[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm listening this right now and I can't understand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 4

File: folder.jpg (4KB, 301x300px) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
4KB, 301x300px
I'm listening this right now and I can't understand why it has so many good reviews. Explain this, please.
>>
A lot of people really like it! That should explain the great amount of positive reviews.
>>
>>71686175
Also, it's too long, what the fuck they were thinking? It's almost as long as John Wick ...
>>
>>71686175
Ob la di ob la da...
>>
NUMBA NOINE, NUMBA NOINE, NUMBA NOINE...
>>
>>71686175
The melodies are extremely good and memorable. It has 30 songs and not a single one is forgettable.
>>
I'VE GOT BLISTERS ON MY FINGERS!!!
>>
It's got a little bit of everything. Four solo albums in one. It's perfectly imperfect. I love all the Beatle records but this is the one I go back to the most.
>>
>>71686175
THE
>>
>>71686329
i literally can't remember a single song from any beatles album
>>
It's the black sheep of their discography. The songs weren't really made as a "band", and the result is a Beatles album that's less catchy and more jagged than the others with some phenomenal songs. It feels less polished and more personal than their other records, and results in a great atmosphere on top of that.
>>
muse because traps are gay
>>
>>71686461
so its basically their ummagumma?
>>
Why are there so many people on /mu/ just getting into the Beatles? Are you all underage?
>>
>>71686175
>have 7 really good songs, and some fine experimental ones
>makes double album with majority filler material because yoko demands it
>>
>>71686461
You're goddammed right.
>>
>>71686175
Well, what are your favorites tracks mu??
>>
>>71686638
These are guys who hadn't heard of David Bowie before he died, so probably
>>
>>71686573
yes, except for the live section
>>
>>71686638

Actually this is one of their albums that I didn't listen because it was too long and a little boring.
>>
>>71686880
>Back in the U.S.S.R.
>Dear Prudence
>Glass Onion
>While My Guitar Gently Weeps
>Happiness Is a Warm Gun
>Blackbird
>Don't Pass Me By
>Why Don't We Do It In The Road?
>Helter Skelter
>Revolution 1
>Revolution 9
but while my guitar gently weeps stands supreme. remember cumming buckets when my dad first introduced me to it when i was about 12.
>>
The White Album is the ultimate pleb filter
>>
>>71686880
Martha My Dear
Happiness Is a Warm Gun
Long, Long, Long
Cry Baby Cry
Julia

I don't know, it's been years since I listened to the album in full
>>
>>71686175
What's the meaning behind Revolution 9, what the fuck is their problem? I felt like if I was watching a David Lynch film.
>>
>>71687220
You've gotta remember what technology they were working with at the time. It was an experimental track all done by dubbing and re-dubbing on tape machines.
>>
>>71687220
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wpMKmXKgPmc
>>
>>71686175
The Paul tracks.
>>
>>71687220
>>71687747
>not knowing Musique Concrete

bye reddit
>>
>>71687220
>I felt like if I was watching a David Lynch film.
What's wrong with this?
>>
>>71686175
ROCKY RACCOOOOOOOOON
>>
>>71688265
Checked into his room...
>>
>>71688341
ONLY TO FIND
>>
>>71686175
Why, what's wrong with it?
>>
>>71688575
Nothing, it's pretty good. I'm always deceived the first time that I listen to an album.
>>
>>71688569
Gideon's bible!
>>
>>71688341 Gideon's Bible
>>
>>71688631
Then why ask why it's good if you already think it's good?
>>
Don't feed the beatles
>>
>>71689154
he has to make sure his taste is /mu/ approved before he can say he likes it.
>>
I used to be one of those guys that thought it would be better as a single album with the "annoying" tracks like Revolution 9, Honey Pie, O Bla Di, Piggies, Don't Pass Me By, Why Don't We Do it in the Road, etc. cut out.

Now I realize that those tracks are every bit as important as the killer tracks like Dear Prudence, Happiness is a Warm Gun, While My Guitar, etc. even though they DO sound like shit.

