[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pet Sounds > Smiley Smile > The Smile Sessions > Friends

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Pet Sounds > Smiley Smile > The Smile Sessions > Friends > Today! > Sunflower > Summer Days (and Summer Nights) > Wild Honey > All Summer Long > Shut Down Volume 2 > Surfer Girl > Little Deuce Coupe > Surfin' U.S.A > Surfin' Safari

Haven't listened to the rest. What are your thoughts?
>>
Everything up until 1979's Light Album is probably worth getting. Most of their albums aren't perfect, but i've always thought that if you compiled the best 200-300 or so Beach Boys songs you'd have the greatest box set in history.
>>
>>71699001
That you probs need to spend more time listening to the albums ypu have heard and go get some of the classics you haven't, like Love You and Holland.
>>
Get a hold of Love You and Adult / Child asap
>>
LA Light Album and Holland are their most underrated albums
>>
>>71699001
Sunflower is way too low for my taste, but then again thats what ive listend to the most recently.

And while im at it, is Friends worth getting?
>>
>>71699077
Check'd.
I wish Light Album had California Feelin' and It's A Beautiful Day on it. (although the latter was recorded just after the albums release)
>>
>>71699086
It's pretty back-heavy to me. Doesn't really pick up until Deirdre.

Friends is probably the most similar to Sunflower in their discography, so definitely pick it up. I prefer it because it's more concise (only 25 minutes) and has smoother vocals.
>>
>>71699001
Listen to Surf's Up op. The best thing they did post-Brian
>>
>>71699740
What do you mean by "post-Brian"?
>>
>>71699781
He's posting from an alternate universe
>>
>>71699001
You haven't heard surf's up yet?
>>
>>71699781
I meant that Brian made almost nothing on this album other than some bits of 2 or 3 tracks.
>>
Beach Boys Love You is one of their best albums. Surf's Up only has one bad track and it has the greatest three song string in music history. Also, it's not an official release, but you might enjoy the snl mix of Smile.
>>
>>71699107
It has them in my playlist version ;)

I've pretty much rearranged most Beach Boys albums to make stronger more concise listens using singles and unreleased stuff from made in California. It's unbeatable.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.