71699670
Can we stop with this /pol/ posting already?
>>
>>71699648
That's what they're for
>>
should i talk to someone about why i'm ocd about my records or just fuck my shit up and hope it's fine?
>>
>>71699812
Talk to somebody, if you wait until its too late, its worst.
>>
>buying vinyl
When will this meme die
>>
>>71699859
>complaining about people buying vinyl
When will this meme die
>>
i usually rinse my records under the sink before listening to them in order to prevent bacterial infeterence with the sound
>>
>>71699867
as soon as buying it does :^)
>>
File: IMG_4717.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4717.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
blight
>>
>>71699859
>>71699905
Maybe you should just treat your autism?
>>
>>71700008
Nice fat load...
>>
>>71700016
>he thinks purchasing a dead format isn't autism

Check yours anon, it could be serious.
>>
I spread butter all over my records so the needle doesn't damage them.
>>
>>71701309
Manbutter?
>>
>>71699696
It's not /pol/ posting
>be me, a white guy at a black friend's house party with a bunch of his homies that i dont know
>some back guy with a sideways hat is doing the sickest scratching on some random pop album
>"yo nigga try this"
>idk if hes talking to me but not sure because im a cracker and he's weaing kanye shades so i cant see who hes talking to
>"yeah you, the cracka nigga"
>i get of the couch and go to the record player
>put my fingertips on the record
>my greasy white fingers slip it jolts the record forward, leaving a huge ass scratch
>"nigga that's my mother fucking mother's fucking record nigga, what the fuck is you doin?"
> i giggle nervously and try and scratch again
>my slippery ass cracker hand slips palm down on the record
>my hand spins around and i somehow get it stuck UNDER THE FUCKING NEEDLE
>the lubrication from my disgusting hands mean the record keeps turning and my hand is slowly being dragged sideways, getting cut deep by the needle
>scream in pain and jolt my arm up, bringing the record player with it
>the needle lifts and it falls from my hand
>the record player falls onto the concrete garage floor and gets fucking dismantled
>black friend looks at me
>"anon, get the fuck out my garage"
>i start to run away but then sideways hat guy steps in front of me
>"hol' up [my black friend's name], i need to service my motorcycle"
>i still don't know what he meant by that but right after he said it him and like 20 crips gang raped me
>>
>>71699518
TAKE A LOOK AT THEEEESE HAANDS
>>
>>71701480
started off great but had a week ending. 6/10
>>
I get kind of nervous about getting them greasy when I'm holding onto them in the store but at home when I don't have to carry them around I can pretty well avoid touching anything damageable , I just hold the record by the center/edge (don't touch the grooves at all) and set the jacket down on the table while I'm dealing with it
>>
>>71699869
(you)
>>
>>71701404
Nope, real butter. It also gives an even warmer sound.
>>
File: johnlydon460.jpg (14KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
johnlydon460.jpg
14KB, 460x276px
>>71701662
Country Life?
>>
>owning vinyls
>>
>>71701830
>improperly pluralizing "vinyl"
>>
File: nubraham lincoln.png (461KB, 500x518px) Image search: [Google]
nubraham lincoln.png
461KB, 500x518px
>tfw the center labels of the record are fingerprint magnets and it's impossible to wipe them out so
>>
>>71701480
>>71701503

Man I agree. That was the funniest thing I've read today but average ending. LItterally was laughing throughout though
>>
>>71701480
>>i get of the couch and go to the record player
>>the record player falls onto the concrete garage floor and gets fucking dismantled
Why is there a couch and a record player in your garage?
>>
>>71699638
only pretentious people hold records like this
>>
>>71702551
not him but a friend had both record player and couch in his garage
>>
>>71702591
Why?
>>
>>71702596
Why not?
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.