[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm on a roommate searching site right now and it asks for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: death grips.jpg (65KB, 648x324px) Image search: [Google]
death grips.jpg
65KB, 648x324px
I'm on a roommate searching site right now and it asks for your music preferences....how weird should I go? Should I actually put Death Grips and other stuff that "normal" people would think is weird or should I stick to safe, well-known indie like Pixies and Animal Collective?
>>
>>71694097
Putting Death Grips will land you in a mental hospital, guaranteed. Do NOT show them how fucked up you are. Trust me.
>>
>>71694123
MOM'S GONNA FREAK
>>
>>71694123
anon they put you in a mental hospital because you kept waving your dick at the cashiers at target not because of your music taste
>>
Can you specify what albums you like by them?TMS and their other more commercial releases may be fine, but harsher albums like NLDW and Exmil might be weird for someone uninvested.
>>
>>71694179
well the thing only asks for musicians/bands, so I think putting an album would be weird. Maybe I should just stick to more conventional bands. I was even considering putting Swans lol
>>
>>71694097
honestly, get yourself a normie roommate. you don't wanna deal with some autistic meme spouting kid.
>>
if anything animal collective are weirder than dg
>>
all these posters have autism. death grips isnt that weird, and people like them outside of this siberian puppetting forum. in my roommate search bio i put that my actual favorite bands and this dude messaged me and said he loved them all (death grips included). we were roommates and no we're bffs just go full music nerd, youll get someone you actually like. i cant imagine who i wouldve gotten if i put a bunch of bands everyone likes - def someone i had nothing in common with
>>
>>71694097
Mix it up. Put your favorites that aren't too "weird" and a few that are your favorite regardless. Swans or DG aren't too weird desu, I've run into people who listen to both. They attract the more ""punk/post-punk"" crowd
>>
>>71694243
Alright man, thanks for your advice
>>71694255
Ok cool, I just have this feeling that not many people are on this site so I will be looked at as weird compared to others and then no one will want to room with me
>>
whoa op you mean you actually listen to death grips??? ...that's too hardcore, i wouldnt go spreading that around or people will be too intimidated to make conversation with you
>>
>>71694304
Hey man I am not trying to sound like an elitist, it's just that you and me both know that the name Death Grips would throw some potential cool roommates off if they are unfamiliar with the band
>>
>>71694097
>>71694198
it's 2017 it blows my mind that people on here of all places continue to treat dg or swans like they are SO CRAZY
>>
>>71694330
I am really not trying to say that man, it's just if you look up bands of that sort, you may be weirded out by someone who likes them

I mean hell, the Swans front-man has been accused of rape and the songs he has made in the past even mention the subject

Death Grips, on the other hand, could potentially look sacrilegious to those who have not familiarized themselves with their culture
>>
tip: no one gives two shits about the music you listen to
>>
>>71694284
You won't be looked at as weird, if so you don't want those roommates. Those bands are pretty popular outside of here. I turned my roommate onto DG and he usually listens to Metallica and is a comic book nerd. Even Schoolboy Q listens to DG.
>>
>>71694380
trust me no one gives enough of a shit about you to start researching every band you list on a roommate preferences survey

just list what you like and it will either resonate with others or not. if they look it up and are shocked by death grips culture(??!) then i imagine you won't have to worry about rooming with them

it's just that easy
>>
>>71694431
yeah I guess you're right
>>
Are you fucking 16? I've had professors who listen to Death Grips, I've seen fucking Rolling Stone talk about fucking Death Grips.
>>
>>71694157
LOL where did you come up with that one anon
>>
>having roommates
>>
>>71694494
if you are reading rolling stone you are honestly an even bigger dweeb than op

s.m.h.
>>
>>71694500
what a silly thing to brag about
>>
>>71694494
Listening to Death Grips is one thing, integrating into Death Grips culture is a different beast entirely. It's a complete abandonment of humanity and social norms -- a shocking, sickening process to the uninitiated.
>>
>>71694621
honestly dude I've spent my whole day sniffing ritalin and shitposting in a kaos magic group so you don't have to tell me.

I really need a job.
>>
I hate Death Grips. I immediately lose respect for anyone who listens to them, and especially those who praise them. Here's why:
Name 20 successful people that listen to them. Pop basically runs the show when it comes to music. This includes artists like Kanye West, Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Justin Bieber, Zayn Malik, Adele, Katy Perry, Beyonce et al. Pop has artists making significant contributions to the entire music industry.
Death Grips on the other hand pulls most of the heavy weight packaging from teenage angst with each album. They then lay basic synths and a joke of a rapper over it. It generally lags behind pop by a mile or two in inventiveness. I never hear their music in shops or mentioned by anyone over the age of 25.
So tell me again, how exactly do Death Grips innovate? They even struggle to release a new theme with each release, and artwork is about the only original thing with Death Grips.
Yes, Death Grips is stable because they are standing on the shoulders of socially awkward teenagers. Most of the hard work is hashed out before they ever start making "music". This is fine, and what music is all about, but I prefer to be in with the leaders rather than the followers.
What really irks me and what has really brewed my hatred are Death Grips fans. They seem to think Death Grips is responsible for all that is good in the music world. I have just proven how false this is. In my experience, Death Grips fans (virgins, teenagers, and manchildren) are much less helpful than the alternative.
If you want nice pop, listen to Bruno Mars or Taylor Swift. If you like rock, Tame Impala. If you prefer, Drake or Kendrick Lamar. But please, don't feed the idiot magnet that is Death Grips!
>>
>>71694097
What website is it called?
>>
>>71694825
At least they don't use capos
>>
>>71694097
I doubt you'll find a Pixies or AnCo fan either, they're pretty obscure to most people as well

Unless you're in Brooklyn, then kys hipster fag
>>
>>71694831
RoomSurf
>>
>>71694825
>poptimist bullshit
kys

don't even like dg btw
>>
>>71694825
>compares the perspective of a 12 yr old obsessed fan to pop shit
You can like Death Grips and not think they're the savior of all music

>Name 20 successful people that listen to them
>they are standing on the shoulders of socially awkward teenagers
lol new pasta
>>
File: 1099461[1].jpg (162KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1099461[1].jpg
162KB, 1200x800px
>>71694825
>>
>>71694097
HOLY SHIT

ARE YOU RETARDED?

Music preference is just there for basically no reason, it's the dead last thing anyone checks on anything, applications for anything

you're really stupid and heltered if you think it matters

and no - death grips and anco are "normie that thinks theyre weird" tier. theyre not. get the fuck over yourself.
>>
>>71694860
>Pixies
Pixies is literally buzzfeed tier. Look at their "people IRL vs online" recent video.
>>
>>71695243
reported for bein a fag
>>71695259
yeah literally everyone knows where is my mind at least
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.