[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is indie rock so white? not saying that's a bad thing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: stock-photo-763980.jpg (810KB, 1500x1430px) Image search: [Google]
stock-photo-763980.jpg
810KB, 1500x1430px
why is indie rock so white?

not saying that's a bad thing at all, just curious about the causes
>>
race is a social construct
>>
>>71696650

BECAUSE NIGGERS CAN'T JANGLE.
>>
>>71696650
why is hip hop so black?
>>
>>71696724
because jews
>>
>>71696650
It's such a stupid question. Instead, think to yourself why indie isn't black. This is indie we are talking about. Get it now?
>>
>>71696650

most musical blacks care/dream about making money, getting pussy, and escaping the ghetto so they make music thats made to make money.

most musical whites have enough money to survive on, they make music to be arty and get pussy, being successful is usually a side effect of indie/alt rockers.
>>
File: Unknown-1.jpg (8KB, 253x199px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown-1.jpg
8KB, 253x199px
try saying that to Bloc Party
>>
>>71696761
>Instead, think to yourself why indie isn't black. This is indie we are talking about. Get it now?
Are you saying black people as a whole are slaves to corporate culture and nearly all completely brainwashed to accept only the most pleb of entertainment?
>>
>>71696927
and Bloc Party should try making a good album. welp, that's out of the question.
>>
>>71696650
Rock got whiter and whiter as it aged and evolved. Think about it
>>
>>71696940
No, I'm saying the indiesphere and black culture are at odds. The "unbearable whiteness of indie," if you will, is the source of that. I'm not saying it's a bad thing but that is the reason

Also, friendly reminder that I am talking about black Americans and not black Europeans, which is why this >>71696927 doesn't count to OP's question.
>>
>>71696976

I already gave you the answer. most young black musicians are poor without a support system, so they make music to make money. most young white musicians aren't poor, and the ones that are, usually have a support system, so they make music for the art.
>>
>>71697000
agreed
>>
>>71696650
Black culture is different than white culture. It's that simple.
>>
>>71697000
I guess...
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.