The white album is by far the Beatles' shittiest album, but it is also their greatest album because its their most honest. It's a total mess, but it's not ashamed of itself and doesn't try to hide its faults.

The band were sick of writing love songs for the charts. They were sick of pretending to be a fictional band wearing psychedelic costumes and tripping balls in attempt to escape their fame. They were sick of all the eastern spiritual and transcendental meditation crap. And most of all, they were sick of each other and having to pretend they were friends.

The white album was them saying "fuck all that shit, this is who we are and here are a shitload of songs we wrote over the last year or so. Some of them are good, some of them are lousy, we don't care if you like them or us anymore. We don't even care enough to design an album cover."

It was the Beatles being honest with themselves and their audience for the first (and arguably only) time in their career.
>>
>>71689376
I agree it's one of their most honest albums but the rest of your post is just full of embarrassing factual errors. pls kys
>>
>>71689376
how could one man manage to be so wrong?
>>
What about Bungalow Bill you bloody sodding fecking bastards????
>>
>>71689376
>>71689428
Actually friendo George was only two or so years into the eastern/Indian shit by the white album era
>>
>>71688192
musique concrete has always freaked me the fuck out for some reason
i spent the better part of this afternoon listening to old shit from the 50's and i got seriously creeped
its like youre being forced forward at a really high speed and catching only glimpses of what you're passing
am i the only one who gets that feeling or can you guys relate
>>
>>71689655
He was also not sick of it, as he would go on and continue making Eastern-influenced music into his solo career
>>
>>71689712
Listen to Zappa's The Chrome Plated Megaphone of Destiny. He based it off Kafka and Burroughs writings
>>
Only songs I *deleted* at Revolution 9, Piggies, and Wild Honey Pie.

When you go through all the Beatle bootlegs from around this time it's pretty fucking astounding that Piggies and Wild Honey Pie made the album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJnshGY_qts

I mean consider that most all All Things Must Pass was written at this point. So yeah I'm not surprised George was sick of John and Paul's bossiness when shit like Wild Honey Pie and Rev. 9 make the fucking album.
>>
>>71689806
It's astonishing you think some garbage jam would have made the album, let alone be better than Honey Pie.
>I mean consider that most all All Things Must Pass was written at this point
[citation needed]
>>
>>71689881
Wild Honey Pie, not Honey Pie, fucking moron.
And that was 1 cut off a bootleg. Bootlegs were recorded and performed badly. You think what you hear on record is the first take of the song? You think that's the only song that wasn't released?

As for [citation needed], do your own research. Google and Wikipedia exist and they're wonderful. Everything about your post is stupid. Christ.
>>
>>71690016
>As for [citation needed], do your own research
Sounds like you are the one needing to do your research. Only two songs on All Things Must Pass were written at that time.

Can you figure it which?
>>
>>71687005
>Revolution 9
>excluding Long, Long, Long

What?

No really, what the actual fuck?
>>
>>71690044
I'm not going through every fucking George song that was released from 69 an onwards because I'm not doing your research for you. I've already read these things. Fuck you for expecting me to spoonfeed you. And if a song off ATMP wasn't from White Album sessions it was from the Get Back sessions. Basically all those songs were written before ATMP was formed, but they weren't accepted by Paul and John. Go listen to the bootlegs, read a Beatle book. You sound like you don't know fuck all about any of it.
>>
>>71686175

The White Album is so uneven that it drove Charles Manson to murder people.
>>
>>71690120
I would have added Savoy Truffle and Piggies but I have a George bias.
>>
>>71690414
Big if true
>>
>>71689803
I can see the influence in this yeah
thanks for the rec
>>
File: Paul McCartney.jpg (48KB, 404x480px) Image search: [Google]
Paul McCartney.jpg
48KB, 404x480px
>>71686432
>>
its not black sabbath, OR THE FUCKIN ELECTRIC WIZARD, OR ANYTHING. it is MOOT. although without the beatles sabbath would not exist, cuz ozzy loved them as a teen.
>>
it's all throwaways, but they're charming throwaways
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.